Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attero Device

I am quite annoyed about this....

Surely the gate builders could have figured out a way of disabling all the gates at once so the Athero Device could be used?

Seems very silly that they abandonded the idea so readily.... I am sure they could have lived without gate travel for a couple of decades whilst they cleaned up the stranded wraith ships. Just bury all the gates or something if they couldn't figure out a remote deactivation program.

It's spelled Attero Device. And yes, maybe the Ancients could live several years without gate travel, but what about all of the other races in the Pegasus galaxy.....

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by amforster View Post

Surely the gate builders could have figured out a way of disabling all the gates at once so the Athero Device could be used?
      Seems very silly that they abandonded the idea so readily.... I am sure they could have lived without gate travel for a couple of decades whilst they cleaned up the stranded wraith ships. Just bury all the gates or something if they couldn't figure out a remote deactivation program.
      And the Wraith could have very easily reactivated the Gate network
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe they were too busy with the war against the Wraith.

Comment

Janus built the Attero Device, it was an unsanctioned experiment
          that's why he couldn't ask the other Ancients to shut down the gates for a while

Comment

But I am sure Janus with his technological expertise could figure out how to shut all the gates down?

Also - What other technologically advanced races in pegasus? No one else used the gate system except them and the wraith (oh and the replicators). All the races we met in Atlantis (other than possibly the lost tribe of asgard) became technologically advanced enough to use the tech after they left.

Comment

lets face the facts here....the wraith only won because the writers wanted them to win because in reality there was no way in hell the wraith could have beaten the ancients.

Comment

Yes, just buries thousands, if not millions of gates....

But you do have a valid point about shutting the gate network down. Heck Felger did it the MW in one day...
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

But I am sure Janus with his technological expertise could figure out how to shut all the gates down?
                  the Ancients would know if Janus would have shut down the gate system, and he would be punished, we all know how gravely the ancients punish, so he couldn't do it

Comment

There were other advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy, as mentioned by "Weir" in Ghost in the Machine. They could have been relatively advanced during the time of the Lantean-Wraith war, and relied heavily on the gate system. It was mentioned at some point that the Genii were a multi-planet civilisation once upon a time, leading one to believe that many other societes relied on the gate system. Blowing up or shutting down the gates for these people could have been very detrimental to their societies.

I agree that Janus could not have shut down the gate system, as the rest of the Lanteans would not have allowed it.

Temp0ral.
                    sigpic

Comment

We could have killed of the wraith if we implemented the Avenger 2.0 virus along with the Attero Device, but no the writers didn't do it.

Comment

I think the Attero Device was an Easy way to defeat the wraith, a good show should have impossible odds for the good guys. but also leave room to win, and the good guys should loose more often. Makes it more realistic!!

Comment

Originally posted by tgomerski View Post
                          I think the Attero Device was an Easy way to defeat the wraith, a good show should have impossible odds for the good guys. but also leave room to win, and the good guys should loose more often. Makes it more realistic!!
                          the ancients would have used it and would have shut down all the gates with a similar yet more advanced virus like the avenger one we used.

Comment

If Janus is smart enough to build the Attero device there's no doubt he could reconfigure an automatic correlative update to take all the DHD's offline, similar to Avenger. The problem is that if he went behind the council's back he might have been able to disable a couple dozen hives but the council could have sent out a massive reset ACU or something to counteract whatever he did. And the council never seemed like they wanted to do anything drastic like shut down the entire gate network.

Comment

Originally posted by AK89 View Post
                              If Janus is smart enough to build the Attero device there's no doubt he could reconfigure an automatic correlative update to take all the DHD's offline, similar to Avenger. The problem is that if he went behind the council's back he might have been able to disable a couple dozen hives but the council could have sent out a massive reset ACU or something to counteract whatever he did. And the council never seemed like they wanted to do anything drastic like shut down the entire gate network
                              they've fully deserved their fate. Too bad that those a$$holes later ascended, they should have all died.
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X