Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape #3 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape #3 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Well, you may have saw my worrisome post in the thread for #2, but all is now right in the world. It came out on March 4th, so if you haven't picked it up, it's time to start looking.

I just finished reading it, and it's another winner. I'll come write some more later, but just wanted to get this going.

Anyone else grab it yet?

It might help to see the schedule for everything that's coming out, as things are going to get really busy here shortly, I'll try to wrangle one up, but it looks like Strange Detractors starts this month as well, and D'argo's Lament starts in April, so we have a lot of Scape on the horizon.

It is really great that we have so much Farscape to look forward to.

As for Issue #3, mine is apparently in the mail. Hopefully I will have it by the middle of the week.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess that's the best way to get the comics - by mail. I was at Midtown comics an hour after it opened to find them "out" of Farscape #3. OK, then how about the other store? Yep, "out" too. A little journey to Village Comix and Forbidden Planet - nada. Last stop/hope: Jim Hanley's Universe. OUT, they said. Before rage against the publishers ensued, I was told they had a copy in their distant store that they would send for me to pick up, by Tuesday or Wednesday. Sold, that.

Just sayin', it seems BOOM! isn't really shipping enough for the demand. No store appeared to have more than 5 copies at most. If they want to make it a subscription only comic, fine; just let us know. JHU is my hero, since they at least would order it for me. Ah, the travails of fandom. [/rant] Can't wait to get it finally!
      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
      sigpic
      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Yeah, they might want to consider increasing how many they send out. I suppose they like to sell out though, so they can say it's sold out.

I posted about my adventure finding #3 in the #2 thread. I'm pumped that I now have a subscription so I shouldn't have to worry, I had no idea about that service. Granted, I know not everyone can pay in advance for these things, but the savings and peace of mind made it worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          It is really great that we have so much Farscape to look forward to.

As for Issue #3, mine is apparently in the mail. Hopefully I will have it by the middle of the week.
          You're in for a treat. I think this issue is more dense than the first two, so that's great. My only complaint is twice I flipped the page and then thought I must have accidentally flipped 2 pages because the scenes jumped a little further ahead.

Comment

I'm really hoping that I got it today. I'll have to check the mail though.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I hope it's there for you fifth!

Do they package these things well in the mail?
              Last edited by Randy_Watson; 11 March 2009, 06:33 PM.

Comment

They are actually packaged very very well. They just take FOREVER to actually ship. I honestly do not expect mine for another two weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by dsigal View Post
                  They are actually packaged very very well. They just take FOREVER to actually ship. I honestly do not expect mine for another two weeks or so.
                  Ditto.

They arrive in the mail in great shape because of the packaging, but it just takes forever to get them for some reason....
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Still haven't gotten mine. And they sent it out last Saturday. I'll cross my fingers for tomorrow.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, I finally got my issue today. This story continues to get better and better. I can't wait to see how this wraps up, if it fully does. I never saw that stuff coming with Scorpius in this issue. What a SOB he is.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I got mine yesterday as well. Nice surprise.

I thought he snapped Deke's neck there at first and was like "wtf. did they just do that?" for a second. I guess he was just choking him, but wow that the comic would even go there. Not that I mind that type of darkness, but I can totally see Scorpy using Deke against John and Aeryn. It would have been out of character if he didn't.

Should have known that Scorpy had to much of a grudge against the Scarrens to let it drop and that he would find some other way to fight them...becoming head of Hynerian military or whatever his title was.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

I thought he snapped Deke's neck there at first and was like "wtf. did they just do that?" for a second. I guess he was just choking him, but wow that the comic would even go there.
                          I thought the same thing at first. Even just choking was pretty crazy, but fitting. Glad you and Fifth got it. I'm guessing the new one comes out soon. So that's good. I can't wait, and for the new series as well, strange detractors has really piqued my interest.

For our artist, if you stop by, I really liked the drawing of Areyn seen through Deke's little shield. The page with all the headshots, (Brady Bunch style) of Scorpy and John was nice too, especially the top line, middle and right.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                            I thought the same thing at first. Even just choking was pretty crazy, but fitting.
                            I'm glad I'm not the only one who first thought that. Had to read/look at those panels a couple of times to make sure I was interpreting it right.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

I am totally glad they were willing to go that dark with Scorpius in this issue. It proved to me yet again that these comics will be able to carry the weight the actual show did. Actually, I am not too sure Sci-Fi would have let them do that on TV.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X