X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live forever, apes!

Roughnecks: Starship Troopers.

Anyone else out there love this show as much as me?

Sound off, apes!
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Sir. Yes, Sir!

Great show! I own almost every campaign on DVD (I don't have the Homefront Campaign, but i think I have all the others. But I actually don't know the names of all the Campaigns or episodes because they're not named when the show aired - and they didn't name the episodes on the DVD's, either.)

I got hooked on Starship Troopers when the orignal movie came out in 1997. I even downloaded a printed out a copy of the original script for the movie.

Too bad i can't find a channel that airs the show anymore. I think it stopped airing a few years ago, back in 2002 or something.

Join the effort to win the war! Be an Ape!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, have you read the book?
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I happened to run across it one morning a couple of years ago and really liked it because it wasn’t a “kiddy” cartoon. The animation and graphic were cool, and I thought the stories were pretty engaging even though the original movie really didn’t grab me. But I only saw maybe a handful of episodes, 6 or 7 or so and then it was gone. Maybe sometime in the future I may consider buying the DVDs if they are still around so I can see the whole series if I have some money burning holes in my pockets.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
          Just out of curiosity, have you read the book?
          Yes, I have the book, too. (Starship Troopers, that is.) It was pretty good and enjoyed reading it. I don't know if there are any Roughnecks books out there, but if there are, I haven't read any of them.

Comment

There are seven volumes of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers available on video and DVD.
            They are: Vol. 1 "The Pluto Campaign", Vol. 2 "The Tesca Campaign", Vol. 3 "The Hydora Campaign", Vol. 4 "The Tophet Campaign", Vol. 5 "The Klendathu Campaign", Vol. 6 "The Homefront Campaign", and Vol, 7 "The Zephyr Campaign".

However, for some obscure and unknown reason, the DVD's were not relesed in proper story sequence. Someting equally bizzare is that Vol. 7 was not released in the UK, and is Region One only.

The correct viewing order is 1, 3, 4, 2, 7, 5, then 6.

Website www.trooperpx.com has a complete episode guide and links to other Starship Troopers related sites.

Live forever, apes!
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Gawd, I hate the Roughnecks show just as much as I hate the movie. Loved the book though.
              A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                There are seven volumes of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers available on video and DVD.
                They are: Vol. 1 "The Pluto Campaign", Vol. 2 "The Tesca Campaign", Vol. 3 "The Hydora Campaign", Vol. 4 "The Tophet Campaign", Vol. 5 "The Klendathu Campaign", Vol. 6 "The Homefront Campaign", and Vol, 7 "The Zephyr Campaign".

However, for some obscure and unknown reason, the DVD's were not relesed in proper story sequence. Someting equally bizzare is that Vol. 7 was not released in the UK, and is Region One only.

The correct viewing order is 1, 3, 4, 2, 7, 5, then 6.

Website www.trooperpx.com has a complete episode guide and links to other Starship Troopers related sites.

Live forever, apes!
                The list helps out a lot, Brutak. I was wondering what Campaigns I needed to get, and now I know!

Comment

Another problem is, that after nearly five years in limbo, the story of Razak's Roughnecks still isn't finished.
                  Production problems at Foundation Imaging mean that five episodes (including the two part series grand finale in which Johnny Rico goes toe to toe with the Bug Queen) remain unproduced.

However, the voice tracks, music and sound effects etc. were recorded, and the character models, vehicle models, bug models and so on still exist (somewhere), so all we need is for enough interest to be shown and, who knows...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see the series closed, but with the 5-year pause, interest may have dropped off the scale by this point. But there's always hope!

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                      I'd love to see the series closed, but with the 5-year pause, interest may have dropped off the scale by this point. But there's always hope!
                      Hopefully, sales of the DVDs and videos will show that there is still interest in the show out there in fanland.

Am I the only person who thinks it's weird that Sgt. Brutto is dating Major Carter?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                        Am I the only person who thinks it's weird that Sgt. Brutto is dating Major Carter?
                        He is? I never knew that.

Seriously, though. Does the guy that plays Peter (the guy dating Carter) play Sgt. Brutto in Roughnecks?

Comment

I watched the Pluto Campaign. None of the rental stores had them, except Pluto. And the stores charge too much for them.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                          Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                          "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                          My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                            He is? I never knew that.

Seriously, though. Does the guy that plays Peter (the guy dating Carter) play Sgt. Brutto in Roughnecks?
                            Yes indeedy - actor David DeLuise (Sgt. Brutto) plays Det. Pete Shanahan in Stargate SG-1.
                            Actress E.G. Dailey (Dizzy Flores [sigh]) is also the voice of Tommy Pickles in Rugrats and its spin off All Grown Up, and was the voice of Babe the pig in the movie Babe: Pig in the City, she is also an accomplished singer with several albums to her credit and is very, very attractive.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was never too keen on Sgt. Brutto in Rougnecks (or even his kid for that matter). Nothing against the actor, it was just the character that irked the daylights out of me. Trust me, if I ever had to deal with a guy like Brutto, I'd deck him to the ground in two seconds.

Comment

Working...
                              X