Enterprise and Three Parters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enterprise and Three Parters

Lately, Star Trek Enterprise has been airing three part episodes. does anyone know if theyll be doing this for the rest of the season? If they do, that only really gives us six distinct storylines. any info? thoughts? (personnally, i dont like the three-part deal. )
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

I hear there's gonna be like 2 stand-alone eps between a few 3-ep arcs.

Comment

After the Vulcan arc, there are 2 standalone stories, one dealing with the creator of the Transporter, and another dealing with aliens that take over people's bodies (hopefully, it won't feel TOO familiar...), and then another 3-part arc, and then a standalone Klingon episode.

So we've got at least 3 standalones on the way, as well as one more multi-parter.

I like this new format, although I would have liked a break between the Augment and the Vulcan Arc. Like maybe sticking the Transporter episode on before "The Forge." But that's just me...

Comment

Better than the crap they gave us the last three years.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          Lately, Star Trek Enterprise has been airing three part episodes. does anyone know if theyll be doing this for the rest of the season? If they do, that only really gives us six distinct storylines. any info? thoughts? (personnally, i dont like the three-part deal. )
          Nah, I think they'll eventually go back to regular episodes after this Vulcan one ends. Personally, I think Enterprise went from an okay show to a crap-ass show to a great show! I totally love it now. The Space Nazis, Dr. Soong, and Vulcan episodes have been excellent. I can't wait till Fridays will include new SG-1 and SG-A epis too!

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
            After the Vulcan arc, there are 2 standalone stories, one dealing with the creator of the Transporter, and another dealing with aliens that take over people's bodies (hopefully, it won't feel TOO familiar...), and then another 3-part arc, and then a standalone Klingon episode.

So we've got at least 3 standalones on the way, as well as one more multi-parter.

I like this new format, although I would have liked a break between the Augment and the Vulcan Arc. Like maybe sticking the Transporter episode on before "The Forge." But that's just me...
            Hey, did humans create the transporters?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
              Hey, did humans create the transporters?
              Yes.

Also, the episode that starts the Klingon arc is called 'Affliction'.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

there will also be a colonel green arc

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                  there will also be a colonel green arc
                  Wasn't he part of Word War III in the ST-Universe ?
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I think so. All we know right now is that Manny Coto wants him in and he is writing him in.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

so this season we have arcs for:
                      augments
                      vulcans
                      andorians
                      klingons
                      colonel green

that's only 15 epsiodes...

we also know they started the season with a two parter
                      then we had a stand-alone
                      we're having two stand-alone's after this arc

so that's a total of: 20 episodes...

that leaves two episodes left, so my guess is it'll be two stand-alones (one prob'ly being the season finale)... so all-in-all, 15 out of 22 eps are arc-related... well, 17 if ya count the first two-parter as the END of last-season's arc...

but since they said going in that this was what they were gonna do, i personally don't mind... it's better than a whole ton of TWO-parters, and stand-alones just don't allow stories to get fleshed-out as well...

so personally i like this format... it fits for this season for them to do it this way... just like last season the xindi arc worked...

Comment

I don't like this format, because Manny Coto destroyed the Temporal Cold War arc, which he could have done a better job on. But other than that, I've seen to like this seaosn, but not as much as last.

Comment

Aren't there only going to be 20 episodes this season? I thought I read that somewhere.
                          Slainte
                          "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I like the three parters. They give more of an opportunity for indepth stories and character development to happen than with just stand alone episodes. Take DS9 and VOY for example. DS9 was basically one huge story arc. As a result of that it had IMO the most well developed star trek characters ever. VOY on the other hand did all stand alone episodes, with a few two parters spread out. Looking at the series as a whole, I can't say that Harry Kim or Chakotay did a whole lot of developing. They did some, but nowhere near the amount even the secondary characters did on DS9.
                            MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Spoiler

There is gonna be andorian/Romulian arc , The Episode "affliction" reveals the truth behind startrek greatest secret and controversal issue of why the Klingions had no ridges in TOS. Apparently the Romulians were behind it!
                              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Working...
                              X