Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Next Gen cast members cameo in Abrams' Star Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Next Gen cast members cameo in Abrams' Star Trek?

One of the more interesting rumors coming out of last weekend's WonderCon is the suggestion that the crew of Star Trek: The Next Generation may appear in J.J. Abrams' upcoming Star Trek movie. (Possible spoilers ahead!)

The always-reliable TrekMovie.com has previously reported that the setup of the new film takes place in the post-Star Trek Nemesis era before going back in time to the period before the original Star Trek series.

On Sunday, Latino Review reported from the IDW Comics panel, quoting the panelists that "part of the movie will take place with the Next Generation cast, and to look out for that. Another guy on the panel gave him a quick 'uh, oh' look, and smiled."

Really?

Here's what TrekMovie reported: "We have previously received no indication that there are any cameos of any Next Generation-era actors or characters. Just to be sure, we double checked with reliable sources and can confirm that there are definitely no TNG cameos in the new Star Trek."

Who's right? Stay tuned! Star Trek opens May 8.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/do-next...-star-trek.php

To my mind, 'our' Spock is only in the movie to set up the reasoning behind the radically altered history. If he wasn't necessary, he wouldn't be there. The TNG cast isn't necessary at all. Well, not necessary for JJ's purposes in creating Young Trek.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Definitely a false rumor. That's just....not happening.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It probably won't happen, but if it did, I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them briefly.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally I doubt it. Jonathan Frakes is quoted on Trek Today saying the following. It shows his interest in the film form an audience perspective, but suggests nothing about anyone form TNG being involved with the project.

----------------

Although his Star Trek: The Next Generation days are behind him, Jonathan Frakes is still in contact with old castmates and isn't the only one who wouldn't mind doing a new The Next Generation movie.

As reported by TrekMovie.com, Star Trek is a part of Frake's past and it is now intertwined with his life. "Michael Dorn came to my house last night for dinner and we that very conversation," said Frakes. "It is part of you. We did one hundred and eighty-two episodes and four movies and countless conventions and countless Christmas parties, birthday parties and dinners. And you get recognized every day. For better or for worse, you epitaph will be 'you knew him best as Riker.'"

Frakes still socializes with his former The Next Generation actors. "I had dinner with Dorn last night," he said. "I got an email from Patrick [Stewart] yesterday, who is just back from starting rehearsals with Sir Ian McKellen on 'Waiting for Godot,' opening in the West End, in May." Frakes went on to add that Patrick Stewart would be "happy to make another movie (The Next Generation if everything came back together. I have spoken to him on that very subject."

In addition to his interest in his former show, Frakes has been paying attention to the newest Star Trek offering. When Star Trek XI was filming, he visited the set. "J.J. [Abrams] uses my favorite first [assistant director], Tommy Gormley," explained Frakes. "Tommy and I had breakfast and he said 'Come over to the set. J.J. wants to meet you.' So I went to the bridge and there was Mr. Abrams and this beautiful, incredible set."

Link here:

http://www.trektoday.com/content/200...-in-touch.html
          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
          X