The Origin of the Asgards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Origin of the Asgards

As we know, we humans descends from the primates, and have as our "cousins" the mokeys, that also descends from the primates.

And the Asgard, they descends from what kind of animal?
    Locusts, fishes, any insect?
    Stargate fan - city of Curitiba-Brazil

Originally posted by Carlos-Curitiba View Post
    As we know, we humans descends from the primates, and have as our "cousins" the mokeys, that also descends from the primates.

And the Asgard, they descends from what kind of animal?
    Locusts, fishes, any insect?
    Pretty hard to say as we don't have enough info. They evolved from lifeforms on a totally different planet in another galaxy, a planet with its own unique evolution. We simply don't know what other species existed there to evolve from.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Well the basic form cant change that significantly over time. They have a humanoid form, so i think it is safe to say that they had an primatoid form. Take care with double posting, you already have an identical thread.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Yeah different planet, entirely different eco-system and wildlife. Im guessing they advanced alot like us, using their technology and brains to outsmart natural predators to become the dominant species. Obviously, they evolved from some form of mammal on their planet, who knows, that mammal couldve been a reptile like it is expected what happened with us, but we will never now

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

They evolved from dolphin like creatures.
          Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Asgard evolved from Fly's!

Comment

Seeing as their current bodies are genetically altered already it makes this question even harder to answer. Different galaxy, different planet, anything is possible.
              sigpic

Comment

Probably some large humanoid. The Asgard in stasis shown in Sg1: Revelations is already a litte bit altered, but looks large and humanoid, only with strange asgard like skin. Also the fact that they were searching humans (SG1: Fragile Balance, ATL: First Contact, Lost Tribe) suggest that they were human like.

Comment

they probably evolved from fish.

Comment

as did we all

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

exactly my point

Comment

thought so

(I dont like that!, i wanted to say (nieuw stopwoordje))

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

indeed it is. or as a perfect germanism: Inderdeed.

Comment

which closely resembles inderdaad

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

I think the assumption is they were seeded by ancients in the galaxy right before us between the Milky Way and the Ori Galaxy. They used to be human-esque, theyre just the most advanced species the Ancients seeded (well the wraith too lol)

Its kinda open to guessing which is realistic. Afterall we have no real idea where our species came from. All we have is an incomplete fossil record and abuncha contradicting religious stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X