This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wraith question

Ok, in the first episode it said that the pegasus galaxy was lifeless and the ancients brought life there. If there was no life, then where the hell did the wraiths come from? they wouldnt' be able to live their if there was no lifeforms for them to eat in the first place.
    Also, if the ancients were so noble and wanted to bring life to a lifeless galaxy , how come the ascended ancients all of a sudden dont want anything to do with the physical world anymore? that doesnt make sense. If anything, they should want to help people even more when they have the power.

Originally posted by caes4
    Ok, in the first episode it said that the pegasus galaxy was lifeless and the ancients brought life there. If there was no life, then where the hell did the wraiths come from? they wouldnt' be able to live their if there was no lifeforms for them to eat in the first place.
    Also, if the ancients were so noble and wanted to bring life to a lifeless galaxy , how come the ascended ancients all of a sudden dont want anything to do with the physical world anymore? that doesnt make sense. If anything, they should want to help people even more when they have the power.
    we really dont know much about the past. maybe the wraith were nearby, maybe the wraith were in stasis. who knows, maybe its just an error on the part of the producers. and the wraith can live for a really long time (even hungry), it might not be pleasant, but it's doable.
    for whatever reason they dont believe in interfering with what goes on, maybe theres some underlying reason which they'll announce later.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Keep watching Atlantis and your question might be answered
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Maybe my theory is correct. The ancients destroyed all life form and stole their technology. When they came to Earth, they realised that humans were not advanced at all and so seeded the galaxy with human life. They then ascended because they feared that the members of the alliance would find out and destroy them. Now they cannot be harmed

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
          Maybe my theory is correct. The ancients destroyed all life form and stole their technology. When they came to Earth, they realised that humans were not advanced at all and so seeded the galaxy with human life. They then ascended because they feared that the members of the alliance would find out and destroy them. Now they cannot be harmed
          interesting theory, and we shall see what happens

Comment

Conjecture. There is zero evidence from the show to even suggest something like what you are saying could be true.

Now, if you could point to some evidence from the show to back up your idea, then you might actually have something.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Some interesting speculation regarding this went on in this thread. Also, you might want to check out this one, this one, and this one (getting a little repetitive, huh ). They introduce some good theories and are enjoyable to read.

Rocket4477
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                Some interesting speculation regarding this went on in this thread.
                Dead link.
                Also, you might want to check out this one
                Conjecture.
                Conjecture.
                and this one (getting a little repetitive, huh ). They introduce some good theories and are enjoyable to read.
                Conjecture.

Is conjecture interesting? Sure. Is conjecture based on evidence from the show? Not really.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

maby the wraith was the "plague" that the Ancients was runing from. but some how the wraith know where thay was going to go. and than thay just for got about Earth.

Comment

[Sarcasm/]Because apparently when you ascend, your body dies but they compensate for that by letting your ego grow to the size of the Milky Way Galaxy [/Sarcasm]
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-SG1-
                      maby the wraith was the "plague" that the Ancients was runing from. but some how the wraith know where thay was going to go. and than thay just for got about Earth.
                      now thats an interesting interpretation...

Comment

watch Atlantis all and pray we find out this answer soon
                        " You can not gain anything without first giving something in exchange

Ed- Full Metal Alchemist

Comment

I have another Wraith question. If they feed on humans by sucking the life out of them with their right hands, whats with the fangs? Whats with the mouth for that matter.

Comment

I believe it was 'apparently lifeless', which would presumably account for the Wraith all being asleep at the time. My theory is that whatever had lived there, the Wraith had eaten, hence the apparent lifelessness.

And the Ascended don't interfere because the temptation is too great. From what Daniel has said whilst he was glowing, they may have the power to shatter mountains and snuff out suns, but they have the same cognitive limits that they had when they were mortal. Orlin tried to interfere and inadvertantly set a race on a path to a level of tyranny that would have made the Goa'uld look like amateurs (or would have done, assuming the Goa'uld didn't do a good enough job of that themselves).

I may want - in my heart of hearts - for at least some of the Ancients to turn out to be as dodgy as all get out, but the biggest argument against this is that, once Ascended, they have to power to be as gods - not false gods, but actual honest-to-themselves gods - but they choose not to. Even Oma the Irresponsible doesn't set herself up as anything more than a Boddisatva.

[Sarcasm/]Because apparently when you ascend, your body dies but they compensate for that by letting your ego grow to the size of the Milky Way Galaxy [/Sarcasm]
                            I think the one thing you can't accuse the Ascended of is egoism; a certain degree of egocentrism, perhaps, but not egoism. An egotist would want to be seen and noticed and worshipped; the Ancients do not.

Is conjecture interesting? Sure. Is conjecture based on evidence from the show? Not really.
                            But are we here for hard core intellectual debate or to have a good time? I think we can all agree that the latter is the case, so there's a place for fun conjecture; but then you know I think that already.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

But are we here for hard core intellectual debate or to have a good time?
                              What happens if you have a good time while in a hard core intellectual debate?

Comment

Working...
                              X