Why was the CGI so awful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was the CGI so awful?

I just rewatched this episode today and...I have to admit I'm stunned...the moment Sheppard stepped through the Gate into the SGC...why was the puddle CGI so awful? Seriously...he didn'tmove though the gate he just sort of appeared and then the ripples formed and then the sound effects came....WTF?
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    I just rewatched this episode today and...I have to admit I'm stunned...the moment Sheppard stepped through the Gate into the SGC...why was the puddle CGI so awful? Seriously...he didn'tmove though the gate he just sort of appeared and then the ripples formed and then the sound effects came....WTF?
    the main battle was also dissapointing, there was just no.. well texture isnt the word but its close, you just couldnt feel what was happening where as things like the ori attack on the allies at the destruction our 304s, the hat'aks, and the asgard ships, you could really feel it, it made your hairs stand on end. but this left me cold

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
      the main battle was also dissapointing, there was just no.. well texture isnt the word but its close, you just couldnt feel what was happening where as things like the ori attack on the allies at the destruction our 304s, the hat'aks, and the asgard ships, you could really feel it, it made your hairs stand on end. but this left me cold
      Right when atlantis comes out of the wormhole and beckett starts firing you can see how poorly detailed and discolored atlantis is as the camera zooms in on the drones on their way to the hiveship. Awful...

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Did you guys watch the preair, as the VFX weren't complete in that? (It somehow uploaded itself to my computer?!?)

Temp0ral.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I saw the ep. on SciFi when it was aired, never saw the leaked version. But the CGI in the gateroom scene with Shep was nonetheless indeed awful. I remember noting it at the time, although I can't speak with decent recollection to the other scenes discussed.

Comment

Yep, it was cheesy. They just rushed through that episode.
            Favorite Characters:
            Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
            Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
            SG1: Jack O'Neill
            SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
            Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Working...
            X