PDA

View Full Version : real time gateworld internet chat room

roswellgray
December 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
any plans for a real time gateworld internet chat room? subdivided the same way the post forums are? that would be cool.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
December 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
yeah it would. But it would have to be in some kind of applet that anyone can access. I know there are a lot I can't connect to. It's stopped me from being able to play some kinds of sims. There would also have to be less rooms than there are forums, there just aren't all that many members on at the same time for there to be much discussion in any particular room IMO.
Still, it would be awsome and then maybe GW could stage chats with the cast and crew. That'd be awsome.

lionel_pendergast_rocks
December 2nd, 2004, 06:04 PM
i really like that idea. maybe we could get some mods to consider it.

roswellgray
December 2nd, 2004, 06:12 PM
Java is the obvious choice. Their technology is superb and very secure. If the gateworld owners implement the idea I want to be rewarded by meeting the production and visual effects people (but not the actors!) :)

Erik Pasternak
December 2nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
Have you guys checked out this (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=5582) thread? It might answer your question.

Darren
December 3rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
It's in the works!

Jprime
December 4th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Really? I thought the general opinion was that it took away from the forum feel and was tough to mod. Doesn't this belong in Gateworld Features anyway?

Wass
December 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Wow really cool stuff happening to gateworld in 2005 nice one Darren.

Erik Pasternak
December 4th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Doesn't this belong in Gateworld Features anyway?The link I provided is to a thread which already exists in GateWorld Features.

Jprime
December 4th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Then howcome this thread is still postable?

Wass
December 4th, 2004, 12:02 PM
The mods might move it later on when they read the posts and realise this thread is in the wrong folder.

roswellgray
December 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I was reserving this retort for my next argument with ShadowMaat - but if you don't stop hinting to the mods to close my thread I will pull a SevenOfNine and send an electric charge thru the communications grid to your keyboard and ZAP you!!!!!!!!! :p :p :cool: :cool:

Wass
December 4th, 2004, 12:21 PM
LOL, don't hurt me know

greytop
December 4th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I was reserving this retort for my next argument with ShadowMaat - but if you don't stop hinting to the mods to close my thread I will pull a SevenOfNine and send an electric charge thru the communications grid to your keyboard and ZAP you!!!!!!!!! :p :p :cool: :cool:
Don't hurt Wass.

I think he was just hinting that the mods just move it and intergated into the other forum.

I think that is a great idea. But most chat room when I want to get into them are empty. I'm usually busy to get into the schedule ones. :eek: Work, usually. :eek:

Wass
December 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Don't hurt Wass.

I think he was just hinting that the mods just move it and intergated into the other forum.

Thank you greytop :)

I think that is a great idea. But most chat room when I want to get into them are empty. I'm usually busy to get into the schedule ones. :eek: Work, usually. :eek:

Yeah I know the feeling recent experience of it is the chevronine.com site great site for Stargate Atlantis fan but when ever I go on it there is no body on there IRC site.

But I still think it's great idea why because it will allow members who have known each other on the forum to talk to each other easier, have more fun and it's more personal. Also gateworld is much bigger then other website we have about 4000 members so there will always someone to talk to.

Those who think it will make the forum pointless IMO the IRC and the forum can go hand in hand it could attract new members who would be more interested in IRC as well as the forum.

GateWorld
December 4th, 2004, 11:57 PM
It's more likely that we'll start with scheduled chat times (like after new episodes air) than leave the chat room open 24/7 -- depending on interest and demand. If it were open 24/7, it would have to be unmodded ... which could cause problems.

Darren