This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real time gateworld internet chat room

any plans for a real time gateworld internet chat room? subdivided the same way the post forums are? that would be cool.

yeah it would. But it would have to be in some kind of applet that anyone can access. I know there are a lot I can't connect to. It's stopped me from being able to play some kinds of sims. There would also have to be less rooms than there are forums, there just aren't all that many members on at the same time for there to be much discussion in any particular room IMO.
    Still, it would be awsome and then maybe GW could stage chats with the cast and crew. That'd be awsome.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

i really like that idea. maybe we could get some mods to consider it.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Java is the obvious choice. Their technology is superb and very secure. If the gateworld owners implement the idea I want to be rewarded by meeting the production and visual effects people (but not the actors!)

Comment

Have you guys checked out this thread? It might answer your question.
          Rocky

Comment

It's in the works!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Really? I thought the general opinion was that it took away from the forum feel and was tough to mod. Doesn't this belong in Gateworld Features anyway?
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

Wow really cool stuff happening to gateworld in 2005 nice one Darren.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                  Doesn't this belong in Gateworld Features anyway?
                  The link I provided is to a thread which already exists in GateWorld Features.
                  Rocky

Comment

Then howcome this thread is still postable?
                    [email protected]
                    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                    One nation under dog
                    There of which I stand alone
                    A face in the crowd
                    Unsung, against the mold
                    Without a doubt
                    Singled out
                    The only way I know

Comment

The mods might move it later on when they read the posts and realise this thread is in the wrong folder.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I was reserving this retort for my next argument with ShadowMaat - but if you don't stop hinting to the mods to close my thread I will pull a SevenOfNine and send an electric charge thru the communications grid to your keyboard and ZAP you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL, don't hurt me know

Comment

Originally posted by roswellgray
                            I was reserving this retort for my next argument with ShadowMaat - but if you don't stop hinting to the mods to close my thread I will pull a SevenOfNine and send an electric charge thru the communications grid to your keyboard and ZAP you!!!!!!!!!
                            Don't hurt Wass.

I think he was just hinting that the mods just move it and intergated into the other forum.

I think that is a great idea. But most chat room when I want to get into them are empty. I'm usually busy to get into the schedule ones. Work, usually.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              Don't hurt Wass.

I think he was just hinting that the mods just move it and intergated into the other forum.
                              Thank you greytop

Originally posted by greytop
                              I think that is a great idea. But most chat room when I want to get into them are empty. I'm usually busy to get into the schedule ones. Work, usually.
                              Yeah I know the feeling recent experience of it is the chevronine.com site great site for Stargate Atlantis fan but when ever I go on it there is no body on there IRC site.

But I still think it's great idea why because it will allow members who have known each other on the forum to talk to each other easier, have more fun and it's more personal. Also gateworld is much bigger then other website we have about 4000 members so there will always someone to talk to.

Those who think it will make the forum pointless IMO the IRC and the forum can go hand in hand it could attract new members who would be more interested in IRC as well as the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X