F-305's or whatever they would call the next ship class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-305's or whatever they would call the next ship class

With all the Asgard patents at Earth's disposal and the change in military needs in the landscape of the SG reality making F-304's should officially go on the back burner. The F-304's don't carry that many 302's in the first place, and removing the hangar bay and all support machinery, staff, pilots would shrink the vessel considerably. I'm thinking we need F-305's, our version of a cruiser or Al'kesh.
    Think about it, a normal Asgard battleship like the Daniel Jackson can be operated by remote, let alone a single being on the ship. We not only have the blue prints we can apparently replicate the tech. Based on "Unending", all the asgard upgrades (weapons most importantly) came with their own power supply easily just added to the Odyssey. In military vessels (specially space ones) space is vital, and every inch is used, so we are not talking about vast space requirements. Earth could make a cruiser class ship able to bring the same Asgard fire power as a F-304, but from a far smaller ship. These would not be nearly as hard to make since they would use less Trinium and be more reliant on Asgard tech (which I assume we beam into existence, not build). They can be manned by a few personnel instead of a couple hundred and wouldn't even need the rail guns which I feel never did much besides piss them off more.

It doesn't matter why the writers may never do it, its fun to think about anyway.

Yes it's fun if they think about it
    And if we are to see one it will be in the movies.
    Oh, it's calde DSC-304. Stands fore "Deep Space Carrier" the "F" stands fore "Fighter.
    And Prometheus was later calde BC-303(Battle Cruiser)
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

deadalus is a BC/DSC. in AOT, its a BC. but seeing as its vague, the Apollo and Deadalus are most likely DSC (Seeing their trek to atlantis) and the Oddy and Sun Tzu are BC's

Comment

Yes maybe, but it's not "F" caus as i said stands for "Fighter"
        sigpic

Comment

Ok getting beyond my bad naming. Come on, how about opinions and not holier than thou stargate knowledge. I'm sure there is someone out there who knows each planet by their P number, but i got the point across, so lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            deadalus is a BC/DSC. in AOT, its a BC. but seeing as its vague, the Apollo and Deadalus are most likely DSC (Seeing their trek to atlantis) and the Oddy and Sun Tzu are BC's
            I doubt theres a difference, seeming they are the same type of ship they will all be DSC-304's, Im guessing your suggesting the Oddyssey is a BC because teh IOA fella in AOT said hes 'never been on one of our BattleCruisers before' which I wouldnt make too much of.

A smaller ship is needed as seriously how often do they use the 302's, something smaller more agile with similar capabilities weapon wise (whatever human weapons and a single Asguard Beam Weapon) is whats needed

Comment

I think there have been a few threads about what new ships people would like Earth to make lately and a shrunken down 304, without much of the neck and only having space for things like power generation, basic crew quarters was among them.
              Personally I'd like to see a souped up 304, with some tough hull armor, added power generators to strengthen the shields.
              Replace the nukes with some smaller more high-tech mobile projectiles, give them shields, perhaps the Goauld's inertial propulsion tech mentioned to be used on the Death Gliders, that way a 304 could house hundreds of the things and they'd never get shot down by the Wraith.

Who knows maybe we'll see something like that in Universe or some future SG1 or SGA film.

Comment

yes maybe,maybe...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deep Like Daniel View Post
                  With all the Asgard patents at Earth's disposal and the change in military needs in the landscape of the SG reality making F-304's should officially go on the back burner. The F-304's don't carry that many 302's in the first place, and removing the hangar bay and all support machinery, staff, pilots would shrink the vessel considerably. I'm thinking we need F-305's, our version of a cruiser or Al'kesh.
                  Think about it, a normal Asgard battleship like the Daniel Jackson can be operated by remote, let alone a single being on the ship. We not only have the blue prints we can apparently replicate the tech. Based on "Unending", all the asgard upgrades (weapons most importantly) came with their own power supply easily just added to the Odyssey. In military vessels (specially space ones) space is vital, and every inch is used, so we are not talking about vast space requirements. Earth could make a cruiser class ship able to bring the same Asgard fire power as a F-304, but from a far smaller ship. These would not be nearly as hard to make since they would use less Trinium and be more reliant on Asgard tech (which I assume we beam into existence, not build). They can be manned by a few personnel instead of a couple hundred and wouldn't even need the rail guns which I feel never did much besides piss them off more.

It doesn't matter why the writers may never do it, its fun to think about anyway.
                  our 304s can carry 16 302s which help a lot with protecting the ship and targeting enemy ships in prime spots and they are a valuable asset thats worth keeping not to mention once we start building up our fleet then 304s can travel in packs on big missions and if each 304 has 16 302s and there are like 5 ships in the battlegroup then we'd have a fleet of 80 302s which if we upgrade them with a minaturized asgard beam weapon, they would be extremely helpfull.

and we need the railguns because they are pretty much our point defense system that allows them to focus the beam weapons on the capitol ships and the rail guns on the fighters or darts.

and while yes, if they were half the size of 304s we could double output but they would be weaker and id much rather have a fleet of 304s than this ship.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by starburst View Post
                    I doubt theres a difference, seeming they are the same type of ship they will all be DSC-304's, Im guessing your suggesting the Oddyssey is a BC because teh IOA fella in AOT said hes 'never been on one of our BattleCruisers before' which I wouldnt make too much of.

A smaller ship is needed as seriously how often do they use the 302's, something smaller more agile with similar capabilities weapon wise (whatever human weapons and a single Asguard Beam Weapon) is whats needed
                    But it IS a BC!
                    The F302 is a fighter - small, agile, and still supplies good supporting firepower.
                    BC303 - A pwnage vessel designed to pound the **** out of anything, heavy duty ship, good shields and weapons, born to kill.
                    DSC304 - Powerful but not designed to fight. It can fight it's way from maybe a single enemy ship, but its main purpose is the transport of people and supplies, not combat.
                    SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                    LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                    READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                    Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                      But it IS a BC!
                      The F302 is a fighter - small, agile, and still supplies good supporting firepower.
                      BC303 - A pwnage vessel designed to pound the **** out of anything, heavy duty ship, good shields and weapons, born to kill.
                      DSC304 - Powerful but not designed to fight. It can fight it's way from maybe a single enemy ship, but its main purpose is the transport of people and supplies, not combat.

our 304s can take out 2 hive ships easy and god knows how many hatak. the 304s were designed for BOTH combat and delivery of fighters. DSC stands for deep space carrier, as in aircraft carrier not transport ship.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

As someone said we NEED rail guns as asgard weapons are always the first thing to go in a fight.
                        Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                        But it IS a BC!
                        sorry? the BC-303 is the prometheus?
                        the DSC-304 is the daedalus, apollo, odyssey, sun tzu?
                        im pretty sure the 304's are more powerful than the 303's.

Comment

The railguns are quite useful. Just look at "The Kindred part 2." Michael's cruiser dodged the beams quite nicely. If the beams can't hit a target as large as that cruiser maneuvering as slow as that cruiser was, then how do you expect them to fend off fighters? That's where the railguns come in. Also see "Daedalus Variations."
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

I agree Rail Guns still do have their uses but I think they could do with being amped up a bit, give them a bigger explosive charge or whatever they've already got, maybe Naqueda, I think Iron and Potassium like the small explosive that was placed in Cassandra's chest in Singularity (Stargate SG1 season 1) that way with ships like Hives and Cruisers they could still do huge damage if the beams go offline and they run out of Missiles.
                            If Earth did decide to build some smaller bombers or attack craft and didn't want to risk letting the Asgard Plasma beam weapons falling into the wrong hands they could just use the new rail gun rounds as their main weapons or as an accompaniment to some missiles.

Comment

One of the ideas i have for a Cruiser (And i can't remeber if i came up with this idea or not ) is to take the 304 and just lob off the Hangers. Stick a smaller drive pod in thier place, but angled upwards not out.......maybe change the length of the neck as well....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                              X