This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Daedalus class ships in SGU

So I read somewhere that Daedalus class ships won't be appearing in SGU. This seems to suggest that SGU will have no real connection to the existing SG ummmm universe. Will any of the mainstays of the stargate franchise, except the ancients and the stargate, make it into SGU?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64358
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

OH Great , Now I got that sinking feeling about the show again. I still completely hate the idea of this show, I'm still giving it a chance ,but I'm still speculating.

Comment

Well, they can say this, but it may not be permanent. FOr example, Atlantis wouldn't have contact to Earth from the beginning....Maybe it happens here too...
        Hello Guys! Sorry for any Writing errors. I'm Brazilian and don't know english....XD~~

Comment

As stated during pre-production by TBTB SG-U is supposed to be somewhat disconnected from SG-1 and SG-A to attract new audience. So if they would include too much from the first two shows they would have to do episodes to give the new audience some background knowledge about e04s for example.
          I am really excited about the show and can't wait to see some real pictures of the Destiny.
          Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
          Jack: "What?"
          Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
          Jack: "What?"
          Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
          Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
          - - - - -
          Knight Rider S01E11
          KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
          - - - - -
          Eureka S03E12
          Bismarck: This is madness.
          Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

There might be Daedalus class ships in SGU atleast in the beginning of the pilot, and perhaps in some later episodes...if nothing else there might be alternate timelines, perhaps a test of some sort of some sort of rear-engineered worm hole drive causing a 304 to appear in SGU

Comment

Having no Daedalus class ships in SGU will be great. SG-1 didn't have them in the beginning and it was a great show. More focus on the gate and gate travel will be good for the show.

Temp0ral.
              sigpic

Comment

They are stranded in a far away galaxy, if a ship could come and pick them up at any time that would completely change the show.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  They are stranded in a far away galaxy, if a ship could come and pick them up at any time that would completely change the show.
                  Not that they would leave the ship alone lol.... Earth would most likly try to re-program it and steer it to Earth....

I Dont really understand this..... i have read all the threads pretaining to this subject and people seem really mad at the fact the 304's are not going to be in the show..... the two reasons im confused about it are....

1 - They will eventually show a 304 regardless of it its a "Meanwhile back on Earth" moment.....

2 - Even one is now slaggin SGA for allowing the Atlantis team to get back in touch with Earth so quickly and now we have the perfect pretense for stopping them getting back to Earth and we are still not happy
                  A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
                    Not that they would leave the ship alone lol.... Earth would most likly try to re-program it and steer it to Earth....

I Dont really understand this..... i have read all the threads pretaining to this subject and people seem really mad at the fact the 304's are not going to be in the show..... the two reasons im confused about it are....

1 - They will eventually show a 304 regardless of it its a "Meanwhile back on Earth" moment.....

2 - Even one is now slaggin SGA for allowing the Atlantis team to get back in touch with Earth so quickly and now we have the perfect pretense for stopping them getting back to Earth and we are still not happy
                    Fans will complain no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                      Fans will complain no matter what.

Indeed.....Hey arn't we debating on another thread??? LMAO
                      A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
                        Indeed.....Hey arn't we debating on another thread??? LMAO
                        Indeed we are. We just happen to be in complete agreement in this one!

Comment

Working...
                        X