This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does every one assume that the anchients did the destiny mission alone

since we know that the original species where part of a group or council Asgard, Anchient, Furlings, etc... how when they where trying to achieve such a big project does every one assume they did it alone even if the others involved where less advanced surely they would have had some part so why is it so surprising to everyone that some people think that the other races would not ever have gone along or at least had their own ships taking part.

I dont know if anyone is assuming... There isnt enough evidence to even warrant thinking about that theory... From all we know, its just ancients created 2 ships, 1 gate builder, 1 vessel to go check the progress of the mission. You might be right, but i dont think anyone would be surprised if we found out that it was a group project?

Comment

well correct me if im wrong but i bealive it has been said that the project of seeding began around the same time ancients where still seeding stargates in most probably the mikyway so my guess is it was a little to early for other races to be involved because the ancients only came into contact with races like the nox, furlings, Asgard through stargates and we know those races never created the gates. plus i bealive that great alliance may have taken a while to be formed.

plus i guess the creators have stated it was the "Ancients" grand experiment plus other than the whole meaning of life stuff episode in sg1 we have yet to see any evidence of ancients working together with other races.
      sigpic

Comment

The four 'great' races came well after the time of the Ancients. We've had no indication of any other advanced races co-existing with them. If they did exist, and share the same space, it seems odd that they left no artifacts or structures behind.

Comment

From what we know, the Ancients were an independant race. We have no evidence to show they worked with other races.
          SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
          LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
          READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
          Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

I guess they did say it was the Ancients project but when I first read the idea that it was group effort I thought it would certainly add to the material for different plot lines. I think it would be interesting so who knows.

Comment

i think it would be neat if the furrlings were the race that discovered the purpose of the 9th chevon. Then the entire series could put the furrlings, who somehow got off the ship, trying to overtake the ship from the humans.....i dont know why i have just always pictured the furrlings as a bad race, maybe not evil like the Ori or the Goauld, but just not nice and do what it takes to get what they want
              THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

Comment

Originally posted by THE HAM View Post
                i dont know why i have just always pictured the furrlings as a bad race, maybe not evil like the Ori or the Goauld, but just not nice and do what it takes to get what they want
                so basically the evil asgard

Comment

Interesting thought, although is seems to be a fact that the Ancients built the gates in our galaxy.
                  sigpic

Comment

the great alliance of 4 races has only been mentioned a very small number of times since it was first mentioned, i dont think it would work well with newer fans

Comment

Just because they had an alliance doesn't mean they did everything together. The NOx were likely still introverted, the Asgard live in a different Universe and we know very little about the Furlings.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero_200 View Post
                        well correct me if im wrong but i bealive it has been said that the project of seeding began around the same time ancients where still seeding stargates in most probably the mikyway so my guess is it was a little to early for other races to be involved because the ancients only came into contact with races like the nox, furlings, Asgard through stargates and we know those races never created the gates. plus i bealive that great alliance may have taken a while to be formed.

plus i guess the creators have stated it was the "Ancients" grand experiment plus other than the whole meaning of life stuff episode in sg1 we have yet to see any evidence of ancients working together with other races.
                        yes it is an anchient venture, you are quite correct there.

but some of the races from the four great races may have been allied long before the council set up on eanests planet. the anchients and nox could have been allied for millions of years, the nox or little we have seen clearly have tech even more advanced than the anchients (examples available), so whilst it is an anchient mission there is no saying that a second race may have helped with some of the tech, perhaps the anchients at the time of the destinys construction had to borrow shield or cloak tech (for instance we know for a fact that the nox have awesome cloaking devices that even phase there floating city like merlins phase shifter)

Comment

THERE IS NO "H" IN ANCIENT, for Cryin Out Loud!!!
                          ... stay in school kids!
                          ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
                            THERE IS NO "H" IN ANCIENT, for Cryin Out Loud!!!
                            ... stay in school kids!
                            there is as many h's as i like this is a stargate forum!! NOT a spelling bee
                            using the ENGLISH spelling of the word allowes for with or without an H

Comment

Cuz the Asgard are too young and the Nox and Furlings too little is known about them. Atlantis was launched when the Asgard were infantile and the Destiny was launched millions of years before Atlantis.

Also I am pretty sure the Great Alliance was formed within the last 50 or so thousand years before the Ancients disappeared.
                              Last edited by RepliVeggie; 25 February 2009, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X