This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odin Were is he?

The Asgaards pretended to be the Norse gods, So far they have shown Thor and Freyer,But wouldnt it be neat to see Thors dad Odin? King of the Norse gods if he was a Asgaard he might be their leader or Highlord.

Another interesting possibility is Loki the god of flame and trickery, The Norse mythologies version of the devil. Why not have a Bad Guy Asgaard Loki?
    Last edited by Bast; 10 May 2004, 02:25 PM.
    The Egyptian Cat God .

yes. yes and yes. i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks we should have Odin (among others) on the show.

but how much of the show have you seen? up to what season?

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
      Another interesting possibility is Loki the god of flame and trickery, The Norse mythologies version of the devil. Why not have a Bad Guy Asgard Loki?
      SPOILERS for early S7

Actually, Loki did put in an appearance in the ep Fragile Balance. If not outright evil, he was at least morally questionable.

Would like to see Odin. Would be cool if he were, say, the last living example of the original Asgard form (the tall one, making him bigger and more father-like than everyone).

Comment

Spoiler Space S7 Fragile Balance

Loki was in FB and while not "evil" per se he wasn't a "good guy".
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I never saw season 7 sadly, I dont get sci fi, I checked all the synopses and I never noticed Loki.

Why was he so moraly questionible?
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I never saw season 7 sadly, I dont get sci fi, I checked all the synopses and I never noticed Loki.

Why was he so moraly questionible?
            You can read the ep summary for Fragile Balance right on Gateworld. Let's just say he likes to... tinker.

Comment

in the one episode (sorry cant remember the name) when SG-1 appeared before the asgard high council, wasnt one of them Odin? i dont think they ever mentioned him by name but someone once said that he was wearing a medalion or something that was Odins sign

Comment

Hmmm... What episode title was that? I want to watch it
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

i always assumed that was odin since he was the leader of the asgard, signified by that madalion.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    Hmmm... What episode title was that? I want to watch it
                    i think it might have been "Red Sky" when they were petitioning the coucil to bail them out for their mistake

Comment

he's too busy fufilling his obligations with the final fantasy franchise :-p
                      My flickr photography.

Comment

Odin left final fantasy.

I remeber that episode were they had the Asgaard high council it was red sky , There was a Asgaard waring this gold medalion around his neck and he was the head of the council possibly odin.
                        Last edited by Bast; 10 May 2004, 03:56 PM.
                        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Yeah, did anyone even check if that symbol on the necklace was Odin's? He was in Red Sky and Fail Safe.

Comment

The Asgaards pretended to be the Norse gods, So far they have shown Thor and Freyer,But wouldnt it be neat to see Thors dad Odin? King of the Norse gods if he was a Asgaard he might be their leader or Highlord.

Another interesting possibility is Loki the god of flame and trickery, The Norse mythologies version of the devil. Why not have a Bad Guy Asgaard Loki?

I also think it would be cool to have Odin. Loki did appear in Season seven episode, although I would hardly call him evil. I heard somewhere in that episode, it was originally supposed to be Odin and he would have been half Asgard and half human. Would have been interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                              i think it might have been "Red Sky" when they were petitioning the coucil to bail them out for their mistake
                              Isn't that the one where Daniel was reporting to Hammond about Jack's conversation with the High Council, and he said something like, "The conversation didn't go so well and that's when Jack said something about Freyer's mother..."

heheheh... you got to LOVE O'Neil!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X