Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British tv programmes shown overseas : your opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British tv programmes shown overseas : your opinions ?

Like some of your TV shows that we get lol

What's this crap called Ladette to Lady. It's the worst TV show I have ever seeen. Who thought this would make good TV?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Like some of your TV shows that we get lol

What's this crap called Ladette to Lady. It's the worst TV show I have ever seeen. Who thought this would make good TV?
    Strictly Come Dancing
    Dancing On Ice
    Big Brother

But to name a few-Worst TV of all time

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
      Strictly Come Dancing
      Dancing On Ice
      Big Brother

But to name a few-Worst TV of all time

A lot, if not all, of the new British TV is rubbish

Comment

Can't agree with you more-I even tossed my freeview box as the Internet was wayyyyy better I have not properly watched TV for years now-OK the occasional program but thats all

Comment

Yeah we have a lot of crap. Most of the good ones died out in the 90's. Maybe it was for the best. The modern industry can't seem to capture the same type of magical entertainment of old such as Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and so on.

Good UK shows;

- Doctor Who
          - Harry Hill's TV Burp

Don't blame me though, I stick to the net.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Red Dwarf is coming back for a special 2 parter this year

Comment

Skins
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                Skins
                Skins is good. But I never followed it much and lost track of what was going on.... but what I did see was good.

What was the aftermath of that student who was having it off with his teacher? Did it end messily, as in bad?

And trying to find the scene where that teacher and a girl changed into netball geaar because the student had vomited all over herself and the teacher....

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Skins is good. But I never followed it much and lost track of what was going on.... but what I did see was good.

What was the aftermath of that student who was having it off with his teacher? Did it end messily, as in bad?

And trying to find the scene where that teacher and a girl changed into netball geaar because the student had vomited all over herself and the teacher....
                  I'm sorry you missed interpreted my completely ambiguous quote (sorry). I hate Skins
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Skins = As bad as teenage SG-1 from "200"

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                      I'm sorry you missed interpreted my completely ambiguous quote (sorry). I hate Skins

Sorry for misinterpreting

Just from the episodes I saw the acting seemed a bit above the usual soap opera feel. But yeah mostlly an angsty show.

Comment

There's a long history of the worst of UK TV being exported. Like Benny Hill. Long after ITV had stopped showing Benny Hill, it was still being made: UK stations didn't show it but it sold like hot cakes to certain overseas markets.

Who's to blame for British rubbish being on Aussie TV? The people who spent their ££ on it, or the ones who spent AUS$$ on it?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                          Red Dwarf is coming back for a special 2 parter this year
                          I am aware. But series 7 and 8 weren't spectacular. My hopes aren't high for the new Dwarf, but meh, I'll watch it anyway.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            Yeah we have a lot of crap. Most of the good ones died out in the 90's. Maybe it was for the best. The modern industry can't seem to capture the same type of magical entertainment of old such as Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and so on.

Good UK shows;

- Doctor Who
                            - Harry Hill's TV Burp

Don't blame me though, I stick to the net.
                            Woo! TV Burp! *Greens*

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaap View Post
                              Woo! TV Burp! *Greens*
                              Harry Hill used to go to my old school
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X