This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're filming on my street today

Just thought some of you would like to know. I snagged a couple of pics. I didn't want to get too close because me annoying them costs them money, but anyway, a few pictures and info here: http://www.stillnoname.com/posts/776

kinda kewl

Comment

That's awesome. I wish they were on my street.

The guy in the middle of the second pic, w/sunglasses, looks kinda like Justin Louis.

Comment

find out who the women are! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by SNNEnder View Post
          Just thought some of you would like to know. I snagged a couple of pics. I didn't want to get too close because me annoying them costs them money, but anyway, a few pictures and info here: http://www.stillnoname.com/posts/776

Great pictures there.

In the second picture right in the middle wearing the sunglasses is Justin Louis (nice haircut, shorter from 1-800-Missing, though today's episode it was shorter than normal)!!

In the last, it could be Brian. Not sure!!!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
            find out who the women are! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, there weren't any women I could see on set. I might try to jog by again later, but I'm not likely to have my camera on me.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
              Great pictures there.

In the second picture right in the middle wearing the sunglasses is Justin Louis (nice haircut, shorter from 1-800-Missing, though today's episode it was shorter than normal)!!

In the last, it could be Brian. Not sure!!!!
              Brian's character is a Lieutenant, though. This person in the last photo looks like a Major or Lt. Colonel (the leaves). It could be the character Major Peterson.

Comment

Go see who the women are!!!

The third picture is of a Major, notice the Oak Leaves on his shoulders. Just like Major Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayP View Post
                  Brian's character is a Lieutenant, though. This person in the last photo looks like a Major or Lt. Colonel (the leaves). It could be the character Major Peterson.
                  When has the costume department been consistent with the uniforms with showing the correct rank

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    When has the costume department been consistent with the uniforms
                    Aside from the first two season of SG-1, they have been very accurate. The Stargate series has military liasons that advise the production, in such matters as uniforms, ranks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                      Aside from the first two season of SG-1, they have been very accurate. The Stargate series has military liasons that advise the production, in such matters as uniforms, ranks, etc.
                      Not entirely as there were still issues in Atlantis when Jack came to visit etc people wondering what he was due to his patches & stars & I do remember some Carter issues as well. So there was still a problem with Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                        Not entirely as there were still issues in Atlantis when Jack came to visit etc people wondering what he was due to his patches & stars & I do remember some Carter issues as well. So there was still a problem with Atlantis
                        Just because people were wondering doesn't mean they (the Stargate team) had it wrong.
                        BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Ok, the guy in military dress is definitely not the Lieutenant. He looks familiar (like SG-1 familiar) but I can't place him. Likely a bit part.

As far as the women go, there were only two obviously non-crew women I could see on set. Both of them were bleached-blonde, and one was in her late twenties, one mid twenties. I couldn't place either of them either. Sorry, no pictures. I don't think the younger one was actually cast. Likely a girlfriend.

That said, there was an asian girl there who I couldn't tell whether she was cast or crew.

In short, looking back through the women thread, it might actually fit Sackhoff and Park. There's a resemblance there, but I can't confirm or deny it. Best I can say is that there were people on set who look like them. The one blonde lady looked kind of like Jeri Ryan, but not quite, which is why I say she might fit Sackhoff. But I don't watch a lot of TV.

Again, sorry. No pictures.

Sidenote, they were calling for Michael on the set as I was passing by, so Shanks is a fair bet for the guest star.
                          Last edited by SNNEnder; 20 February 2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

so how long until this thread gets shut down by the tptb?anyone want to place some bets???...no?alright well that guy in the 2nd pic is definately justin louis and that third pic aint brian smith

Comment

Wow, awesome information! Awesome too that you live so close to production, though my guess is that you're used to it being in Vancouver.
                              Around The Universe

Comment

Working...
                              X