This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Carlyle is a "Guest Star"

today, Joseph Mallozzi referred to Robert Carlyle in his blog as a guest star.

All indications are things are going swimmingly on set. Brad and Rob are very happy with what they saw today and I look forward to checking out the first batch of dailies tomorrow. Special Features Producer Ivon Bartok had a conversation with Robert Carlyle and can’t say enough good things about the man. After lunch, I swung by the trailers to say hello to our guest star. We ended up chatting away until we got the call from set. Just like old times. It made me kind of nostalgic.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...of-production/

could this mean that hes not going to be a regular?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post

How did you draw that conclusion? JM is talking about an interview and that JM also visitied a guest star's trailer. Two separate event that lead to no reason to say Carlyle is a guest star
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think the guest star might be MS because he says at the end "Just like old times. It made me kind of nostalgic." MS is supposed to be a guest star in the first episode, is he not?

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy55220 View Post
        I think the guest star might be MS because he says at the end "Just like old times. It made me kind of nostalgic." MS is supposed to be a guest star in the first episode, is he not?
        Yeah, chatting up Carlyle wouldn't be "nostalgic" since they have no memories together.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

But i've had my doubts about this for a while, I think Carlyle might be a 1 season guest to sort of get the show going.

Comment

I actually see what you're saying Duneknight, but I'm pretty sure it's just a poorly worded paragraph. When he was speaking, it probably made perfect sense but once it was transcribed it got confusing.

Comment

I was worried then for a second.

Comment

Oh, Joe likes to torment fans....

Special Features Producer Ivon Bartok had a conversation with Robert Carlyle and can’t say enough good things about the man. After lunch, I swung by the trailers to say hello to our guest star. We ended up chatting away until we got the call from set. Just like old times. It made me kind of nostalgic.

What he should have done was put in a carriage return, er, enter, start a new paragraph, wtih the "after lunch" line. Because he said chatting with the guest star was like old times, means, at least in my book, this person has been on SG before.

Comment

I was thinking it was either MS or RDA. Since there are rumors that both might be in the SGU pilot episode.
                  sigpic
                  Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by frostwolf View Post
                    I was thinking it was either MS or RDA. Since there are rumors that both might be in the SGU pilot episode.
                    Since when?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

He's definitely referring to someone other than Carlyle.
                      Around The Universe

Comment

Originally posted by SGSteve View Post
                        He's definitely referring to someone other than Carlyle.
                        I Agree, hopefully that guest star is MS .
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...of-production/

isn't he supposed to be the lead or something?

Comment

Originally posted by coolguy55220 View Post
                            But i've had my doubts about this for a while, I think Carlyle might be a 1 season guest to sort of get the show going.
                            If you read the interview with Brian J. Smith, he said Carlyle attended one of his auditions with the producers. To me that makes it sound like Carlyle might have had some say in the casting and is more invested in this show than just being a guest or recurring character.
                            sigpic
                            FOX Network

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                              If you read the interview with Brian J. Smith, he said Carlyle attended one of his auditions with the producers. To me that makes it sound like Carlyle might have had some say in the casting and is more invested in this show than just being a guest or recurring character.
                              Thats good 2 hear.. thx for the info...
                              Although i am not that familiar with Carlyle, i've heard good things about him from all you guys... Anything that helps SGU succeed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X