This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304 in SGUs

I apologize if there is another thread on this but I couldn't find anything on in the search function.

Does anyone know what, if any, role a 304 will have in SGU?

It depends on how far out the destiny is.
    Remember that the only practical way for the odyssey to get to the ori galaxy was by the supergate and the destiny might be even further out. A 304 might not even be capable of catching up with the destiny after many years.

Comment

i doubt they will have a 304 in sgu but if they do it will be a couple seasons in and will probably involve the wormhole drive
      Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
        i doubt they will have a 304 in sgu but if they do it will be a couple seasons in and will probably involve the wormhole drive
        i agree on that.. but with some modifaction a 304 with a few zpm...

Comment

they might bring in another class ship

Comment

You know, I cannot help but mention that we've never actually seen a wormhole drive used for intergalactic travel. I'm not say that it isn't possible, but it might greatly exceed our current power generation abilities, even if we were using one or more ZPMs.

Originally posted by LegendoftheAsgards View Post
            i agree on that.. but with some modifaction a 304 with a few zpm...
            ...the Destiny would still be too far away. Even by my most conservative calculations, the Destiny would still be over 200 times as far away as Pegasus.
            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I'm going to say no. The Destiny has been following up the seeder ship for millions of years. I doubt that a 304 will ever be able to catch up with it.

Comment

Oh god no! Please no!
                I doubt we will see that again (not that we really saw it the first time).
                It was just the TV equivilent of duct-tape (the ultimate quick-fix).

Comment

There is SUPPOSED to be a 304 in the pilot, Air.
                  It is in orbit around the planet when the Icarus Base is attacked.

It will probably be The Odyssey/Deadalus/Apollo, but it would be nice to see a new ship such as The Hammond or even The Sun Tzu.

It is also possible that we get to see an Earth ship in episodes revolving around the use of the ancient stones (but I hope there isnt as using the stones all the time would just mean that the crew of the Destiny are not really 'lost', as they are still in contact with Earth.)

I hope they also do a one-off episode focusing on Earth's attempt to reach the Destiny, and it's new inhabitants. This episode could involve the 304s been upgraded with more powerful tech... (engines), or even introducing a 305
                  to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                    I hope they also do a one-off episode focusing on Earth's attempt to reach the Destiny, and it's new inhabitants. This episode could involve the 304s been upgraded with more powerful tech... (engines), or even introducing a 305
                    to the series.
                    Now that i wouldn't mind seeing. But i hope they call it something more original than a 305.

Comment

ive noticed they sort have to introduce the 305 in this series because sg1 introduced the 303 and atlantis introduced the 304, it would be funny if the 305 was in this series
                      Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by Adam50ae View Post
                        Now that i wouldn't mind seeing. But i hope they call it something more original than a 305.
                        No chance of a name more exciting than 305, Stargate is too real world to use cool names.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                          No chance of a name more exciting than 305, Stargate is too real world to use cool names.
                          No i just mean something like X-401 or DSC-401 or something. The whole 30(#) is starting to get a bit old.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMann101 View Post
                            There is SUPPOSED to be a 304 in the pilot, Air.
                            It is in orbit around the planet when the Icarus Base is attacked.

It will probably be The Odyssey/Deadalus/Apollo, but it would be nice to see a new ship such as The Hammond or even The Sun Tzu.

It is also possible that we get to see an Earth ship in episodes revolving around the use of the ancient stones (but I hope there isnt as using the stones all the time would just mean that the crew of the Destiny are not really 'lost', as they are still in contact with Earth.)

to the series.
                            There has been speculation that the "secret mission" the Odyssey was on during the Atlantis finale was basically the Universe pilot, which would be the best way to link the serieses in my opinion. I hadn't considered the use of Ancient stones for communicating, that actually works in a theory I have. Basically, I figure that either right away or sometime down the line the "crew" find a way home but choose not to use because someone like Rush or (another civilian) are under pressure from the IOA (or something similar) and they choose not to go home to escape said pressure, but they always have that contingency in an emergency.
                            Last edited by Colonel Forte; 19 February 2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63206
                              Check out this one.
                              Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                              Jack: "What?"
                              Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                              Jack: "What?"
                              Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                              Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                              - - - - -
                              Knight Rider S01E11
                              KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                              - - - - -
                              Eureka S03E12
                              Bismarck: This is madness.
                              Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Working...
                              X