X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Time" (108) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog, February 17th, 2009

Air #1, #2, and #3 are prepped and ready. Water awaits a polish. Brad reports he should have a first draft of Fire sometime next week. Martin awaits word on Earth while elements of Time accumulate and coalesce in Rob’s mind.
    Take that, PG.
    sigpic

First Jumper_One and now Pandora. You are losing your power PG15

I hope its not another time travel story. I have had enough of those lately
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Writer: Rob Cooper
      Director: Rob Cooper

---

Finally, after all this TIME we have a new episode title!

Air #1, #2, and #3 are prepped and ready. Water awaits a polish. Brad reports he should have a first draft of Fire sometime next week. Martin awaits word on Earth while elements of Time accumulate and coalesce in Rob’s mind.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...or-production/

Some past hints:

PG-15 writes: “1. Who is writing episode 6?
      2. Who is writing episode 7?
      3. Who is writing episode 8?
      4. Who is writing episode 9?
      5. Has the director schedule for Universe been lined-up yet?”

Answers: 1. 6 = Martin Gero. 2. 7 = Robert Cooper. 3. 8 = Alan McCullough. 4. 9 = ? 5. Nope.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ontreal-bound/

Well, back in the office today where we spun what will be episode #7. It made sense for it to follow the events of Earth, so we moved it up and shifted the other episodes. For those of you worried, fear not. The mid-season two-parter will still fall in the mid-season two-parter slot.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-to-vancouver/

Rob has had his hands full, dealing with prep issues, but, in the interim, has been spinning episode #7 in his head. This one promises to be a lot of WTF?! fun.
      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...aid-or-unsaid/
      Last edited by PG15; 05 April 2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

First Jumper_One and now Pandora. You are losing your power PG15

I hope its not another time travel story. I have had enough of those lately
        Or it could be an episode of flashbacks wherein we learn more about the ship, why it was created and so forth.

:: shrug ::

Or flashbacks to flesh out the main cast.

Who knows.
        sigpic

Comment

I wonder what the chances are of an episode called Space...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I wonder what the chances are of an episode called Space...
            I'm still waiting for Ether to be announced at one point or another.

Although I'm starting to think that the single word title naming system could get old very fast.
            sigpic

Comment

im think it has to do with the time limit of missions since the ship will inevitably leave people behind....maybe this is the first time they learn that or the team gets abducted and only has to get back before they leave...
              and i dont care wat they name the episodes as long as they are good

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

Take that, PG.
                Dammit PB, what did I ever do to you?!

*Plots revenge; oh yes, I will has it*

A "race against the clock" episode is definitely possible. I just hope it isn't like 38 Minutes that, once you know how they get out of it, it loses its appeal (sorry Whumpers!). I still love time travel so out of all the possibilities I can think of, I'd vote for that.

Or a flashback. A story told in the past about how the ship came to be would be AWESOME, especially if it lets us see the Ancients "at the height of their civilization".

The key here is that it would "make sense" after an episode called "Earth", and be full of WTF fun. Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Dammit PB, what did I ever do to you?!

*Plots revenge; oh yes, I will has it*

For a price PG15 I'll tell you her weakness.

And yes I overreacted, a little with time travel stories. I don't mind time travel stories but they have been done so much lately. I won't race against clock story I generally like those. Maybe something like they x amount minutes until they will unable to dial the Destinty and Gate is severly broken or the team is captured with Villagers A. The possibilities are endless
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    For a price PG15 I'll tell you her weakness.
                    Ok, but only if I get to set the price.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Ok, but only if I get to set the price.
                      I see nothing wrong with a little haggling.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

im not sure whats up with the short one word titles, but i hope they do this series right

most of us on here, including me, have all just hoped that Universe wouldnt mess up the stargate franchise.....but what if it lasts 12 or 13 years and becomes the greatest sci fi series ever?
                        THE HAM HAS SPOKEN

Comment

So next episode title will be.... Shadow? or maybe Gravity... or perhaps Holy

(going off FF elements here)

of course we haven't had Ice yet
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Ice might work on the arc established in Water
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by THE HAM View Post
                              im not sure whats up with the short one word titles, but i hope they do this series right

most of us on here, including me, have all just hoped that Universe wouldnt mess up the stargate franchise.....but what if it lasts 12 or 13 years and becomes the greatest sci fi series ever?
                              Hmm... Well, I doubt anyone expected Stargate SG-1 to do as well as it did... Anythings possible

I'd be happy with an enjoyable series worthy of replacing Stargate and BSG now that they're both gone (or will be soon), because otherwise there'd be a really big sci-fi shaped hole for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X