Next Generation Soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Generation Soldier

over the years, earth has aquired a lot of advanced technology that has enormous potential and among that enormous amount of tech that we've collected is the technology to make the next generation soldier and completely overhaul the gear we send our SG teams into battle with. personally i think this is something long past due.

now one piece of technology that strikes me as the first part of the NGS( Next Generation Soilder) is that amazing armour worn by anubis's supersoilders. now if we aquired a sample, which would be really easy, all we would have to do is run it through the asgard core and have it analyzed and then synthesize enough to equip all of our SG teams with it and they would be nearly invincible.

the next part in making the NGS is the right weapon. now i know we all like P90s and big machine guns and frankly i like them myself but i think energy weapons are the way to go. i mean they have unlimited ammo and can be as destructive if not more than regular "prejectile weapons". now the first weapon that springs to mind is ronans awsome gun. now if we can borrow that and run some scans of it in the Asgard core we should be able to mass produce them and equip all of our soilders with them and that would give them a serious edge.

another componet to the NGS would be stealth, now for that i cant think of anything better than a personal cloaking device that working in conjunction with our armour, would give us a serious edge. i mean imagine going through the gate and encountering unfriendly jaffa hiding in the tree line, we switch on our cloaks and they fire blindly and rarely hit us and when they do were protected and we just keep fireing away and get them all.

i mean we have the tech to seriously overhaul our soldiers and make them a fighting force yet we havent done anything to improve them and i think thats a mistake.

what would your NGS soldier be?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

A Kull/Asgard Battle armour cross. The durability of Kull armour, the toys of Asgard.
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

I agree. A good mix between kull-warrior armor, asgard exoskeleton and other intrestning SG tech. But I must say that asgard battlearmor isn't the most agile one, neither is the kull warrior armor. Maybe something involving advanced ElectroActive Polymers could be used.

Comment

but then there would be no suspense in episodes, they would just walk through that gate, own everyone, then that would be the end of it. unless the enemy had the anti-drone technology carter devoloped but even then we win enough battles without the fancy armour and it wouldn't be much of a set back. so yes it would be cool but then there would be no practical uses for it as a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
          but then there would be no suspense in episodes, they would just walk through that gate, own everyone, then that would be the end of it. unless the enemy had the anti-drone technology carter devoloped but even then we win enough battles without the fancy armour and it wouldn't be much of a set back. so yes it would be cool but then there would be no practical uses for it as a show.
          actually, the anti drone weapon only works on the supersoilders because it undo's the energy that gave them life to begin with, it woud have no effect on any human or jaffa wearing the suit.

and i know they cant make our soldiers really powerfull but they should at least be doing something to show that their working on creating the next generation soilder because they would be very valuable weapons and frankly, if you could make an invincible soldier realisticly they would be doing it instead of ignoring key technology that could do just that. and now that the series is over they can really show some development in tech since they dont have to worry about long term, episode to episode impact of making our guys even stronger.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Well first off my NGS would use a rifle along the lines of the FS2000. It would use a new type or armor being developed no that is a light liquid like stuf but when impacted very hard becomes extremly hard and dense and absorbs the hit from a bullet, and some kind of plate that would protect from a staff blast or what ever. The soldier would have an optical sight over his eye that would give him uptodate weather, troop movments, location of air forces etc etc and an advanced battlefield information syset that would send info such as enemy tropp position and targeting coordinates for Air strikes or Artillery strikes or a planned assult.

And all of this may be possible (minus the staff blast thing) in the next 15-20 years.
            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              Well first off my NGS would use a rifle along the lines of the FS2000. It would use a new type or armor being developed no that is a light liquid like stuf but when impacted very hard becomes extremly hard and dense and absorbs the hit from a bullet, and some kind of plate that would protect from a staff blast or what ever. The soldier would have an optical sight over his eye that would give him uptodate weather, troop movments, location of air forces etc etc and an advanced battlefield information syset that would send info such as enemy tropp position and targeting coordinates for Air strikes or Artillery strikes or a planned assult.

And all of this may be possible (minus the staff blast thing) in the next 15-20 years.
              i remember seeing something like that on the discovery channel. its like some sort of reactive magnetic metal that will be really loose untill impacted with a bulet then get very stiff and stops it.

although, it were talking about offworld soldiers, that wouldnt be very effective because most of our major enemys use energy weapons, which would proboly go right through this stuff.

and actually we already have a plate that protects from staff blasts, its like an insert that fits into a standard issue SG vest. it heavily featured in "heroes" i think part 1. you see siler get shot in the lab with a staff weapon wearing the new insert.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                i remember seeing something like that on the discovery channel. its like some sort of reactive magnetic metal that will be really loose untill impacted with a bulet then get very stiff and stops it.

although, it were talking about offworld soldiers, that wouldnt be very effective because most of our major enemys use energy weapons, which would proboly go right through this stuff.

and actually we already have a plate that protects from staff blasts, its like an insert that fits into a standard issue SG vest. it heavily featured in "heroes" i think part 1. you see siler get shot in the lab with a staff weapon wearing the new insert.
                Thats actully what i ment. should have been more specific. Actully the stuff i was thinking about looks like a Vacumed cielded bag of mud. but i have heard of that magnetic goup they are developing. And i ould use both actully. I mean we have encountered plenty of people how use guns...our guns...for some reason or another.
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

It would use a new type or armor being developed no that is a light liquid like stuf but when impacted very hard becomes extremly hard and dense and absorbs the hit from a bullet
                  That's custard, you want people to go around wearing custard? Also, a non-Newtonian liquid (actual name) will just flow off the person unless they keep hitting it.

The soldier would have an optical sight over his eye that would give him uptodate weather, troop movments, location of air forces etc etc and an advanced battlefield information syset that would send info such as enemy tropp position and targeting coordinates for Air strikes or Artillery strikes or a planned assult.

The Americans were working on this, it was called Land Warrior and they spend a hell of a lot on it for 7 years. They canceled the program in 2008, they said it was too expensive and there was no point. The USA is fighting urban gorilla combat, Land Warrior is cumbersome for this situation. It's best used against a large and modernised military in a non-nuclear conflict and those are unlikely at the moment. Incidentally the technology was featured in the book World War Z which details a zombie crisis, the technology was bulky and allowed everyone to see everyone else killed, it caused mass panic between the troops. Maybe the USA canceled it because they're expecting to fight zombies soon.

Comment

build an exoskeleton with asgard personal shield, personal cloak, auto dialler, advanced asgard alloys, asgard sensors, asgard sensor jamming, asgard communication, asgard holograms, asgard HUD, and whatever not

Comment

Uh, no. Kull exoskeleton is much better as it is impenatrable whereas one of the Asgard was defeated.
                      Originally posted by Craig Charles
                      "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

yeah, but the asgard one has more gagets. maybe a asgard exoskeleton, with kull warrior "skin".
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by IMDB
                        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                        Hehe

Comment

Uh, no. Kull exoskeleton is much better as it is impenatrable whereas one of the Asgard was defeated.

Comment

mh...sheese, that is easy:

combine Asgard, Goa'uld, Ancient, Tolan (phasing device), Traveler and a bit of Wraith tech.

-> meaning: Build a semi-organic (like wraith ship hulls) armor, with the energy deflection off the kull warriors, with the addition to switch to a direct shield (asgard or ancient - like the green one seen in SGA), let it have an exoskeleton (to make us move faster then normal and be stronger while wearing it, give it a cloak, let it have active and passive sensors that even let you feel things you touch (either via neural interface or otherwise), thermo sights, zoom and all that, integrate a ribbon device (shockwave generator, torturing device) into the gloves (and add something like an energyweapon (like ronons gun, just directly inside the glove)), let if have nanites (to auto-repair), an intern medical diagnosis unit (that can heal/stabilize you if something manages to get through), and for good measure add an AI (to control the many functions) and an AG-Drivesystem *laughs evily*

yes that would give us an edge (kulls and others would run to their momies if we were after them

if you say that sounds like overkill, read Perry Rhodan (german scifi epos, the largest scifi series ever (it's in written form and is produced since the 1950's )) - all the real combatting factions that have played a role their had something like that (sometimes a bit simpler, but mostly like i described)

greetings LAX
                            ps: It's a shame we wont see that sometime soon (in the Author's mind this would make us to powerfull i guess....it is always right if your enemy has something like that, for example Kul-Armor...if anubis had filled it with "normal" people it would have been almost unbeatable, because the weapon we developed killed only the being inside the suit that had been brought to live with an ancient healing device))

Comment

umm. if it has an AI, why not leave the person out?

Comment

Working...
                              X