Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Writers What's in your Cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Writers What's in your Cookies?

Even though I haven't finished seeing it all, and I am two thirds way through season 3, I want to know what type of cookies the writers for this show eat? Two episodes for special mention in season 3, "Scratch 'N' Sniff" and "Revenging Angel", absolute mayham, laughter and outright insanity. I think these 2 episodes are absolute masterpieces when it comes to having fun in SciFi. The writers for this show are truly amazing. I still have nearly 30 episodes to go so I can't wait to see what more they can do.

Is it a vast supply of chocalete chip cookies and milk that does the trick?

Revenging Angel was originally supposed to be a musical episode but then they got wind of Joss doing that type of episode for Buffy and went with this idea (something they're actually happier with considering all of them are fans of those cartoons).

Scratch and Sniff was actually a straight serious episode but when they watched the final product they felt something was off so the director did some pick up shots (Crichton and Pilot scenes) and mixed up the scenes to look like a drunk Crichton telling the story and everyone was much happier with it.

(I think there's more detail to these stories in the Farscape Facts on the DVD extras.)

...and For Real I want the writers to share the good stuff with the rest of the world because we need more awesome crack like this.
    My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
    A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby View Post
      Revenging Angel was originally supposed to be a musical episode but then they got wind of Joss doing that type of episode for Buffy and went with this idea (something they're actually happier with considering all of them are fans of those cartoons).

Scratch and Sniff was actually a straight serious episode but when they watched the final product they felt something was off so the director did some pick up shots (Crichton and Pilot scenes) and mixed up the scenes to look like a drunk Crichton telling the story and everyone was much happier with it.

(I think there's more detail to these stories in the Farscape Facts on the DVD extras.)

...and For Real I want the writers to share the good stuff with the rest of the world because we need more awesome crack like this.
      I enjoy both of those episodes immensely. Such great stuff. The Farscape team definitely worked a lot of magic on this show. Something seriously lacking in a lot of ways on TV today.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There was crack in them cookies. I'm tellin' you.

lest anyone actually believe me. I do not believe or know if that is true. Nor do I believe that any of the writers actually did drugs.

The fact of the matter is that most if not all the writers on FS were phenomenally talented geniuses and that makes them all a bit insane, imho.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          There was crack in them cookies. I'm tellin' you.

lest anyone actually believe me. I do not believe or know if that is true. Nor do I believe that any of the writers actually did drugs.

The fact of the matter is that most if not all the writers on FS were phenomenally talented geniuses and that makes them all a bit insane, imho.
          I would take their kind of insanity any day of the week.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I would take their kind of insanity any day of the week.
            No objections from me.
            sigpic

Comment

No objections from me.
              I didn't really think there would be.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I dunno, but ever since I got the comics scripting gig, I keep getting these boxes from the Jim Henson Company marked "perishable".......................
                Keith R.A. DeCandido
                [email protected]
                www.decandido.net
                decandido.wordpress.com
                Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Originally posted by krad View Post
                  I dunno, but ever since I got the comics scripting gig, I keep getting these boxes from the Jim Henson Company marked "perishable".......................
                  lol.

I really enjoyed your first five pages to the first issue of Strange Detractors. Those were nice and hearkened back to some of the wackiness of Farscape.

And welcome to the board. Nice to see you found us Farscape fans here on GateWorld.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

But I thought crackers don't matter?
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well, whatever you are doing, please keep doing it. I have really enjoyed what you have done with Farscape so far. I look forward to much more in the future.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Well, whatever you are doing, please keep doing it. I have really enjoyed what you have done with Farscape so far. I look forward to much more in the future.
                        Krad's FS novel is the ONLY one of the 3 or 4 that were done that is any good. He has the characters and the FS 'verse down. It probably has nothing to do with him being a fan of the show though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Krad's FS novel is the ONLY one of the 3 or 4 that were done that is any good. He has the characters and the FS 'verse down. It probably has nothing to do with him being a fan of the show though.
                          Yeah, you're right. Probably has nothing to do with it at all.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                          X