302 Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

302 Stealth

I don't reacall it ever beeng mentioned if 302s were designed with radar stealth in mind, does anyone know?

Ethon-It was mentioned that a Caledonion missile could be modded with the stealth material from the 302

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
      Ethon-It was mentioned that a Caledonion missile could be modded with the stealth material from the 302
      I think they said something about it having state of the art Stealth Coating in the first episode with the 302. First episode of season 6 I believe.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

They use a radar jamming system

and that unit was fitted to a calodonian missle to make it almost invisible to (insert name here)'s radar
        sigpic

Comment

Hm... I don't think it was ever mentioned but I think the shapeof the 302 would give it radar stealth.
          SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
          LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
          READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
          Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

I thing they said something about a stealth tech on the 302 but I may be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Thermi View Post
              They use a radar jamming system

and that unit was fitted to a calodonian missle to make it almost invisible to (insert name here)'s radar
              Yeah, that was jamming, not the actual stealth coating or shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Yeah, that was jamming, not the actual stealth coating or shape.
                No, they actually said Stealth Technology, not Jamming.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

CHASKA: What about the anti-missile defences?

CARTER: We use that same 302's radar jamming technology to make your missile invisible to Rand.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    Wow, you got me on that one, I need a memory check.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

I read somewhere that the Art department or whatever based the 302 of the F-117A
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

The the Sensor Jamming tech that they used were exsisting tech just upgraded with some of the knowlage we gained from revese engeneering alien tech

I know this isn't mentioned in the eps or anythin, but its a logical explination

But one question i have is...
                        Why did the 302's have them??

I mean the ships they went up against always spotted them, and we never used them to attack anyone on earth (where the tech will be useful)

One guess would be... That when they were launching them from the ground to go dock with a 304 (Deadalus, Oddy, Apollo....) they used the sensor jamming to stop other countries from spotting them

I know i just answered my own question, i just want to know if anyone else has any other idea's?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X