PDA

View Full Version : So What Does Everyone Think So Far

Rodney dex
February 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
So What Does Everyone Think So Far With The Show ?

ShadowMaat
February 14th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I like it. I can sort of see why some people might have issues with it, but I'm willing to give it time to sort itself out. Hopefully FOX will agree with me. ;)

Rodney dex
February 14th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Well i hope Fox dont get rid of the show it deserves a fair trial,if people like it they do if they dont they dont,but like firefly i think it will be a great hit

Jeffala
February 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I liked it and plan to watch it again next week provided that I'm home.

I liked that Dushku's character was the heroine, but wasn't the bad-ass of the episode. She wasn't the fighter and I liked that.

mr_kennedy
February 15th, 2009, 05:41 AM
i was pleasantly suprised :)

i wasnt very hyped at all for this show, but it had everything, drama, abit of comedy, action, uniqueness

i will continue to watch it :)

Malviris
February 15th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I was alittle skeptic before i saw the show but once i did it struck me how complex this show is, its not just stamping a personality on the person over and over again they have to deal with the flaws of the small and big parts of the personality and that should make for some awesome suspense.

Care
February 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I thought it was ok for a pilot. Not amazing, but I liked it enough to continue watching for a while and see where it goes. Obviously they set up some threads for the rest of the season (or show) on who Echo was and why she signed the contract.

I really missed Joss's witty humour though. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Stephen S. DeKinght's name attached to the credits. I heard about Minear and Manners, but not DeKinght. Some of my favorite eps of Angel and Smallville were written by him.

Madwelshboy
February 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I thought it was ok for a pilot. Not amazing, but I liked it enough to continue watching for a while and see where it goes. Obviously they set up some threads for the rest of the season (or show) on who Echo was and why she signed the contract.

I really missed Joss's witty humour though. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Stephen S. DeKinght's name attached to the credits. I heard about Minear and Manners, but not DeKinght. Some of my favorite eps of Angel and Smallville were written by him.

Yeh I missed the Joss humour to. if you like DeKnight episode 2 is written and directed by him

knowles2
February 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM
It a boring episode, with boring plot.

The only good parts were the females in it

Will I watch the next episode, If I remember it on then perhaps I will.

Unfortuantly their nothing in there which instantly palls me in. No mystery, no nice action scens, no sex scenes and no interesting story.

Every series need something to grab their audience and their just nothing in here that does it for me.

Insipid
February 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I found that the show worked better - to me at least - when the story was focusing on Tahmoh Penikett's character trying to track down the Dollhouse. As for the lack of Whedonesque dialogue? I shed a tear or two on the inside.

LoneStar1836
February 16th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I found that the show worked better - to me at least - when the story was focusing on Tahmoh Penikett's character trying to track down the Dollhouse. As for the lack of Whedonesque dialogue? I shed a tear or two on the inside.Yeah I wasn't hearing it either. :( I hope to in the future though....

I think once the rouge doll story gets going as well as the FBI agent one, the story will get better. That first episode was rather bland, based on one viewing anyway.

aboleyn24
February 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I agree with most of the assesments here. It was missing the usual Whedon touch in the dialog. Perhaps that will come with time, but he might be trying something different as well. Time will tell.

As a huge Whedon fan I think my expectations might have been a little too high. I didn't love the first ep, but I didn't hate it either. I really want to see where it goes if its given time to grow.

My favorite moments were also when the FBI guy was on screen. I found his story the most interesting so far.

I still want to know how Echo's dress stayed down while she was dancing. That was just freaky.

Jeffala
February 17th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I still want to know how Echo's dress stayed down while she was dancing. That was just freaky.

Double-sided tape.

leiasky
February 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
It didn't feel like a series opener. It felt like the viewers were dropped right into the middle of a season and were scrambling to figure out what was going on.

I was pretty bored through most of it. There wasn't anything spectacular about Eliza's acting. No witty dialogue like I'm used to from Joss. The set was amazing. Love the 'house'.

I'll give it a chance to get its footing, but it better do so quick because FOX isn't a network that likes to give its shows a chance.

kangamoo
February 18th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I almost never like a show from the get go (Except maybe Stargate Atlantis) so I plan to watch it through at least 6 episodes. My boyfriend spent the entire episode being completely confused. What someone else said about "not feeling like a pilot, being dropped in the middle of a season" was completely how we felt. While I wasn't as confused as the dear boyfriend, it definitely felt like I should have known a little more.

We'll see how it fares are a few more episodes!

Crazy Tom
February 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I found it pretty clear, there aren't any serious plotlines going on, those are all just starting. It seems like it has depth through, more so than you can expect form a series pilot.

As to the witty dialogue, maybe this is just not that kind of show, I didn't see any oportunities for it wihtout ruining the ocverall feel of the episode.:S

retiredat44
February 21st, 2009, 07:47 AM
yeah,, giving it a few more weeks... but it just feels like this has all been done before.. it's a filler show... I guess it's better than 'Moonlight', the show that's currently on at the same time on Friday nights. but I will not miss it, it has not grabbed me yet.. I even DVR these shows, just in case I need to watch them more than one time. Each week she goes on these assignments.... they can't continue to try to outdo each previous show,, that never succeeds. And the back story about the organization trying to track down Dollhouse.... what if they find the operation... so they have crazed lost unguided 'rogue' agents that are running amuk, that backstory is suppose to keep this show alive?
:mckay:

ShadowMaat
February 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
Huh. Ya know, when I dislike something and want to discuss my dislikes, I usually manage to do it in multiple threads WITHOUT c/p'ing the same post. LOL! Whatever.

I still think this week's ep was an improvement over the pilot and I feel that the elements are starting to gel, but maybe aren't quite there yet. Unfortunately I also have a feeling that the awkward pilot is going to kill 'em in the long run and that the usual drop from Pilot to Ep 2 is going to be severe in this case, further hampering the show's chances.

It's a shame that with the increasingly short attention spans of the viewing public (and the networks) shows aren't really allowed to take time to build themselves and are expected to be all flash-bang right from the get-go.

poundpuppy29
February 21st, 2009, 11:27 AM
I am done I really didn't like the second episode and didn't really like the pilot either. I am disappointed with Joss I LOVED Firefly and I really don't like how women are in this show. I felt like I was in a bad slasher movie and I hate slasher movies.

Jeffala
February 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I liked the arrow through the neck.

I don't think that the reality of what the Dollhouse is matches what some people thought that it would be based on promotional materials for the show. The Dollhouse provides a very rich person with their ideal/desired companion/whatever for a few hours. One tweet that I saw about the show said, "Dollhouse = whorehouse? WTF?" Maybe the promos didn't make clear that this was a show about a high-tech whorehouse where the merchandise didn't remember anything afterwards.

Sure the Dolls can be used for other specialized tasks (hostage negotiation) but since you basically buy what you want, you can get them to do anything.

ShadowMaat
February 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Interesting point, though. It might make the show a little more interesting if they showed the dolls (or Echo) doing a variety of things instead of just sex. I know FOX is a horny network, but I don't think branching out would hurt things.

Hopefully we'll get some of that next week.

Jeffala
February 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
I agree. I'm bored with "Echo is a rich guy's date" followed by "Echo is a hostage negotiator" again followed by "Echo is a rich guy's date".

I'll keep watching because right now I find the internal workings of the Dollhouse, the interactions between its leaders and staff, and What's his Name's investigation interesting.

LoneStar1836
February 21st, 2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think that the reality of what the Dollhouse is matches what some people thought that it would be based on promotional materials for the show. The Dollhouse provides a very rich person with their ideal/desired companion/whatever for a few hours. One tweet that I saw about the show said, "Dollhouse = whorehouse? WTF?" Maybe the promos didn't make clear that this was a show about a high-tech whorehouse where the merchandise didn't remember anything afterwards.Hmm...well so far the show is mirroring the promotional material in that they are a prostitution house and it's all about the sex/sexy women. The promos weren't exactly geared towards women viewers. And I'm sure FOX is the big culprit behind that. :rolleyes:

Granted I liked last night's ep more than the pilot, but they still have some work to do. Enough with the hiring her out as a prostitute. Joss has banged that point home...pun possibly intended. I get it (about his female character being used..and in one of the worst ways possible) so let's more on, and I think he will. At least use her in some other way that will interest me....like in next week's ep.

I still have hope for the show.

Major_Griff
February 21st, 2009, 01:15 PM
I watched the first ep. I didn't really care for it. I considered giving it a few episodes to hit its stride before I stopped watching, but I wasn't really interested in the show in the first place and only watched cause I like Firefly, so I don't think I'll be watching this again.

Jeffala
February 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM
Hmm...well so far the show is mirroring the promotional material in that they are a prostitution house and it's all about the sex/sexy women. The promos weren't exactly geared towards women viewers. And I'm sure FOX is the big culprit behind that. :rolleyes:

Granted, but I didn't really know what to expect from it. When my TV's on, it's mainly just background noise. All I would hear was "Dollhouse". I heard the title, that it was a Joss Whedon project, and that it had Faith in it. I didn't research it any so I didn't know what it would be like. I really don't care if it's not chock full of pithy humor like Buffy or Firefly. I'll judge it on its own merits and if at the end of a few episodes I don't like it, I'll just stop tuning in--like I've done with so many other shows.

LoneStar1836
February 21st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Granted, but I didn't really know what to expect from it. When my TV's on, it's mainly just background noise. All I would hear was "Dollhouse". I heard the title, that it was a Joss Whedon project, and that it had Faith in it. I didn't research it any so I didn't know what it would be like. I really don't care if it's not chock full of pithy humor like Buffy or Firefly. I'll judge it on its own merits and if at the end of a few episodes I don't like it, I'll just stop tuning in--like I've done with so many other shows.Lucky you.:P I didn't like the promos from the get go and the only reason I ever decided to give the show a go was because Joss Whedon's name was attached to it.

Loved his other three shows so I was watching based on that past history like I think FOX was counting on. Their little sexy promos were to draw in a different target audience. Otherwise going by promos alone (with no name recognition), I more than likely would have never watched.

Didn't come into this thinking that it would be as good as his other shows so I wasn't expecting the world, but I do think it could be better and is working towards getting better. If this weren't Joss's show, I more than likely would have ditched it after that pilot episode.

SBN
February 21st, 2009, 02:48 PM
Well, I got to say that I sure hope they have something hidden up their sleeve to unleash on us in the coming episodes, because last night's episode did very little to impress. While we (people I had over at my house) did not think the episode was bad, maybe worse we did not think the show was that compelling to watch in the first place.

It's too bad that since the Shield is over they did not get Shawn Ryan to produce this show, then it would probably be a must see, for me at least. I'll watch when it is on, but at this point I just do not find this show interesting enough that I will care if I miss an episode, or two. At the moment what I have seen is a show I could hardly care at this point if it gets canceled. I don't want it to be, in fact I would like to see this show succeed. I would like to have this show be something worthwhile to watch. Maybe it will catch on eventually. Last season's Sons of Anarchy I did not care for when it first aired. But very strangely I got hooked enough to the point I enjoyed watching the rest of the season. I hope this show can maybe provide the same, and can last long enough to hook people in.

One thing that did annoy me in terms of logic. Is there a point to Amy Acker's character's scars? Are they left there so that she can be a "damaged" character? If so, then they should explain a plausible and logical reason why should would not go to a plastic surgeon to have them fixed?

Easter Lily
February 21st, 2009, 10:37 PM
Perhaps I've kept my expectations low for this one after seeing all the negativity that I'm actually quite intrigued by it. True, that it's not very science fictiony at this stage but I think there is enough mystery and moral implications to keep me going for a little while.
What I think this show needs but doesn't quite have yet... are compelling characters. No one really irritates me which is good but no one really grabs me either. Although Echo's handler comes close to what I call a sympathetic character. On the other hand, Fringe, in my humble opinion, was helped greatly by some inspired casting and better than average acting, despite some of the dodgy horror- of-the-week plots. But even those kind of makes sense in light of recent revelations.

;)

ShadowMaat
February 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Funny, by the end of the first ep I wanted nothing more than to bash Fringe lady's head in with a big rock. ;) Different tastes, blah blah blah.

Handler Guy is definitely the most sympathetic character so far, IMO. I think maybe as Echo begins to "remember" more she could become more sympathetic, but so far it's more identifying with her imprints than identifying with her. At least for me.

Easter Lily
February 22nd, 2009, 03:26 AM
Oh I'm not a fan of Olivia... but 14 episodes in, she's less irritating. It's Father and Son I like... enough to continue watching despite weaknesses in the show.
;)

I do like Dollhouse and I will continue watching because I have a strong feeling that the show will subvert certain popular narrative conventions that it appears to be using. Just a feeling I have. (Could also be wishful thinking on my part.)
The premise is good but as it stands, I find the characterization somewhat lacking and the show desperately needs to have an emotional core to have legs for the long-term. Perhaps that will start to evolve as the show progresses.

I guess dollies are bland creatures as a rule but I don't think Dollhouse needs to reflect real life in that regard. :P

prion
February 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
I've watched the first episodes, and quite frankly, have no desire to watch anymore. The premise is ... squicky. The second episode was appalling. Turning Echo into a sex toy for a maniac (and who did not see that plotline coming a mile away??) Although I suppose since most Whedon show have never interested me, it makes sense this one wouldn't, although his other shows didn't make feel like I should scrub my brain afterwards (yes, bad pun)

Sela
February 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Honestly, I hadn't heard a lot about it and the few commercials and sound bits didn't help until I heard 'Josh Weldon'. Knowing it was one of Josh's made me willing to give it a look/see. I missed the original airing of the pilot but caught it on Hulu. I found it to be interesting and decided to give it a chance. There were enough bits and pieces of backstory to let me know the backstory was deeper than was initially presented.

The second ep was pretty good as it gave us a bit more to hold onto. I'm thinking I'll keep on watching. After all, it's not like there is anything else in the way of Friday night sci-fi programming to watch on any other channel.

retiredat44
February 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Huh. Ya know, when I dislike something and want to discuss my dislikes, I usually manage to do it in multiple threads WITHOUT c/p'ing the same post. LOL! Whatever.

hope you enjoyed dressing me down... I just so happened to see this thread (after a previous post) and could not decide which thread my post belonged, in,, stupid me thought this forum was above jabbing others..

Guess I should have re-written my thoughts for you...
ok,, for you:
I loved the freaking show, it's totally awesome dude!
:ronan:

LoneStar1836
February 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Perhaps I've kept my expectations low for this one after seeing all the negativity that I'm actually quite intrigued by it. True, that it's not very science fictiony at this stage but I think there is enough mystery and moral implications to keep me going for a little while. So far that is why I am sticking with it as the "doll of the week" stories don't really interest me so far, but I don't think they are meant to be the focal point of the show anyway. Though I do hope that part of the show improves since I have to wade through that to see the parts of the story that interest me.

What I think this show needs but doesn't quite have yet... are compelling characters. No one really irritates me which is good but no one really grabs me either. Although Echo's handler comes close to what I call a sympathetic character. Agreed.

I think the problem right now is that Echo has no personality..one that's genuine anyway so you can only sympathize with her situation and not so much for her because right now her real self is an empty shell. Though I think her real personality will slowly emerge.

I think Topher kind of irritates me though. Something about his attitude, but he plays a major role in the show since he is the one that tinkers with the dolls.

Funny, by the end of the first ep I wanted nothing more than to bash Fringe lady's head in with a big rock. ;) Different tastes, blah blah blah.

Handler Guy is definitely the most sympathetic character so far, IMO. I think maybe as Echo begins to "remember" more she could become more sympathetic, but so far it's more identifying with her imprints than identifying with her. At least for me.lol! I didn't like her either (I think it's the acting I don't like) and I still find her annoying but I still watch Fringe.

But yeah the handler is probably the guy I like the most so far as there is some depth and emotion to him...especially after this second ep. He's the conflicted character.

I guess dollies are bland creatures as a rule but I don't think Dollhouse needs to reflect real life in that regard. :Plol. :D

pjt
February 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
So far I like it. Just can't get rid of the feeling that Joss's first choice wasn't Dushku but Summer Glau. But I can be wrong ;).

Madwelshboy
February 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM
So far I like it. Just can't get rid of the feeling that Joss's first choice wasn't Dushku but Summer Glau. But I can be wrong ;).

I doubt it, since Eliza went to Joss specifically to develop a show for her on which she could be the lead.

Mandysg1
February 25th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I've watched the first 2 episodes, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it :S I find it more like watching a car wreck (not the show is a wreck) something you can't stop looking at.

I can't say I enjoyed it, or hated it...it just doesn't really grab me as a must see. I think one of the problems is the 'empty headed' dolls, every week thier character will be different. I find the premise of what they do to these women (mostly women) appalling. It just doesn't sit right (I know it's not supposed to) it seems nothing more than human trafficking. I don't know whether it will be successful or not, but I won't be one of those people tuning in every week.

Angela V
February 25th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Also a female here who never saw the promos but watched the show because of Joss Whedon.

Honestly I forgot about the "sex" scenes until mentioned here! Guess that part just doesn't seem to stick in my mind for some reason. :samanime20:

It's the mystery of why there's a dollhouse and why these people wanted to become dolls or did they? that's got me watching.

Sela
February 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Also a female here who never saw the promos but watched the show because of Joss Whedon.

Honestly I forgot about the "sex" scenes until mentioned here! Guess that part just doesn't seem to stick in my mind for some reason. :samanime20:

It's the mystery of why there's a dollhouse and why these people wanted to become dolls or did they? that's got me watching.
I agree about the mystery of the dollhouse. That's the part I wonder about and keep watching to find out. We're getting hints that this wasn't exactly what was signed up for by the dolls themselves.

Sex scenes? I guess they weren't all that interesting because I don't remember them either - LOL!

DigiFluid
February 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I enjoyed 1.02 a lot more than 1.01. It still felt a bit disjointed and directionless, but it was a whole lot better than the pilot. Planted seeds that I imagine can be nurtured later.

Jeffala
February 27th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I liked tonight's episode better than the previous. I missed the first six minutes, but in the rest I didn't see Echo being an unknowing hooker. That's a plus.

retiredat44
February 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I had enough, from now on I will tape them, and maybe speed through a few.. I could not take anymore after the first 30 mins..
:(

BackStageJim
March 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Obviously, Echo is keeping some of her memory, as is Serra from the nod & glance at end of 103. I would like a back story episode when Echo ‘chooses’ to be a doll. Or perhaps another doll, which give us the ‘possible’ Echo reason for being there.

Otherwise, it feels like ‘Le Femme Nikita’

But viewing via HULU much better then watching on TV.

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Mmmm... Mushy mush. *drools*

Sorry, you were saying...? ;)

SBN
March 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I had enough, from now on I will tape them, and maybe speed through a few.. I could not take anymore after the first 30 mins..
:(

Agreed. At this point the only thing this show has going for it for me is that it is DVR'd, and I play it back Saturday morning while there is nothing to do (cold and snow) and nothing on (cartoons and golf). Yet even then I found myself skipping a lot of the last episode. I really am trying to give this show a chance, thinking it may catch on later, but at this point I just see no hope of it getting better. Which is all probably moot anyways as I have very little to no confidence this show will last. It obviously has not started out well, and unless some miracle it will continue to lose audience.

retiredat44
March 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I quit watching Dollhouse 2 weeks ago... I am free!! yeah baby, I am free and it feels great! :tealc:

aboleyn24
March 21st, 2009, 09:37 PM
I quit watching Dollhouse 2 weeks ago... I am free!! yeah baby, I am free and it feels great! :tealc:

So would it be wrong for me to tell you how good the show just got? Episode six was everything I was expecting and didn't get in ther previous episodes.

leiasky
March 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I got three episodes in and gave up. I have better things to do on my Friday nights.

pjt
March 22nd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Now, with episode six, the show got on a new level, it's getting really interesting.

Actually the first couple of episodes of any show can't be the indicator of how good or bad it will become. Like Emancipation, The Broca Divide and Brief Candle were to SG-1. Imagine yourself telling someone, what a great show SG-1 is, and showing them those three episodes.

ShadowMaat
March 22nd, 2009, 04:30 AM
So would it be wrong for me to tell you how good the show just got? Episode six was everything I was expecting and didn't get in ther previous episodes.

Wrong? No, but it's undoubtedly pointless. There are a couple of people who enjoy coming here and letting us know how much they loathe Dollhouse and how it's utter crap and shouldn't be on and Joss is overrated and oh, BTW, it's crap. *shrug*

Telling folks how great something is won't change their minds any more than their saying it's crap will change ours, but it's a free world so folks can say whatever they want no matter how pointless it is. ;)

leiasky
March 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Actually the first couple of episodes of any show can't be the indicator of how good or bad it will become. Like Emancipation, The Broca Divide and Brief Candle were to SG-1. Imagine yourself telling someone, what a great show SG-1 is, and showing them those three episodes.

I liked those episodes of SG-1! :)

Jeffala
March 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Porn!

pjt
March 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Porn!

:lol:
Well, you must be too young (or too old).

Jeffala
March 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
:lol:
Well, you must be too young (or too old).

From the episode. You know, Echo thinks her "husband" is in the porn industry. When she sees the bed with the flowers, she shouts, "Porn!"

pjt
March 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
From the episode. You know, Echo thinks her "husband" is in the porn industry. When she sees the bed with the flowers, she shouts, "Porn!"

In that case:
1) I revoke my sarcastic remark.
2) I'm totally ashamed I didn't get it at once :o

Saquist
March 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
I liked tonight's episode better than the previous. I missed the first six minutes, but in the rest I didn't see Echo being an unknowing hooker. That's a plus.

This was the first time I've seen this show as smart. What the director did was very very smart. I quote:

"You Played a good hand"
"I played a bad hand very well, there's a difference"

It was surprising and powerful.
I may look forward to more.

Jeffala
March 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
There are three flowers in a vase...

I wonder if the "and one of them is green" can be changed to a different color to trigger different actions from the active.

ShadowMaat
March 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM

I wonder if the "and one of them is green" can be changed to a different color to trigger different actions from the active.

Three flowers, three possible actions, right? Or maybe two actions and a reset. Gotta admit, I didn't pay much attention to flower color during that scene. LOL!

Jeffala
March 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Well, she used green to trigger her and to safety her, to abuse the metaphor. That makes me think that one color is one action. How many other colors are there? ;^)

Ian-S
March 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM

"and one of them is.......... blue"

:love:

Marianne_24
March 24th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Obviously, Echo is keeping some of her memory, as is Serra from the nod & glance at end of 103. I would like a back story episode when Echo ‘chooses’ to be a doll. Or perhaps another doll, which give us the ‘possible’ Echo reason for being there.

Otherwise, it feels like ‘Le Femme Nikita’

That was my first impression too...

The first couple of eps were really ...lame...I think I did my laundry while watching it. But the last ep was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it, and I even have might started caring for some of the characters. There's hope it really becomes a great show. It is the Joss after all.

cshawzye
April 1st, 2009, 04:46 PM
It's definitely picking up and getting more interesting. It wasn't grabbing my attention like I wanted it to when it started but I think the deeper they get into the show and the more suspense and mystery they can drum up the better it will continue to get. Though, I guess they have to be careful with that too and not push it too far ...

kangamoo
April 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
I almost never like a show from the get go (Except maybe Stargate Atlantis) so I plan to watch it through at least 6 episodes. My boyfriend spent the entire episode being completely confused. What someone else said about "not feeling like a pilot, being dropped in the middle of a season" was completely how we felt. While I wasn't as confused as the dear boyfriend, it definitely felt like I should have known a little more.

We'll see how it fares are a few more episodes!

Turns out I'm very glad I stayed through the first 6 episodes. Loved the last one "It's so heavy!" :)

Now here's hoping they can keep it up, AND it doesn't get cancelled. *sigh*

Marianne_24
April 3rd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Turns out I'm very glad I stayed through the first 6 episodes. Loved the last one "It's so heavy!" :)

Now here's hoping they can keep it up, AND it doesn't get cancelled. *sigh*

I laughed so hard at that bit it was just so ridiculous!

And I'm with you I'm glad I made it through the first couple of eps, I really enjoyed the last two eps.

lunarleviathan
April 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I don't get why people are so down on the first 5 episodes. They were all excellent. Sure, they didn't go very far into the main story arc, but they did an excellent job of establishing what the Dolls are and what kind of things they are "rented" out do to.

So far, Dollhouse is one of the best shows currently airing. I really hope it doesn't have to end prematurely -- it's potentially a real keeper in terms of quality.

Marianne_24
April 4th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I don't get why people are so down on the first 5 episodes. They were all excellent. Sure, they didn't go very far into the main story arc, but they did an excellent job of establishing what the Dolls are and what kind of things they are "rented" out do to.

So far, Dollhouse is one of the best shows currently airing. I really hope it doesn't have to end prematurely -- it's potentially a real keeper in terms of quality.

That's what they were supposed to do and they did. But I for one didn't neccessarily actually need that ^^

lunarleviathan
April 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM
That's what they were supposed to do and they did. But I for one didn't neccessarily actually need that ^^

True, I agree that from the stand point of understanding the show, they probably didn't need to shy away from the main arc as much as they did. Still, I think it adds a lot of depth. I hope we get some more of that.

Marianne_24
April 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM
True, I agree that from the stand point of understanding the show, they probably didn't need to shy away from the main arc as much as they did. Still, I think it adds a lot of depth. I hope we get some more of that.

In the long run I want that too.

Shan Bruce Lee
April 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't call it one of the best shows on right now. It's a good show but not that good.