This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Tribe, Hyperdrives, etc.

I can't find a thread where this has been answered. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Statement: The LT Asgard state they have no long-range hyperdrive-powered vessels available now, hence couldn't get home.
    Evidence: They do have small hyperdrive-powered vessels though.
    Assertion: If a regular-powered 304 does Earth-to-Atlantis in two weeks, the LT Asgard could've done the trip inside a year.

I just wonder if I'm missing something. Or do we assume their remaining vessels could only do reeeeally small jumps?
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

i thought it was a matter of the wraith were about than they were trying to avoid them...hence why they are on the toxic planet.

if they could leave im sure they would have

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
      I can't find a thread where this has been answered. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Statement: The LT Asgard state they have no long-range hyperdrive-powered vessels available now, hence couldn't get home.
      Evidence: They do have small hyperdrive-powered vessels though.
      Assertion: If a regular-powered 304 does Earth-to-Atlantis in two weeks, the LT Asgard could've done the trip inside a year.

I just wonder if I'm missing something. Or do we assume their remaining vessels could only do reeeeally small jumps?
      The size of the vessel does not matter. The smaller ships only had interstellar hyperdrives and weren't fast enough to travel between galaxies. The larger intergalactic vessels were destroyed and obviously the asgard couldn't make new ones due to whatever reason (maybe because they couldn't fabricate ships in the toxic conditions on the planet on which they took refuge).

Comment

Their little ships might not have had the intergalactic hyperdrive engines. If this is so it would have taken much much longer to get back to another galaxy.It is said in one of the sg1 episodes that pegases and the milky way are relatively close in galactic terms so there is know telling just how long it would take to get to another galaxy..

Comment

Well I think that the main point is that they didn't want to risk leaving their world. If they had tried and something had happened to their hyperdrive/they got boarded, all of their tech would fall into the hands of the wraith. They wouldn't want that...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaap View Post
            Well I think that the main point is that they didn't want to risk leaving their world. If they had tried and something had happened to their hyperdrive/they got boarded, all of their tech would fall into the hands of the wraith. They wouldn't want that...

sounds likely

Their little ships might not have had the intergalactic hyperdrive engines. If this is so it would have taken much much longer to get back to another galaxy.It is said in one of the sg1 episodes that pegases and the milky way are relatively close in galactic terms so there is know telling just how long it would take to get to another galaxy..

yeah for all we know it could be something like:

O-------O-------------------------------------------O
            Pegasus..Milky Way................................................Ida Galaxy

plus now that the Asgard are no more (sigh, rest in peace guys, rest in peace) really they have no reason to go back.
            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

IMO it's possible that when The Lost Tribe came to the Pegasus galaxy intergalactic hyperdrive technology was relatively new to the Asgard, it could have been much less efficient, slower and more power hungry than the 304s drives are.
              Perhaps the knowledge of how to reproduce the intergalactic form of their hyperdrive technology was also only known to a few Asgard personnel and none of those people were among TLT, if they were perhaps the people who knew enough about the tech to tweak the drives they had died on board TLT's original intergalactic ships.
              Without the knowledge to recreate better hyperdrive technologies, any infrastructure with which to make the tech and a lack of safe places to mine materials the remaining Asgard probably had no means to their knowledge to make it out of the galaxy and to another one.

Another possibility IMO is that knowing their people could still be alive in Ida and would make them answer for the experiments they did on Humans in the Pegasus galaxy they decided the best thing was to remain where they were, which whilst inhospitable would leave them free to do whatever they wanted and continue to research solutions to their genetic degradation problems.

Comment

Or they have become like us, almost posessesed in terms of trying to uncover everything the Ancients knew - to better chances for survival - before attempting to challenge the Wraith again or return home.

C40
                So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post

Another possibility IMO is that knowing their people could still be alive in Ida and would make them answer for the experiments they did on Humans in the Pegasus galaxy they decided the best thing was to remain where they were, which whilst inhospitable would leave them free to do whatever they wanted and continue to research solutions to their genetic degradation problems.
                  I would choose being experimented on by the Asgard over being eaten by the wraith....

Comment

Working...
                  X