PDA

View Full Version : dollhouse in the uk?

ori soldier
February 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
anyone know where and when it will be aired

Hermiiod
February 14th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Terribly sorry. No, I don't.

Madwelshboy
February 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm preety sure that no UK network has picked it up yet.

stargatefan234
February 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I'm preety sure that no UK network has picked it up yet.

Oh No, didn't we just get firefly here in the UK, or was it shown previously in the UK, and it slipped under my radar.

I Hope we get it in the UK

Madwelshboy
February 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
uk prob wont pick it up,im in the uk but got it off the net,iaint wait for this lol

Thats what i did. Tho i think your wrong about it not being picked up in the UK. As I said earlier its not picked up yet, but im sure it will at some point, likely to been shown in the summer if i had to guess. After all most US cult/genre shows are these days.

Rodney dex
February 14th, 2009, 03:37 PM
yer i aint waitin that long for this,been lookin forward to this for so long

February 16th, 2009, 05:15 AM
i hope the BBC will pick it up for after heroes season 3 finishes. that would be ideal, if a little behind. i jost hope it's not a sky channel that gets it.

cheese
February 16th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Oh No, didn't we just get firefly here in the UK, or was it shown previously in the UK, and it slipped under my radar.

I Hope we get it in the UK

Firefly was on the Sci-Fi Channel, and in fact showed the final episodes (3 or 4 of them) before anywhere else did because by that time Fox had abandoned the series with unaired episodes.

Dollhouse I would have thought would be picked up by Sky One, but given it's opening ratings maybe Virgin1 or ITV4 would be more likely. I doubt the BBC will buy it. They only bought heroes after it proved to be a massive ratings hit in the US.

stargatefan234
February 16th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Firefly was on the Sci-Fi Channel, and in fact showed the final episodes (3 or 4 of them) before anywhere else did because by that time Fox had abandoned the series with unaired episodes.

Dollhouse I would have thought would be picked up by Sky One, but given it's opening ratings maybe Virgin1 or ITV4 would be more likely. I doubt the BBC will buy it. They only bought heroes after it proved to be a massive ratings hit in the US.

Ah, it did slip under my radar, granted most things do.

i remeber watching the film when it was on sky premiere years ago, but only watched firefly about a month or to ago when Sci fi started re showing them.

yeah i agree, i think Virgin1 would be a likely candidate to pick it up

ori soldier
February 16th, 2009, 06:04 AM
i hope the BBC will pick it up for after heroes season 3 finishes. that would be ideal, if a little behind. i jost hope it's not a sky channel that gets it.

do u know when heroes series 4 starts

Madwelshboy
February 16th, 2009, 06:32 AM

I think it would help if there was a season 4 in production lol. i think you mean volume 4. cant think of the exact date be im sure it in the news thread of the heroes forum.

knowles2
February 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
If it cancelled then it will be picked up by Scifi at some later date. May be ITV4.

If it survives then it will be Sky1,Virgin, ITV.

BBC already got a wide variety of scifi shows on the air, with it looking to expand it own brands of show as they have doing particularly well for BBC world operations. Which they are hoping can keep raising its profits to off set off their failure to get the license fees they wanted.

Dumper
February 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Heroes returns on BBC2 this Monday the 23rd at 9.00pm, they are advertising it as a new series, but it's actually chapter 4 the second half of series 3.

Madwelshboy
March 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Sci Fi acquires 'Dollhouse', 'Knight Rider'
Friday, March 20 2009, 16:33 GMT

By Dan French

The Sci Fi Channel has picked up the UK rights to two new US dramas, it has been announced.

The NBC Universal-owned channel has secured the first run UK pay-TV rights to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse and the sequel to David Hasselhoff's 1980s show Knight Rider.

"We're dedicated to offering our audience the most exciting content available and are thrilled to become the UK home for two such highly anticipated series," said Jon Farrar, programming director for NBC Universal Global Networks. "Knight Rider and Dollhouse both hail from fine pedigrees, clearly reflected in their superior production values.

"The special effects in both series are genuinely show-stopping and likely to be the subject of many water-cooler moments for fans, who have the added choice of watching in either standard or high definition.”

Both shows have been secured for their 13-episode first seasons. The agreement also includes the renewal of repeat rights to seasons one to five of Whedon’s popular Buffy spinoff Angel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a150241/sci-fi-acquires-dollhouse-knight-rider.html

stargatefan234
March 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Sci Fi acquires 'Dollhouse', 'Knight Rider'
Friday, March 20 2009, 16:33 GMT

By Dan French

The Sci Fi Channel has picked up the UK rights to two new US dramas, it has been announced.

The NBC Universal-owned channel has secured the first run UK pay-TV rights to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse and the sequel to David Hasselhoff's 1980s show Knight Rider.

"We're dedicated to offering our audience the most exciting content available and are thrilled to become the UK home for two such highly anticipated series," said Jon Farrar, programming director for NBC Universal Global Networks. "Knight Rider and Dollhouse both hail from fine pedigrees, clearly reflected in their superior production values.

"The special effects in both series are genuinely show-stopping and likely to be the subject of many water-cooler moments for fans, who have the added choice of watching in either standard or high definition.”

Both shows have been secured for their 13-episode first seasons. The agreement also includes the renewal of repeat rights to seasons one to five of Whedon’s popular Buffy spinoff Angel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a150241/sci-fi-acquires-dollhouse-knight-rider.html

Yay :D, Thank you MadWelshBoy

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
UPDATE:- UK premier of Dollhouse will be on Tue, May 19 at 9pm

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/tubetalk/plp/

stargatefan234
April 30th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Tuesday 19th May
Sky Channel 129 (Sci-Fi)

The Prophet
April 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Sci-Fi Channel?

Ouch.

Madwelshboy
May 20th, 2009, 10:39 AM
'Dollhouse' tops 'Prison Break' finale

Last night's UK Dollhouse premiere proved more popular than the Prison Break finale, according to early viewing figures.

Joss Whedon's latest project, starring Eliza Dushku, debuted on Sci Fi at 9pm to 263k (1.3%), with a further 76k (0.5%) tuning in on timeshift. It beat Sky1's screening of the two-hour Prison Break finale, which averaged 233k between 10pm and midnight

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a156550/dollhouse-tops-prison-break-finale.html

Madwelshboy
July 2nd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Sci Fi nabs 'Dollhouse' season two

Sci Fi has acquired the first run UK pay TV rights to the second season of Dollhouse.

It has also been confirmed that the show's 13th episode - which was cut by Fox in the US - will premiere on the channel in August.

"We’re thrilled to offer our audience not only all 13 episodes of the first season but also confirmation that Sci Fi has the season two premiere already lined up for later in the year," said Jon Farrar, programming director for NBC Universal Global Networks in the UK.

He added: "Dollhouse has become a cult hit in the UK and is one of the most talked about and successful show launches of 2009.

"We've been relentless in our quest to bring the most entertaining, exciting and in-demand programming to our viewers and Dollhouse has ticked all those boxes and many more."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a163061/sci-fi-nabs-dollhouse-season-two-ep-13.html

stargatefan234
July 31st, 2009, 02:07 PM
We get the 13th episode air on tv, the US dont. score 1 for us :D

Madwelshboy
August 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Dollhouse Season Two UK Premiere

The first two episodes of the second season of Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse will premiere in the UK on Sci Fi on Tuesday 20 October. That’s less than a month after its US premiere on 25 September.

Sci Fi will kick off with a double-bill of the first two episodes, “Vows” and “Belle Chose". After that, episodes will then continue weekly in the Tuesday 10pm slot.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=dollhouse_season_two_uk_premiere

stargatefan234
August 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Dollhouse Season Two UK Premiere

The first two episodes of the second season of Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse will premiere in the UK on Sci Fi on Tuesday 20 October. That’s less than a month after its US premiere on 25 September.

Sci Fi will kick off with a double-bill of the first two episodes, “Vows” and “Belle Chose". After that, episodes will then continue weekly in the Tuesday 10pm slot.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=dollhouse_season_two_uk_premiere

i will hopefully be at uni then, so wont be able to watch it :(

Bagpuss
October 20th, 2009, 01:13 AM
If any of you want to catch repeats of S1 ( or see it for the first time) ITV4 are showing S1 starting next Monday evening at 9pm.:)

*Sets planner* :D