This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Shipper and Thunk Threads?

Ok, everyone. Forgive me for what will seem like a dumb question, but maybe a little explanation will help out those who are new to the Forum.

What exactly are "Shipper" and "Thunk" threads? I see them for almost every SG character (SG-1 and Atlantis). I know the "Appreciation" threads are for voicing your praises and what you like about a character, but I still haven't figured out exactly what the "Shipper" and "Thunk" threads are. I'm reluctant to post in those threads for fear of getting black-balled for saying something inappropriate.

If I had a better understanding of what those threads are all about, maybe then i could enjoy them more.

Thanks for your help, all.

Thunk-referrance to the sound one's head makes impacting upon a hard floor, presumably from being overwelmed at the sight of the character in question. Pretty much Appreciation, just amped up a bit.

Shipper-short for 'relationshipper', a person or *cough*cult*cough* who promotes a relationship between two characters. A word of caution: Shipper threads are 'protected' so don't even TRY to say you're against them in the thead, there are usually anti versions if you want to do that.

Happy posting!
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

You can also find all that info the Forum FAQ.
      Rocky

Comment

Shipper threads are my home I live and breathe Ship (That's why you did good not posting there if you didn't know what they were. Us shippers might have eaten you alive if you had said anything against the ship in question but don't let that stop you from posting...)
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
        X