Sun tzu confirmed to be a chinese ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun tzu confirmed to be a chinese ship

OK so this might be old, but it was confirmed by Mallozzi that the Sun Tzu is a chinese ship. Is anyone else excited about this? What do you think this means for the Stargate Franchise in the future?

Not much, it will probably never be heard from again, and if it is it will likely be destroyed.

Comment

*cynical hat on*

I think it means that MGM is considering a Chinese spin-off show.

*cynical hat off*

Being serious about it I'm not entirely sure why they gave the 304 to the Chinese. In the Gateverse both Russia and, by extension, China seem to have a disproportionate amount of clout compared to the amount of real power they hold. Russia for example is a state which a recent military study, conducted by its own experts, concluded could not even win a war with Poland. China is huge, but its army is still technologically speaking a decade or more behind most of the NATO nations, and its economic muscle is so intrinsically intertwined with the west that if it flexes it overly then it invariably ends up hurting itself as much as anyone else.

Planetary unity could be used as an excuse for them giving the Sun Tzu to the Chinese, but to be honest I am sceptical about that as well. After all with the defeat of the Goa'uld the Milky Way is about as dangerous to the safety of Earth as a Kitten with a slight cold, and with the Asgard Database the US could vaporise said kitten in moments if it got uppity. The only conceivable danger is in Pegasus, and barring Todd and his ZPM fetish that threat is also minimal and easily containable in Pegasus under the pretence of looting that Galaxy for Ancient Relics... I mean protecting the indigenous humans.

Now throw into that mix the fact that China is decidedly undemocratic and has the population and resources to challenge the US dominance of the planet in the next half century or so and it becomes even more unlikely that the USAF would willingly hand over one of its 304s. Thus it is my conclusion that the Chinese threatened to reveal the Gate program to the public unless they got a ship. (In other words they threw the IOA version of a hissy fit.) And that because the US didn't really want to give it to the Reds they gave them one with faulty seals on the windows, which is why it started venting atmosphere during its battle with the Super Hive.

The last bit is partly tongue in cheek, only partly mind. The US has a long history of selling weapons to people and neglecting to give them the full operational capability of said weapon, thus it would make sense for them to not give the Chinese a fully operation 304... if nothing else it would give them an edge in combat if and when the Chinese decide to declare their dominance of the Earth in the old fashioned manner.

And yes, I am bitter about the Chinese getting a new ship before the British... or any of the other NATO "allies" of the US.

*goes to grumble in the corner*
      Last edited by BwenGun; 12 February 2009, 03:47 PM.
      "They who complain, in peace, of the insolence of the populace, must remember, that their insolence in peace is bravery in war." Dr Johnson

Comment

I think the US will give the countrys that "nags" moste about it and threatens to reveal the stargate to the world.
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by BwenGun View Post

The last bit is partly tongue in cheek, only partly mind. The US has a long history of selling weapons to people and neglecting to give them the full operational capability of said weapon, thus it would make sense for them to not give the Chinese a fully operation 304... if nothing else it would give them an edge in combat if and when the Chinese decide to declare their dominance of the Earth in the old fashioned manner.

And yes, I am bitter about the Chinese getting a new ship before the British... or any of the other NATO "allies" of the US.
          So basically no Asgard Shields, beam weapons, S2S transport etc?...

If all they did was give them a moving shell that would explain why it didn't make much of a dent in the Super-Hive. Probably got all free personnel to stick their rifles out the window.... Which would also explain the 'real reason' it was crippled and the crew had to abandon to the Apollo

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

the russians got a 304 because they had a deal with the us about sharing technology, which the perhaps deserved after loaning the second gate back to the US, maybe the chinese bartered a deal too. perhaps they has something the US wanted, but then again, still why did britian not get one after letting the US scavenge Avalon eh?
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              the russians got a 304 because they had a deal with the us about sharing technology, which the perhaps deserved after loaning the second gate back to the US, maybe the chinese bartered a deal too. perhaps they has something the US wanted, but then again, still why did britian not get one after letting the US scavenge Avalon eh?
              What? with our B***** F****** B***-S****** useless PM & Goverment? They would have said "No please take whatever you want, don't bother telling us what you find, we're too busy claiming expenses for our houses, 2nd houses, rented houses, dog houses etc... Oh and by the way Lt.Col Carter, your the most intelligent person currently on the planet, how can we save our enconomy? Hmmm... Don't impliment a VAT of 2.5% because it won't make any difference what so ever you say? Well i'll think about it...."

**Anger fading, fading...**

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

my guess is that since the chinese probably threatened to reveal the program, since if they didnt they probably wouldnt have gotten one and certainly not before the english and canadian, the USA will have to reveal the program soon as more and more threaths are made

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                  OK so this might be old, but it was confirmed by Mallozzi that the Sun Tzu is a chinese ship. Is anyone else excited about this? What do you think this means for the Stargate Franchise in the future?
                  Excited? Why? That they said the information *after* the show ended? After the horrible last episode where they rushed into the end (but there was time for Keller in the woods in episodes before) and didn´t bother even show that ship?
                  It´s like anything with SG these days - "there was a gay character! Oh, no, wait, it was that woman, remember her? The one with a big boom around her who got killed after ten minutes on the screen."
                  No, I am not excited and I am sure that this Sun tzu will fall into a plot hole.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                    my guess is that since the chinese probably threatened to reveal the program, since if they didnt they probably wouldnt have gotten one and certainly not before the english and canadian, the USA will have to reveal the program soon as more and more threaths are made
                    I'm pretty sure that we can use current events to reveal why we'd give the Chinese a 304... Hmmm, who holds ALL of the US debt? Oh yeah, China. I'd say the fact that China is the major lender of all money to the US would give them one hell of an ability to strong arm the government into giving them a 304.

Comment

What makes you think we are building and giving 304s away? Yes, the Korolev was a special case, but beyond that, why can't the Russians and Chinese and others just build one on their own if they were given the plans by the SGC, or IOA, or whoever actually holds the blueprints.

Maybe the Brits can't build one because they aren't big enough to take on that size of a project? I can't see the US footing the bill and just giving 304s away. There has to be more to it than that.
                      Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Think about it though, the Chinese are pretty inventive! Imagine the kind of modifications they could/would make if they had their own Daedalus Class 304!! And the US government probably agreed to give each major nation (UK, Europe, Russia, China, etc) a ship because they not only got the Gate, but also the Chair which was recently moved to Area 51. (Even though it was destroyed shortly after! Lol) Not to mention whatever technology they've aquired through Gate travel! (including Asgard Technology)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                          no and I didn't like the fact that it came out of nowhere
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X