This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth had a way to take down Ori warships immediately after Camelot

I am currently rewatching all of Stargate so that when Universe comes out I'll have a clear picture to compare it to and I stumbled upon Fallen, season 7 first episode were they use an F-302 fitted with a nquadria based hyperdrive to get passed the shield on Anubis's mother ship and destroy his super weapon
    (somehow this detail got lost in my mind with the getting Daniel back and all). And we've seen that F302 can carry nukes so put this two head to head and you have a way to take them down. Plus with the Odyssey in the picture they have a platform to launch this kind of attacks on Ori warships instead of having to lure them. Am I wright or am I missing something?
    Hmm, The Bible, what a waste of perfectly good toilet paper.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1215985784
    Your Current Signature Picture

The biggest problem is intel. Thanks to the Tok'ra we knew quite a bit about Anubus's ship. If we used a F-302's hyperdrive we would have no idea what part of an Ori ship to attack. Also I would wager the Ori have some measure against internal defenses. If PJ can safely bypass Atlantis' shields then its quite possible for small Ori ships to bypass the Ori battlecrusiers shields
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd go for the big bright blue thingy in the middle of the ship or the sublight engines. Good point tho and so let's revisit S10's Counterstrike and we now have schematics for the ship (this will however render the title of my thread inadequate). Just thought of something, is it possible the prior in control of the ship could interfere with this plan, say prevent the nuke from detonating or just destroy the 302s?
      Last edited by amokay; 12 February 2009, 02:20 PM.
      Hmm, The Bible, what a waste of perfectly good toilet paper.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1215985784
      Your Current Signature Picture

Comment

nquadria is extermenly unstable...

Comment

I believe camelot/Flesh and blood showed that a nuke was ringed over to the Ori ship but it didn't detonate. It was implied that the prior stopped it.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
            I believe camelot/Flesh and blood showed that a nuke was ringed over to the Ori ship but it didn't detonate. It was implied that the prior stopped it.
            i thought that it just wasn't ready to be delivered in time and then daniel jackson just ringed him self over?

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
              i thought that it just wasn't ready to be delivered in time and then daniel jackson just ringed him self over?
              Yes Daniel did not ring the device over. The Korolev crewman who was preping the nuke was killed by an exploding conduit and daniel acted quickly to ring himself over.

Unless you are refering to the bomb that bra'tac tried to send over. That i have no clue about. Could have failed to send or could have been disarmed. Impossible to tell really.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam50ae View Post
                Unless you are refering to the bomb that bra'tac tried to send over. That i have no clue about. Could have failed to send or could have been disarmed. Impossible to tell really.
                i doubt it would of worked imo

Comment

Working...
                X