This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Bad Replicators

Anyone think we'll be seeing the replicators pop up in Atlantis? They've taken control of Asgard ships before, they could have hopped the vast space between galaxies in a few minutes.
    sigpic

Although the writers may choose to include them, I hope not. I'd rather not have to deal with them again, except maybe in SG-1 season 8... they're just really pesky! Although I'm thinking we may see some of the Asgard, who probably posess the ability to go to the Pegasus galaxy... and they may accidentally bring along some replicators, so who knows.
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I'd love to see the Leggos Gone Bad. They are so cute and all, especially when they are angry.
      Aside from the fact they are a relentless foe, they have certain production advantages. They don't require too much dialog coaching (aside from the advanced human forms) or wardrobe help, and they probably don't require a SAG card.
      Besides all of that, they are a rich wellspring of bug puns, provided we have a character in Atlantis who is the resident Snarky Punmaster, a la the Good Colonel.
      One can only hope.

Comment

It's a good story line for SG-1, but I wouldn't like to see the replicators pop up in Atlantis. Sure, it would be interesting, but what happenes when they start to munch on Atlantis itself? Or Wraith tech? Suddenly you have an already difficult to defeat enemy become practically invincible!
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Anyone think we'll be seeing the replicators pop up in Atlantis? They've taken control of Asgard ships before, they could have hopped the vast space between galaxies in a few minutes.
          I REALLY hope they show up. They are one of my favorite enemies. Especially when they get into human form. And there are just so many things story wise that can be done with them since they can change into so many different things.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
            It's a good story line for SG-1, but I wouldn't like to see the replicators pop up in Atlantis. Sure, it would be interesting, but what happenes when they start to munch on Atlantis itself? Or Wraith tech? Suddenly you have an already difficult to defeat enemy become practically invincible!
            that right there is the reason why i'd like to see them in Atlantis. The wraith have techno-organic tech. Imagine a Rep with those features. Could be VERY interesting...and deadly.
            and who knows..maybe they would end up having to serve the Wraiths...eating their bio tech could make them vulnerable to Wraith technology programming.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Could they eventually wind up defeating the Wraith?

Just a tought: (probably spoilers for different stuff...I dunno...)

Humans that have a certain gene can use Ancient tech. If the replicators eat that tech and get that property, does that mean that those certain humans will be able to control them like Reese? (Doesn't Ancient equipment somewhat 'read' its user's mind?) The more I think about it it would present some interesting storylines.

Hey forum MODS, we need a replicator post icon!
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

I think the faith of the replicators will be decided in SG-1 season 8 ep New Order, I think the TPTB want to finish the story arc with the asgard and replicators. Personally I don’t want to see the replicators in Atlantis because it’s a new show therefore I think it should have new enemies.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                  because it’s a new show therefore I think it should have new enemies.

But It needs to have a connection to the original series. The replicators are a superb enemy.
                  sigpic

Comment

i would love to see reps in atlantis, on another note id love to see a break away colony of asgard in their origional form, ie the skint lanky gurs with the large heads

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
                      i would love to see reps in atlantis, on another note id love to see a break away colony of asgard in their origional form, ie the skint lanky gurs with the large heads
                      What? Like a lost colony? Maybe the Wraith abucted them a long time ago and are also using them to feed off of?

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                        What? Like a lost colony? Maybe the Wraith abucted them a long time ago and are also using them to feed off of?
                        Or just a group that migrated away to regress like the furlings in Paradise Lost?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think It would be cool if SGC provided the asgard with ancient technology to assist destroying the replicators......

Comment

i dont really care if they will or will not, but i'd like to know how do they end up...in S8 of SG1 or further, or in the movies, or even, if it have to be, in Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              The wraith have techno-organic tech. Imagine a Rep with those features. Could be VERY interesting...and deadly.
                              ...the Stargate Borg?...

Also, I would LOVE to see some breakaway old Asgard in Atlantis... some that didn't evolve, but that also are a little behind on the technology... that'd be really cool.
                              Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Working...
                              X