PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bad Replicators

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone think we'll be seeing the replicators pop up in Atlantis? They've taken control of Asgard ships before, they could have hopped the vast space between galaxies in a few minutes.

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 10th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Although the writers may choose to include them, I hope not. I'd rather not have to deal with them again, except maybe in SG-1 season 8... they're just really pesky! Although I'm thinking we may see some of the Asgard, who probably posess the ability to go to the Pegasus galaxy... and they may accidentally bring along some replicators, so who knows.

crowhop
May 10th, 2004, 01:23 PM
I'd love to see the Leggos Gone Bad. They are so cute and all, especially when they are angry.
Aside from the fact they are a relentless foe, they have certain production advantages. They don't require too much dialog coaching (aside from the advanced human forms) or wardrobe help, and they probably don't require a SAG card.
Besides all of that, they are a rich wellspring of bug puns, provided we have a character in Atlantis who is the resident Snarky Punmaster, a la the Good Colonel.
One can only hope. :rolleyes:

SGSlugger
May 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
It's a good story line for SG-1, but I wouldn't like to see the replicators pop up in Atlantis. Sure, it would be interesting, but what happenes when they start to munch on Atlantis itself? Or Wraith tech? Suddenly you have an already difficult to defeat enemy become practically invincible!

GhostPoet
May 10th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Anyone think we'll be seeing the replicators pop up in Atlantis? They've taken control of Asgard ships before, they could have hopped the vast space between galaxies in a few minutes.

I REALLY hope they show up. They are one of my favorite enemies. Especially when they get into human form. And there are just so many things story wise that can be done with them since they can change into so many different things.

GhostPoet
May 10th, 2004, 02:36 PM
It's a good story line for SG-1, but I wouldn't like to see the replicators pop up in Atlantis. Sure, it would be interesting, but what happenes when they start to munch on Atlantis itself? Or Wraith tech? Suddenly you have an already difficult to defeat enemy become practically invincible!

that right there is the reason why i'd like to see them in Atlantis. :) The wraith have techno-organic tech. Imagine a Rep with those features. Could be VERY interesting...and deadly.
and who knows..maybe they would end up having to serve the Wraiths...eating their bio tech could make them vulnerable to Wraith technology programming.

SGSlugger
May 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Could they eventually wind up defeating the Wraith?

Just a tought: (probably spoilers for different stuff...I dunno...)

Humans that have a certain gene can use Ancient tech. If the replicators eat that tech and get that property, does that mean that those certain humans will be able to control them like Reese? (Doesn't Ancient equipment somewhat 'read' its user's mind?) The more I think about it it would present some interesting storylines.

Hey forum MODS, we need a replicator post icon!

Wass
May 10th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I think the faith of the replicators will be decided in SG-1 season 8 ep New Order, I think the TPTB want to finish the story arc with the asgard and replicators. Personally I don’t want to see the replicators in Atlantis because it’s a new show therefore I think it should have new enemies.

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM
because it’s a new show therefore I think it should have new enemies.

But It needs to have a connection to the original series. The replicators are a superb enemy.

the_fours
May 10th, 2004, 04:07 PM
i would love to see reps in atlantis, on another note id love to see a break away colony of asgard in their origional form, ie the skint lanky gurs with the large heads

SGSlugger
May 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
i would love to see reps in atlantis, on another note id love to see a break away colony of asgard in their origional form, ie the skint lanky gurs with the large heads

What? Like a lost colony? Maybe the Wraith abucted them a long time ago and are also using them to feed off of?

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 05:23 PM
What? Like a lost colony? Maybe the Wraith abucted them a long time ago and are also using them to feed off of?

Or just a group that migrated away to regress like the furlings in Paradise Lost?

LiquidEnforcer
May 10th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I think It would be cool if SGC provided the asgard with ancient technology to assist destroying the replicators......

May 10th, 2004, 09:13 PM
i dont really care if they will or will not, but i'd like to know how do they end up...in S8 of SG1 or further, or in the movies, or even, if it have to be, in Atlantis

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 10th, 2004, 09:15 PM
The wraith have techno-organic tech. Imagine a Rep with those features. Could be VERY interesting...and deadly.

...the Stargate Borg?...

Also, I would LOVE to see some breakaway old Asgard in Atlantis... some that didn't evolve, but that also are a little behind on the technology... that'd be really cool.

Champos
May 10th, 2004, 09:25 PM
If you ask me they seem like the sort to demand individual dressing rooms - and that's a lot of rooms!

Mio
May 11th, 2004, 03:49 AM
If you ask me they seem like the sort to demand individual dressing rooms - and that's a lot of rooms!

<g>

thor39
May 11th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Spoilers season 8 beginning

Well we'll be hearing of them at least as they have escaped and the Asgard are once again under threat

Whitster
May 12th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I think It would be cool if SGC provided the asgard with ancient technology to assist destroying the replicators......

But surely the Ancient weaponry is energy based and would therefore have no effect on the reps?, saying that though nether doe's projectile weaponry on the new humanoids. Actually they're pretty screwed as far destroying replicators goes now. :S

earck
May 12th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I agree, they are SG-1's domain. Let Atlantis have all new bad guys. Maybe they can bring back the replicators in the 3rd spinoff, but then again assuming the replicators are destroyed again in season 8, we may see the Apophis complex again.

Mio
May 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM
can they pass through energy shields? they were crawling on Apophis's personal energy shield, which means that they react to them strangely....

Whitster
May 13th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Well from what I understand the energy shields are designed to create a wall of energy where as the energy weapons are designed to discharge a burst of energy into an enemy. Therefore it seems logical that the reps cant pass through a energy feild in the same way they couldn't walk stright through a wall(without eating it), but can absord the discharge of a weapon as it's focused directly into them.

Mio
May 13th, 2004, 03:53 AM
but slow moving objects can pass through the personal energy shield, and replicators can not. Since they will surely gain access to REALLY advanced force shield tech, It'd make an interesting way of containing them....like a trash compactor ::cough::

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Whitster - aaaahhh! You have the same avatar as me!! I was scrolling down the thread when I saw my avatar and a post I'd obviously made, except that when I was reading it I thought it seemed much better quality than my normal fare and I had no memory of writing it!! I thought I was going mad!! Well, more mad...

Whitster
May 14th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Whitster - aaaahhh! You have the same avatar as me!! I was scrolling down the thread when I saw my avatar and a post I'd obviously made, except that when I was reading it I thought it seemed much better quality than my normal fare and I had no memory of writing it!! I thought I was going mad!! Well, more mad...

Ahh, but your post count states that youv'e quite obviously been here longer than me and therefore much be far smarter.

StargateSara
May 19th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I like the idea of new species/races, whether benevolent or evil. Maybe we could tie in to some characters from SG-1, but I'd like to see alot of variety and stuff we haven't seen before. I miss some of the stranger species that we've met along the way, like the plant/harmony naked white guys from "One False Step" and the Reetou from "Show and Tell" and the little firefly guys from whichever ep that was. I like wild imaginations, and I'm ready to see some new stuff. JMO

SGSlugger
May 19th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Those plant/white/naked guys kinda freaked me out for some odd reason. I think I read somewhere that there is going to be new species out, thus the reason the SG-A team finds a universal translator.

Mio
May 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I like the idea of new species/races, whether benevolent or evil. Maybe we could tie in to some characters from SG-1, but I'd like to see alot of variety and stuff we haven't seen before. I miss some of the stranger species that we've met along the way, like the plant/harmony naked white guys from "One False Step" and the Reetou from "Show and Tell" and the little firefly guys from whichever ep that was. I like wild imaginations, and I'm ready to see some new stuff. JMO

the firefly things were from prodigy.

alaskannut
June 23rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
I was just at scifi.com...breaking news....THE REPLICATORS ARE COMING TO OUR GALAXY!!!! and thats no joke! Seems they and the Goa'uld are going to go at it, and we'll have to pick sides