Great Alliance Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Alliance Technology

I am currently writing a few fan fiction stargate stories based in the gap of when the plauge ravaged the milky way and when the ancients settled on lantea. Everyone is welcome to write fan fics using this idea but the main use of this thread is for every to submit their ideas for ancient, Asgard, Furling or Nox Technology this could be based on something else or it could be somthing you have created yourself. To aid a little The time this is set in is a dark age so there for the architecture of a ancient ship could be totally different to that we have seen because of fractures in the whole.

SO GET CREATIVE, MODEL, WRITE, DRAW OR JUST TELL US WE ACCEPT ALL!!!
    Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

okay i guess ill get this moving. for those who have been keeping up to date with sga 5 you will recognize this as the lost tribes vessel but upgraded to be faster and stronger. Ill have the specs in soon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hy Nyrde, I finally got the chance to post on a thread with you.
      Nice TLT model BTW,.

I realise that you're composing your own Fan Fiction story, but I just thought I'd see what you think about my points on the relation between Ancients in the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies 5 to 10 million years ago.
      Since joining Gateworld and taking part in a discussion with Professor D.H.D PuddleJumper on some Ancient history I believe that it's highly likely that when the Plague occurred and the Lantians left for the Pegasus galaxy a group of Ancients remained, unknown to the Lantians in the Milky Way and they are the ones that eventually went on to form friendships and the alliance with the Nox, Furlings and Asgard.
      This to me at least would explain why there appears to be no contact between the alliance member races and the Ancients in the Pegasus galaxy during the war with the Wraith.
      Since the Lantians left the Milky Way between 5 and 10 million years ago and the Asgard were only around as a civilization 100,000 years ago as was stated in The Lost Tribe the Asgard being a protector race would have helped their friends in their time of need, but we've seen nothing to indicate that happened.

I propose that you keep an initially lesser group of Ancients that continued in the Milky Way, perhaps a small colony of a few hundred that deactivated their Stargate to prevent the genesis device from killing them, perhaps they didn't know about Atlantis or that some of their people were traveling to Pegasus.
      These ancients could have been the ones that created the repositories and they could have been free from the Plague.

Regarding the technology stuff what about a mention of the device that makes ZPMs.
      As a ZPM draws power from a self contained region of subspace time perhaps you could have a device that contains a tiny portion of subspace and ZPMs being a kind of bridge (perhaps Stargate like device) between subspace and the terminal to which the ZPM provides power.

Another device could be the thing the Ancients used to seed life, I mean something that actually creates biological material, the building blocks for Human life, but made in a technological way rather than having to consume elements from a planet to make Humanoid, intelligent life begin and something that steers the evolution of that life in the right direction.

Please let me know what you think.

Comment

simply seed cells with tons of junk DNA, that activates slowly over the course of evolution.

it is possible that ZPM's are bridges to a terminal.

i however, speculate that there are microverses within our universe, and a ZPM taps into one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
          I am currently writing a few fan fiction stargate stories based in the gap of when the plauge ravaged the milky way and when the ancients settled on lantea.
          So you're going to try to cover the plague itself, then Atlantis' flight to Pegasus and their settlement there. If you can use anything from the timeline I constructed your welcome to it. It's part of my sig below.

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          I realise that you're composing your own Fan Fiction story, but I just thought I'd see what you think about my points on the relation between Ancients in the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies 5 to 10 million years ago.
          Since joining Gateworld and taking part in a discussion with Professor D.H.D PuddleJumper on some Ancient history I believe that it's highly likely that when the Plague occurred and the Lantians left for the Pegasus galaxy a group of Ancients remained, unknown to the Lantians in the Milky Way and they are the ones that eventually went on to form friendships and the alliance with the Nox, Furlings and Asgard.
          Yes I do recall having that conversation (Hey ROP, haven't talked to you for a while) and yes it's not unreasonable that, in a civilization like the Ancients, scattered throughout the galaxy, that a few enclaves of Ancients remained behind. After all, did the galaxy stay deserted those 5-10 million years?

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          I propose that you keep an initially lesser group of Ancients that continued in the Milky Way, perhaps a small colony of a few hundred that deactivated their Stargate to prevent the genesis device from killing them, perhaps they didn't know about Atlantis or that some of their people were traveling to Pegasus.
          These ancients could have been the ones that created the repositories and they could have been free from the Plague.
          Yep, it would explain a few things. If only TPTB would give it some thought as well.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Excelant ideas, Brilliant and its not just me composing this fan fic everyone is welcome to join and just taking an idea from Rise of the Pheonix in this fiction why dont we create specs and models and backgrounds for all the technology mention in the series butit really doesnt show us much about those items eg. Different Stargates and the reason we all know as to why the stargates are different between galaxies is because they had more knowledge and technology to work with. BTW it would be apreciated if someone could start up a wikia page for this cause i may not have time to do it myself.

Cheers,
            Last edited by Nyrde; 12 February 2009, 09:32 PM. Reason: stuff up

Comment

Hey im really bored atm so i decided to start my next project which is a modified control chair not sure how good it is lol so give me a few pointers plz.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X