Zhan's ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zhan's ending.

I have just finished watching the death of Zhan in season 3, can someone please tell me if this was a decision made by TPTB or did Virginia Hay want to leave the show?

She certainly went out in a sad and dramatic way. May the Goddess be with you Zhan.

Virginia Hey chose to leave the show. The makeup process she had to constantly undergo to play the role started affect her health. Very sad really, because she was a fine actress, and Zhaan was one of my favorite characters on the show.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Virginia Hey chose to leave the show. The makeup process she had to constantly undergo to play the role started affect her health. Very sad really, because she was a fine actress, and Zhaan was one of my favorite characters on the show.
      Thanks for the info, I am third way through season 3 and it is simply an amazing show.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
        Thanks for the info, I am third way through season 3 and it is simply an amazing show.
        I am really glad to hear you like the show so much. Farscape has meant a lot to so many people for a very long time. It is great to hear that people are still newly discovering the show, and enjoying it. You still have a wonderful, wild ride ahead of you, my friend.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am really glad to hear you like the show so much. Farscape has meant a lot to so many people for a very long time. It is great to hear that people are still newly discovering the show, and enjoying it. You still have a wonderful, wild ride ahead of you, my friend.
          It's one of those rare shows that seems to get better as the sesaons role on. Unlike other shows that reach their heights half way through and then strat going down.

But it was sad to lose Zhaan, she was (is) wonderful.

Comment

It was very sad to see her go but those were two great episodes. She got a powerful and noble send off...true to the character.

Farscape certainly did character deaths very well on the show anyway...I won't praise them as much for the ones in PKW. I won't mention any more so as not to spoil you if you don't already know.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Yeah I think the makeup was damaging her kidneys or something like that.
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
              "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                It was very sad to see her go but those were two great episodes. She got a powerful and noble send off...true to the character.

Farscape certainly did character deaths very well on the show anyway...I won't praise them as much for the ones in PKW. I won't mention any more so as not to spoil you if you don't already know.
                What's interesting about Farscape so far for me is with all the non stop action and crayziness it is certainly a very character driven show. The most disfunctional yet loveable family on Sci Fi

Zhaan was their mum, how are they ever going to get along without her.

Comment

What's interesting about Farscape so far for me is with all the non stop action and crayziness it is certainly a very character driven show. The most disfunctional yet loveable family on Sci Fi

Zhaan was their mum, how are they ever going to get along without her.
                  Yes, Farscape was very character driven. Those characters were made to feel so real to us fans. They were all very dysfunctional, no doubt about it. But they were like a family.

Getting along without Zhaan isn't easy, I'll tell you that. But the crew of Moya manages, the best they can.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Yipster View Post
                    Yeah I think the makeup was damaging her kidneys or something like that.
                    No it wasn't. It was messing with her skin and with that much make up on her skin couldn't breath.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

It is a real shame that the makeup affected her in such a negative way. Especially considering it didn't have the same effect on the actress who played Chiana. She wore just as much makeup.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think her death played fairly well into the show...in that it was beneficial to the story to come. Sad to see her go but it wasn't wasted as the writers handled her departure very well, even farther on into the show her death resonated with the characters and she wasn't forgotten.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          No it wasn't. It was messing with her skin and with that much make up on her skin couldn't breath.
                          Both. The skin problems caused by the body paint were causing her kidneys to bleed.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I didn't know about her leaving due to health issues.

I liked her a lot, but at the same time, I thought they did a great job with the end. I'll admit to harboring an unfair dislike for Jool and Granny for 'replacing' her, thought that sentiment has tempered a bit for me (though Jool is still my least favorite character in the series.)

Comment

It's one of those rare shows that seems to get better as the sesaons role on. Unlike other shows that reach their heights half way through and then strat going down.

But it was sad to lose Zhaan, she was (is) wonderful.
                              Yeah i got in to farscape well after it was canceled i was amazed at how diffrent it was
                              It is a real shame that the makeup affected her in such a negative way. Especially considering it didn't have the same effect on the actress who played Chiana. She wore just as much makeup.
                              I did not know that was the reason she left it would certainly be interesting to know what the TPTB was planing for zhan character
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X