Tel'tak Al'kesh shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tel'tak Al'kesh shields

In stargate continuum Teal'c uses the al'kesh shield to protect the facility and in the new order when teal'c and sam go to find thor and have their tel'tak pulled apart they talk about diverting power from shields. We know both ships can cloak but neither has ever displayed any shielding in combat. Teal'c shot down and al'kesh with a glider even. Any thoughts or just another mistake we should ignore?

Like you said in Continuum, Tea'c has an Al'kesh that takes several shots from an Ha'tak in orbit, yet in episodes like 'Lost City' and 'Insiders' they are shot down by a single AIM-120 Missile. The only explainations I can think of is some have them, some don't. Or that it's because Continuum took place in an different timeline.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Most likely Baal just gave his Al'Kesh a few upgrades when he first went back in time.

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
        In stargate continuum Teal'c uses the al'kesh shield to protect the facility and in the new order when teal'c and sam go to find thor and have their tel'tak pulled apart they talk about diverting power from shields. We know both ships can cloak but neither has ever displayed any shielding in combat. Teal'c shot down and al'kesh with a glider even. Any thoughts or just another mistake we should ignore?
        Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        Like you said in Continuum, Tea'c has an Al'kesh that takes several shots from an Ha'tak in orbit, yet in episodes like 'Lost City' and 'Insiders' they are shot down by a single AIM-120 Missile. The only explainations I can think of is some have them, some don't. Or that it's because Continuum took place in an different timeline.
        We have seen tel'tak with shields before. An example would be the tel'tak from "Revelations." However, we had never seen Al'kesh with shields before Continuum. I agree with jonos101 and knowles2 that the most likely explanation is that in the Continuum timeline Ba'al upgraded all the Al'kesh of the Goa'uld fleet. Hope that helps.

Dr. Daedalus
        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

what about the alkash in full alert in season 8 of sg-1 did that one not have sheilds?

Comment

I don't know,but in sg-1 bounty an tel'tac has shields and they aren't exactley strong.
            But maybe they did like the atlantis expedition did convert a cloak in to a shield.
            Caus maney has said that al'kesh don't have shields but they have stronger hull.
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
            X