This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe said said SGU will be story driven.

“We’re focusing less on — in fact, we’re not even focusing at all on going to the planets and meeting the humanoid, English-speaking aliens,” Mallozzi said in an interview with About.com. “It’s less that focus on Our Hero and more on an ensemble cast.”
    What do you guys think about this? I'm not really sure what to think about this, because of this "...we’re not even focusing at all on going to the planets and meeting the humanoid, English-speaking aliens."

Does this mean they wont be focusing on gate travel, or that they don't focus on gating to worlds with English speaking humans? ...so, it's either a good thing or a bad thing.

So what do you think?

Joe on SGU
    Last edited by Blistna; 09 February 2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: Wrong title...oops.

I hope they won't spend more than 2-3 episodes only on the ship in the first season. I would like to see new aliens, planets, gate systems.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I thinking the opposite, I hope they spend about 5+ episodes in first half of the season, on the vessel learning how to operate the vessel systems and carrying out repairs, as well as solving various problems. Their first little adventure should happen after they get to know the vessel and learn to fly the shuttles and organise resource, train civilians, learn the layout of the vessel and so on. It should take them weeks or more to do that.

The crew should not have it so easy like they did in Atlantis, where they were all organise and exploring planets by 3 or 4ep.

Comment

Maybe they can combinate our wishes : finding new races + discovering the secrets of Destiny + character drama.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It sounds like it will be more about the ship and people and less on the exploration that we saw in SG1 and SGA
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Maybe they can combinate our wishes : finding new races + discovering the secrets of Destiny + character drama.
            I agree with Platschu; having more character-driven episodes & more story arcs will be good; however stand-alone eps, exploring the Destiny (one thing they should of had more of with Atlantis, they sort of abandoned the 'lets explore the city' episodes as time went by ) & meeting new races would also be absolutely awesome as well - here's hoping they get them mix right.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It sounds like it will be more about the ship and people and less on the exploration that we saw in SG1 and SGA
              But why can't it be about both? I want them to use the Stargate frequently, not just one episode a season! I mean this is Stargate!

But we shall see! I would be happy if they explored the ship, though. But the way I see it, they could have a crew off world for two-three episodes, and go back and forth between the crew on the ship. Because there is no reason why they can't do these episodes in real time, and have a crew off world for an extended amount of time. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                But why can't it be about both? I want them to use the Stargate frequently, not just one episode a season! I mean this is Stargate!

But we shall see! I would be happy if they explored the ship, though. But the way I see it, they could have a crew off world for two-three episodes, and go back and forth between the crew on the ship. Because there is no reason why they can't do these episodes in real time, and have a crew off world for an extended amount of time. That would be cool.
                I'm not saying it won't be both. SG1/SGA dealt with their home base and exploration offworld with more emphasis on exploration. I see SGU having more ephasis on the home base then exploration. But TPTB aren't stupid enough to get rid of what made Stargate a success and that is walking through that round object to other planets
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                  I agree. Seeing the crew exploring the ship and encountering problems on it would be nice, but I'd still like to see them exploring other planets. I think there will be a mix of the two. After all, it's not Stargate if you don't use the Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    This has me concerned a little. Stargate's formula for success thus far has been based exploration of new planets and meeting new races. After all it is Stargate, so we should see travel through the gate as much as possible.

If I wanted more about the people and the ship I would just watch BSG.
                    sigpic

Comment

A stargate show without the stargate?? mmmmm surely not.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well since they are stranded on that ship and have to survive off of it i think they will be spending atleast 3 to 5 episodes on the vessel trying to figure out all the bells whistles of the ship but i hope they do a new take on the ship because well we saw the Aurora class ship before and many fans might be able to spot some things (annoying things - dont know what though) of the ship that new viewers might not.

Comment

To me Joe has worded this very cryptically, why bother saying 'the humanoid, English-speaking aliens'? I don't think it outright means they're going to stop exploring through the stargate.

Comment

will there be an enemy at all?

or is the enemy each other?

Comment

I wish they keep exploring new planets and meets new aliens species and cultures, since its what make Stargate a success and make me a fan of the series. New galaxies open a new realms of possibilities for this. I would like to see more technologically advanced aliens.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X