This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This show really surprised me

I was actually really surprised by just how good this show is, Ive seen all the episodes that aired, I only really watched it because Im a big stargate fan and cos of Amanda Tapping,

It really reminds of Torchwood, minus the sex obviously.....

But really the show has huge potential, and has been brilliantly done so far, I think it could do with being a bit darker and more adult....
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Glad you liked it. Me too.

What do you mean by "more adult"?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I think making it "more adult" would also dial up the sci-fi cheese factor.... It doesn't need sex to make it more watchable. Besides, this way, we can use our imaginations!

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
      (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

i don't think PJ meant adult - sex. i think PJ means more serious. but i disagree, i think the balance of seriousness and fun is just right.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

I'd say it's actually a more mature show than most. Mature as opposed to adult I mean. I think it gets the blend just right.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            i don't think PJ meant adult - sex. i think PJ means more serious. but i disagree, i think the balance of seriousness and fun is just right.
            It needs blood and guts LOL
            And some serious confrontations

I think right now its just about right. It should stay that way and not try to spell everything out so ppl understand. Yeh, if you dont get it, if you need a drawing, change the channel.

Comment

Working...
            X