This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation: Is Sheppard a descendant of the Ancients

I've tried my best to scroll through all the threads in this folder just to see if this has been discussed previously but I haven't seen any sign of it as yet. I apologize if I'm treading on old ground but I'm new here...

I've been wondering for quite some time now if the people from earth who have the ancient gene aren't directly descended from the Ancients ie Sheppard, Beckett... some of them took off to earth to escape the Wraith threat and probably settled down on earth at least for a while. Sheppard's natural ability to handle Ancient tech intrigues me... it is as if he is one of them. I'm sure it's possible... afterall they wrote Daniel back into SG1.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Well obviously for him to have the gene, either the Ancients breeded with humans or put the gene into our genome for later usage.

Spoilers for "Hot Zone"

Its stated that some Ancients were troubled by leaving behind family and loved ones when they Acended, so I guess they did marry and have little ancient/human kids.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
      Well obviously for him to have the gene, either the Ancients breeded with humans or put the gene into our genome for later usage.

Spoilers for "Hot Zone"

Its stated that some Ancients were troubled by leaving behind family and loved ones when they Acended, so I guess they did marry and have little ancient/human kids.
      If they used the thingememgy to recreate humans, they wouldn't want them to make the same mistake they did. So IHMO, they had to intermarry for us to have the gene to operate their tech. And probably doing that they didn't tell the people they married that they were the Ancients.

Comment

from what i understand, arent we all kind of descendants of the ancients, and that only some possess the special gene?
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          from what i understand, arent we all kind of descendants of the ancients, and that only some possess the special gene?
          What you are saying is that had to use someone or something to copy afterward?

Comment

I have been think about this for while but I think that sheppared is somehow the “chosen one” by that I mean the ancients in there high realm may have fore-seen this therefore left little clues here and there to help SGA, my guess is this will be revealed towards to end of Atlantis although that’s far in future.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Congratulations on your 1000 posts and second glowy green block greytop.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                Do you mean "we" as in the ones labeled as humans in the TV show, or do you think the show's a "historical document" [see Galaxy Quest], and "we" means all of us!?!

Just kidding!

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero

Spoilers for "Hot Zone"

Out of curiosity, but when did they mention that in "Hot Zone"? I rewatched that episode and it was never mentioned.... Are you sure you're not thinking of "Sanctuary"?
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

People who have the ATA gene are just further along the evolutionary path.

We are the same as the Ancients, they are the ultimate evolutionary form of homosapien.

Or am I wrong?

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
                    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
                    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
                    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
                    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
                    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

It was in Sanctuary, I just watched it
                      Wier: Nice work Rodney!
                      McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
                      Wier: Yes, several times....
                      [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by waz
                        It was in Sanctuary, I just watched it
                        Woohoo! I was right! Haven't seen Sanctuary yet, but I knew it

I heard it was an amazing episode.
                        sigpic
                        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                          Woohoo! I was right! Haven't seen Sanctuary yet, but I knew it

I heard it was an amazing episode.
                          Was it a guess or have you started read peoples minds

Comment

Speculation: I think Sheppard has the gene because he, along with Jack and everyone else who has it, is slightly further along on the evolutionary chain than most humans. Humanity as a whole will eventually get there. Remember, our evolution was initiated by the Ancients. Maybe they pre-programmed evolution not only to evolve creatures that looked just like them, but people that eventually would basically be Ancients.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ancients Rising
                              People who have the ATA gene are just further along the evolutionary path.

We are the same as the Ancients, they are the ultimate evolutionary form of homosapien.

Or am I wrong?
                              See my earlier post (number 8 in this thread)...

Or do you seriously think that the story about the Ancients is real?

In the Stargate universe (as in "fiction", as far as I know), Ancients are the possible evolutionary result for all humans, since, like Sheppard alluded to, they and humans are "family".

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Working...
                              X