Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requiem (814)

Spoiler:
    Just as Oliver is announcing to the LuthorCorp board of executives that Queen Industries has bought controlling interest in LuthorCorp a bomb detonates in the meeting room. Clark and Lana investigate the bombing and discover that the bomb was made with kryptonite. Lana also discovers that her suit not only gives her strength and speed, but absorbs kryptonite radiation as well. The bombmaker, Winslow Schott, a former Queen Industries employee now under the employ of Lex, plants another bomb on the roof of the Daily Planet. When Lana absorbs the kryptonite in this bomb to deactivate it, she becomes so irradiated that she and Clark can never again be near each other. Clark tracks Lex down, but Lana stops him from doing something he would regret, and Lex's mobile safe-house explodes. To keep from harming Clark, Lana leaves Smallville, again.

There was a lot in this episode that I thought was incredible and really made it one of the best episodes of all 8 seasons.

I know I've complained a lot about the Clark/Lana stuff here and other places the last few years but I thought it was nicely done here. I had no idea that was gonna happen and it was a nice surprise.

You could tell it wasn't MR playing Lex but it didn't seem to matter.
    Spoiler:
    Not sure I buy that he's really dead either.

I loved what they did with Oliver. It strikes at the chasm between him and Clark and really offers two completely different views on how to handle being a hero. It was done a lot better last night than it was in 'Bulletproof'

My favorite part of the episode? The Toymaker! He's always been a weak villain for Superman (the darkest I've ever seen Toymaker written was in a Batman story) I absolutely loved seeing him written so well.

I'm still disappointed that we haven't seen Lois since the show returned though
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That is unusual about lois not being any of the recent episodes but im sure after watching this episode that they know what and when and how they are going to incorporate the off/on main characters.

Maybe lol

Comment

lex obviously isn't dead.
        he wasn't in the truck he was watching the explosion on his screen and was really somewhere else.
        the remains they found were of a clone he put there.
        he faked his own death so that they'll stop looking for him.

Comment

i loved this episode, im not much of a clana fan but tonights episode was awesome, what a way to write her out of the show

i believe louis/davis are back next week? cant wait

and toyman was awesome

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
          lex obviously isn't dead.
          he wasn't in the truck he was watching the explosion on his screen and was really somewhere else.
          the remains they found were of a clone he put there.
          he faked his own death so that they'll stop looking for him.
          either that or a body double
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 06 February 2009, 02:49 PM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            either that or a body double
            If it's not him it's a clone. They identified the remains as his.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Spoiler:
              Oh please, please please please please let this be the last time we ever see Lana. Please.
              Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

I can say that I'm glad the Clark/Lana storyline is finally over. I wish Lois was there in at least ONE of these Clark/Lana episodes to kinda lay it down on Clark, "wtf were you doing going after me and now you're running back to Lana?!"

Was that a Teryl Rothery cameo (Dr. Fraiser on SG-1) in the opening scene talking to Oliver Queen?
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                  Was that a Teryl Rothery cameo (Dr. Fraiser on SG-1) in the opening scene talking to Oliver Queen?
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                    Chris Gauthier, who played Winslow Schott (bombmaker) also has Stargate connections, he was in both Ark of Truth and a Atlantis episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
                      Chris Gauthier, who played Winslow Schott (bombmaker) also has Stargate connections, he was in both Ark of Truth and a Atlantis episode.
                      I don't think I remember seeing him on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

I'm still disappointed that we haven't seen Lois since the show returned though
                        I'm also disappointed that Lois hasn't been in these past few episodes.
                        Spoiler:
                        But now that Lana's gone, maybe they'll bring Lois back and have some more episodes of Clark and Lois getting closer.

And they barley mentioned Jimmy and how he's doing, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cflat View Post
                          And they barley mentioned Jimmy and how he's doing, too.
                          Yeah, Chloe doesn't seem too concerned about it.

Comment

Yeah, Chloe doesn't seem too concerned about it.
                            Yeah, I've noticed that too.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If it's not him it's a clone. They identified the remains as his.
                              Definitely a clone. Come on, we know the real Lex can't be dead.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X