Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5: The Original Series (But from a different Perspective)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5: The Original Series (But from a different Perspective)

I've always liked the idea of telling a very solid story as-is and then after its all said and done retelling the story but from a different perspective - basically the events that you didn't see in the original telling but were going on at the same time.

So what do you think it would be like to see Babylon 5 but from a different perspective - say from the perspective of the Vorlons and Shadows wherein we see the previously behind the scenes events? or perhaps the PsiCorps?
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

As I am commencing viewing the entire series again starting with the movie "In the beginning" I will have to give that supposition some thought. It's been many years, but I recall that some of the episodes were from perspectives of the various cast members, and were there not one or two episodes that were Psicorp centric? I also recall reading once upon a time that JMS had either a script for a Psicorp series or movie with Walter Keonig as the lead. I guess nothing ever came of that.

Part of me thinks the movie "Legend of the Rangers" was an attempt to sort of test out that concept, and as it did not do very well, it was perhaps indicative the Babylon 5 audience was not interested in a larger arc from a perspective other then that which they loved.
    ---------------------
    sigpic
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
      As I am commencing viewing the entire series again starting with the movie "In the beginning" I will have to give that supposition some thought. It's been many years, but I recall that some of the episodes were from perspectives of the various cast members, and were there not one or two episodes that were Psicorp centric? I also recall reading once upon a time that JMS had either a script for a Psicorp series or movie with Walter Keonig as the lead. I guess nothing ever came of that.

Part of me thinks the movie "Legend of the Rangers" was an attempt to sort of test out that concept, and as it did not do very well, it was perhaps indicative the Babylon 5 audience was not interested in a larger arc from a perspective other then that which they loved.
      If you've seen Lost or BSG, the episodes where they show the other survivors or the events from 18 months ago ('No Exit') are prime examples. The events occurred concurrently as others previously shown, but the stories were told sometime after the original episodes aired.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
      X