Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new spinoff, the movies and season 9 (spoilers for season 9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new spinoff, the movies and season 9 (spoilers for season 9)

I don't want to take credit for other people's work, so I'll just post a link to the information: http://www.exisle.net/mb/index.php?showtopic=22885.

In case you can't find the link in his link, click here. I don't know what to make of this, we've seen some confusing things regarding season nine, so I wonder what's gonna happen.
    Rocky

Comment

It looks like a non-news story. The directors were asked about next season's cast, and weren't able to answer because it's all still being negotiated.

They seem to think it's likely that Don Davis will appear, though that seems obvious enough. I don't think it'd necessarily be as a regular.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

They better do SG-1 movies, they'd be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          It looks like a non-news story. The directors were asked about next season's cast, and weren't able to answer because it's all still being negotiated.

They seem to think it's likely that Don Davis will appear, though that seems obvious enough. I don't think it'd necessarily be as a regular.
          Apparently at Vulkon in November (not sure of the date) DSD said if there was a S9, then Hammond would probably make some appearances. At the L3 this past weekend PDL and MW were throwing things out to the audience like: don't wish your favorite character onto Atlantis they might miss out on thier own spin-off. Then they mentioned Stargate: Daniel or Stargate: Carter, and so on. Were they serious? Who knows? Just remember this is PDL and MW and are they ever serious?

It will sure be interesting to see what happens in the next few months, that's for sure!

Dana Jeanne
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

New spin off´s? I don´t know what I should think about it. I like Sam and I like Daniel (especially Daniel) but I doubt that one of them (and the same is be true for Teal´c or Jack) would be alone as interesting than as a part of the team.
            Maybe they should do what I found once in a Gateworld poll: "Stargate: Aris Boch -Bounty Hunter"

But honestly:Before they do more spin-off´s I want the big SG 1 movie with all four team-members in it, about which the producers have so often talked about in the past!

Comment

I would love a spin off, something like, Stargate: Home World Security, or something from the asgaurds point of view, has there been spinofs from oter shows that compleatly switch what the show is a about?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I think it maybe too early for a spin-off Atlantis is still in it's first season we need for time. The worst thing they could do at moment is to lunch another spin-off in next year or two. Star Trek is good example of a show that was overdone with one spin-off after another and now look the concept is almost dead, people get bored and look for something new.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Or a spin off about Teal'c? What about Jack? A sort of mini series that goes deep into their pasts and their darkest secerts? Or a spin off about Alternate realities? That would make for a good show. Every week they would show a world involing the SGC or some character from SG-1.

Maybe...

Comment

Star Trek got old ebcause 4 of the 5 shows are the same thing, over and over again.

Stargate is new and freash, if they do another "team goes through Stargate" series then it will be old and boring.

I still think the next likely step will be a ship show, a space ship not a soap oprea, we already one, it's called SG-1.

But is this really news through? Obviously they need more charaters, so that would be Hammond. I ahte the new doctor, so I hope she isn't back. The news of a movie is "duh", they have been wanting to do one for years and years. Lost City and Rising are both movie ideas. The spinoff is also a duh. They were planning the Atlantis spinoff since season 2, but all the info they gave us for years was it was called "Atlantis", so of course they have spinoff ideas in their heads.
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                      I would love a spin off, something like, Stargate: Home World Security, or something from the asgaurds point of view, has there been spinofs from oter shows that compleatly switch what the show is a about?
                      Well, the spin-off from "Cheers" ("Fraiser"), was a totaly difrent idea to the original. I just hope they wait four or five years before doing another spin off. I really would like to see a movie though, of either SG1 or Atlantis.

I just hope that more people would realise the genious of Stargate. I could be bigger than Star Trek and Star Wars put together!
                      Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
                      Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
                      Citizen Joe

Comment

Star Trek is dead, and if Star Wars 3 is as bad as the last two then we might see Stargate being bigger than the others.
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

i REALLY hope they do a movie of SG1!!!!!!!!!!

as for another spinoff, i hope they wait, but here's a couple thoughts:

stargate: the pentagon
                          stargate: tok'ra
                          stargate: asgard or stargate: thor
                          stargate: replicarter
                          stargate: major davis (hey! i'd watch it! )
                          stargate: chevron guy
                          stargate: kelowna
                          stargate: SG3
                          stargate: hammond

Comment

Maybe they could make a movie that involved both SG-1 and Atlantis. That could be pretty cool. But they really really really should make another movie anyway. I mean; there are sooooo many things that they could do! If season 9 might be the last season then they should definitely get a movie done.

But hey, maybe its just wishful thinking.

Comment

yeah Jack Lover. Good idea. My we had a good time earlier at the cafe, picking apart the entire SG universe... what fun...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X