Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape #2 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape #2 Comic Discussion Thread (Spoilers!)

Might as well get the party started, since issue #2 comes out in 2 days on Feb 4th!

This link shows two of the covers as well as the first 6 pages for those of you who are antsy:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...boomfirsts.htm

Is anyone going to hold off for the Graphic Novel now? I'd like too, but I'm too impatient. I'll just eat some extra ramen for a day or two.

Do we need a new thread for each comic, or is this over kill? I just don't want to spoil things for people who may be behind.

A new thread for each issue is probably best. That way, we don't have to use spoiler tags all the time.

I can't wait to get my hands on this Wednesday.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I must say, the first 6 pages are very good. Just like Issue #1. They definitely have the proper "voices" of the characters down.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hi, all!

BOOM Studios will have a booth at the NYC Comic Con this weekend.

Just sayin'! I'll be stopping by!
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

^^Have fun.

John: "All right it's quality family time." LOL!

One niggle in the dialogue for one of the Hynerians on page 5, he says "ain't" in the second to last panel. That's not a slang contraction they would use, especially since they haven't been around Crichton.

Otherwise...

And no I don't think a separate thread for each issue is overkill. We don't have much else going on in this folder so it's not like they are clutter. Saves on having to use spoiler tags and spoiling someone on accident.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've read the reviews you guys had of issue one. If you guys don't mind... when you go over issue two compare and contrast the art for me. I want the book to be good for you guys. Be as harsh as you want to be!!!! I want the book to satisfy. Any and all comments welcome.

Issue 2 will be out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Patterson View Post
              Hey guys,

I've read the reviews you guys had of issue one. If you guys don't mind... when you go over issue two compare and contrast the art for me. I want the book to be good for you guys. Be as harsh as you want to be!!!! I want the book to satisfy. Any and all comments welcome.

Wow, how cool is that, an invite to bite from the artist! Just kidding - the artwork I've seen looks way above the norm.

Just sayin', can't wait to pick up my copy at the Comic Con - hey, wish you were coming, Mr. Patterson!
              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
              sigpic
              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hey guys,

I can't wait to pick up Issue #2. And thanks a lot for taking the time to swing by this forum. Glad to know you appreciate fan input.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

According to boom-studios.net, it's already sold out. Luckily I got my subscription ages ago... still, sold out on day 1? I suppose it's subscription related - you could actually pre order 2-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackened View Post
                    According to boom-studios.net, it's already sold out. Luckily I got my subscription ages ago... still, sold out on day 1? I suppose it's subscription related - you could actually pre order 2-4.
                    Possibly. When I bought #1, I went on and pre-ordered the rest. And maybe comic book stores ordered more this time around.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I just picked mine up, I went with the Rygel cover, even though I initially thought I would get the Aeryn/John one. Rygel is just drawn so well. My store also had a variant of the Rygel that was black and white, I probably should have grabbed it, but didn't for whatever reason. There were only 3 copies, including the variant, when I got there, so somebody is buying these.

Review soon.

Comment

Wow, I gotta say, I liked it again. Though just like the first issue, it's frustrating that it's so short and ends on a cliffhanger (not that I wasn't expecting that).

For our new artist member, thanks for coming to the thread! I am a complete Comic novice, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt. Overall I like the art style, but it seems like there is something wrong with the mouths of the main characters. When they are closed, they look more like the real actors, but when they are open it doesn't seem as consistent. I mentioned in the other thread that I thought Jothee looks a little off too. He looks great as a generic Luxan, but he doesn't look a lot like Jothee to me. I think it's his nose (looks just plain human, shouldn't there be a scar?)
                        Scorpy looked great (though perhaps a little to strong in the neck/body at times.) I loved the Starburst as well.

Anyway, not trying to nitpick, those are just my thoughts. I can't imagine how hard it is to draw characters that people are so used to seeing in real life. Loved the issue again, and can't wait for more.

I'm regretting not getting that black and white cover now....do they do that sort of thing (unannounced variants) a lot?

Oh yeah, and the cover for #3 in the back of the issue looks great. I love it.
                        http://www.boom-studios.net/media/ca...Scape_003A.jpg

Looks like I will be 3 for 3 on Cover A's

Comment

Scorpius appears? Can't wait to get mine now.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out what seems off to you Randy. Working on a page right now with some mouth stretching screams going on. I'll give the mouths a double look. And yes Scorps was a little too built. I had a couple major corrections on him. My super hero style trying to come through. I gotta fight it off.

I feel issue three being a turning point on the faces. So issue four should be the best one. Killer ending coming up!

If you guys stick with it and allow us to get into a groove then I image you'll get your Farscape fix for a long while.

Comment

Thanks for pointing out what seems off to you Randy. Working on a page right now with some mouth stretching screams going on. I'll give the mouths a double look. And yes Scorps was a little too built. I had a couple major corrections on him. My super hero style trying to come through. I gotta fight it off.

I feel issue three being a turning point on the faces. So issue four should be the best one. Killer ending coming up!

If you guys stick with it and allow us to get into a groove then I image you'll get your Farscape fix for a long while.
                              I sure hope we get more Farscape for a long while, my friend. I will definitely continue buying these comics.

Issue #2 was just as good as Issue #1 was, and I can't wait to see where this story continues to go. Having Scorpius thrown into the mix, again seemingly the bad guy, is so awesome.

Overall, you guys at Boom are doing a great job. And again, thank you for taking an interest in what we fans think.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X