X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumour: Furlings for Third SG-1 Movie?

http://www.scificompanion.com/?p=471

Third Stargate SG 1 Movie: Furlings!

Some friends of mine up in Vancouver cavort around with Bridge Studio folks and there’s a very exciting rumor that got brought up. “Project Terzo” is already known to focus on Jack O’Neill and finally the Furlings!

The Furlings were the fourth race in the great alliance with the Ancients, the Asgard, and the Nox. To the SGC’s knowledge, they have never encountered the Furlings and don’t know what they look like or even if they still exist. The Furlings are first mentioned in the episode, 2.16 “The Fifth Race”.

Brad Wright stated his goal is to reunite as many of the SG-1 cast as possible, and I’m betting fans will meet the fourth race. Executive Producer Carl Binder would be co-writing the movie with Wright. Amanda Tapping has stated that she will be appearing in Project Terzo and the first Atlantis movie, with both to film at the same time, in late spring or early summer of 2009.
    It's still rumour but it will be interesting if true! (Sorry if it's been posted already)

it would be fun to see the Furling
    Xbox-360 is now
    Ps-3 is the future

Comment

I thought people might like to read this before taking the article seriously.

Science Fiction News, Parody and Spoof

This is your home for sci fi news. Well, it's part news and part parody. Think of us as a the lamer geek cousin of the Onion. I may poke fun of all things science fiction and fantasy, but I only tease the ones I love.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

There were "real" Furlings in 200...
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I bet it will be really ironic when they don't have fur LOL

Comment

Not seeing the furlings is a joke. It is an intentional joke the producers are playing. To actually see the furlings would break this joke, why don't people understand that?
            I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

I seem to remember Brad Wright ruling out the Furlings in this one. Am I remembering incorrectly, or did he say that?

Comment

I think the Furlings are pretty much forgotten anyways...

Comment

I would be okay if the Furlings showed up in a clever way, like they don't ever mention the name, but us long-timers know it's them by the story and the markings.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

I think there is only one way I would be happy for the Furlings to be revealed and that is subtly. Like, SG-1 meets a race, has an adventure with them, and the right at the end of the movie the aliens could crack a line along the lines of 'We were is this big 4 species alliance once, but you won't have heard of it'. And that could leave SG-1 and the audience thinking 'Could it be?'
                    For me thats the only way I would want to meet the furlings.

Comment

If the furlings really end up looking like that thing in the article i'm gonna die laughing

Comment

I hope so, but this is too good to be true.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sllimy View Post
                          I think there is only one way I would be happy for the Furlings to be revealed and that is subtly. Like, SG-1 meets a race, has an adventure with them, and the right at the end of the movie the aliens could crack a line along the lines of 'We were is this big 4 species alliance once, but you won't have heard of it'. And that could leave SG-1 and the audience thinking 'Could it be?'
                          For me thats the only way I would want to meet the furlings.
                          I read a fanfic once that did basically that. It could work.

But no, no Furlings... not going to happen. Anything they could do would be a let down, and they need to keep some things mysterious. Plus, I think TPTB have come to regret the unfortunately furry-sounding name... it has too many associations with Ewoks.
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I want to see some Furlings! GIVE ME FURLINGS!! NOW!!! ---
                            sigpic

Comment

no matter whether the furlings r in the movie or not, people wil be disappointed with them either way.
                              there has been so much speculation about them and people's imagination goin on about them also, that however the furlings r depicted, if they r, people wil d disappointed one way or another.
                              i personally would love 2 c the furlings, but wud rather not c them than 2 b disappointed with them, and 2 just leave people's imaginations on the furlings goin

Comment

Working...
                              X