PDA

View Full Version : Ford in atlantis movie?

major davis
January 31st, 2009, 07:52 AM
Would anyone like to see the ford storyline wrapped up in one of the movies(doesn't mean it has to be the main story, i just want to see resolution for the story. What do you guys think

aweeasian
January 31st, 2009, 08:11 AM
I thought the story was resolved. He blew up on the hive ship...
Just because John said he wouldn't be surprised if he saw him again doesn't mean he will. I think it adds realism to the show that John wouldn't be surprised. Because then if they brought back Ford it'd be like "Hey, it's like you predicted the future of something John!"

Bey0nd
January 31st, 2009, 08:12 AM
I though he had a good send off, keeps you guessing as how it ended up. Some stuff you shouldn't finish, like Italian Job's cliff-hanger.

jelgate
January 31st, 2009, 08:18 AM
Nope. In my mind his story was finishied when the Hive ship blew up

kennythewraith
January 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
I though he had a good send off, keeps you guessing as how it ended up. Some stuff you shouldn't finish, like Italian Job's cliff-hanger.

a sequel to to that movie is being devoloped lol
fords dead,the writers and producers have all said that he died on the hive ship.but they could always change that if they come up with a good idea for him.

Cavil
January 31st, 2009, 08:52 AM
I hope not, Ford was lame.

Thunderbird 2
January 31st, 2009, 09:02 AM
I would not say Ford was "lame" - simply underused, then thrown out the airlock. - He went boom well good! As did Drs Beckett and Weir.

At the start of season 5, Ford made a blink and you'll miss him apearance in a nightmare that Shepperd is having. Fors is wearing his Atlantris uniform and its clear hat Shepperd has inner deamons that he never could save Ford.

The same trick was used for Teal'c in The Changleing - written by Chris Judge, where Apophis pops up in halucinations in a hospital. Peter Williams popped up as the character, as he would again for his brief cameo in Continuum. However, Apophis is dead and gone as a marker of SG1's early days.

I think the same is true of Ford. Plus Dr Weir. :sheppardanime32::beckettanime09:

Wolf O'Donnell
January 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
I would love to see him again although i think the best use of him should have been in Vegas.

Chevron 40
January 31st, 2009, 09:14 AM
The unfortunate thing is, i liked Ford, he was like the kid in with the big boys, able to keep up and had to remind them of that more than once :)

The way they ended his character makes it hard as hell for them to bring him back with the multitude of fans scoffing h4x or something.

I liked Ford, shame how they wrote his end in, i would love for him to make a reappearence though.

C40

nymbyss
January 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM
i don't care if he comes back ,however i can't see it happening the movies need to move past that and deal with other lines of events, that are more realistic and exciting i dont think ford's return would help in that respect, just my to cents

BIG_GATE_HEAD
January 31st, 2009, 09:41 AM
I hope that if they do bring ford back it only takes about the first 10 minutes of the first movie and its like that captured him or he turned his self in, the fixed him and hes is now safe and fine on earth. I never really liked the ford story line. However, I am and have always been a huge Dr Weir fan and a Dr. Beckett fan. I always love their story lines. I also want to see more Fran, she is smoking hot! One more thing, Scifi killed Atlantis and SG1 !!!

Major_Griff
January 31st, 2009, 11:53 AM
I wish they didn't have Shep say how he wouldn't be surprised if Ford survived because having him blow up on a hive ship saving the team would have put such a nice bow on his story and not have people thinking he could come back.

That said, Ford did actually become interesting with the SuperFord storyline so having him show up might be cool IF they finally resolve the story once and for all.

Replicator Todd
January 31st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Yeah im'm hoping to see Ford in the Atlantis movie, I get the feeling he is not even close to dead.

Flyboy
January 31st, 2009, 12:14 PM
You know...there's this BIIIIIIIG river in Egypt...

Muh_tuttles
January 31st, 2009, 02:52 PM
You know...there's this BIIIIIIIG river in Egypt...

:confused:

jelgate
January 31st, 2009, 03:22 PM
:confused:

The (de)Nile river:P

SG-18
January 31st, 2009, 03:55 PM
No I rather his resolution never be known. Let it be something for the fans to ponder.

the fifth man
January 31st, 2009, 05:56 PM
Dead or alive, Ford's time has past. I don't see us ever getting a definitive answer on what happened to him.

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2009, 10:44 AM
Blademos writes: “ [...] 6. What ever happen to Lt. Ford when the hive ship went BOOM? [...]

Answers: [...] 6. We can assume we went down (or “up” as the case may be) with the ship. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/january-31-2009-ill-take-a-dvd-an-eight-track-cassette-and-a-tincture-of-laudanum/

Platschu
February 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM
AU Ford or AU SuperFord can return for the Atlantis movie, but no more resurrection, please. "Our" Ford died and we have to accept it. ;)

Crazedwraith
February 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, its not going to happen.

It really should. The Hive was most definitely not a proper send off.

Madwelshboy
February 2nd, 2009, 01:52 AM
I'm more than happy to leave things as they are. Its very believable that he died when the hive exploded. I dont see the point in exploring it any further.

Phantom6
February 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
One more thing, Scifi killed Atlantis and SG1 !!!

I was under the impression that MGM killed Atlantis in favor of the cheaper and more profitable Movies.

jelgate
February 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I was under the impression that MGM killed Atlantis in favor of the cheaper and more profitable Movies.

Yes and no. It was muntal agreement between SciFI and MGM that SGU had the potential to earn more profit then SGA

Jumper_One
February 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM

SGA's cancellation was a creative decision, Atlantis was offed to make way for SGU. SCI FI wanted a SG show to run either way

Ziel
February 4th, 2009, 04:21 AM
The way they ''ended'' his character's story wasn't mighty.

When I heard that he'd be in season 5 I expected some actual appearance, not as a vision to Sheppard

Quite disappointed.

In season 2 after the enzyme addition he became a good well-defined character.
TPTB killed him off when he was starting to fill his potential.

In order to give a decent ending I would like to see some sort of appearance from him in the movie.

Colonel Forte
February 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Well, what about this? I came up with this while speculating in other threads.

General O'Neill and General Landry, among other military personnel, argue that while Earth is relatively safe at the moment, the Wraith could still pose a threat. Does the Atlantis expedition really know that no other hives have the location of Earth? Pegasus is sent back to "finish the fight" as it were, despite the IOA's objections because of a clever argument by Woolsy (who's been waiting to give them the finger since almost being replaced as expedition leader). Ford reappears now that the Replicators are eliminated and Michael is finished and the focus has shifted back to the Wraith. Quick flashback to explain how he survived. He can't have the expedition eliminating his enzyme source, and he's stronger now. Quick flashback to explain how his constant exposure to the enzyme has made him stronger and smarter (or something). Shepard and co. put together a plan to stop and fix Ford once and for all. Enter a subplot regarding Ronan's insecurity about his position on the team if Ford returns. Ford is stopped, fixed and everything he learned about the Wraith and the enzyme gives the expedition another edge over the Wraith (future movie). Close Ronan's subplot by showing Ford, now fixed, returning to Earth to take care of his grandma and Shepard tells him how he, as Han, can't take out the Wraith, his Empire, without Ronan, his Chewbacca.

Ziel
February 5th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Close Ronan's subplot by showing Ford, now fixed, returning to Earth to take care of his grandma and Shepard tells him how he, as Han, can't take out the Wraith, his Empire, without Ronan, his Chewbacca.

Lol! brillant!

Commander Zelix
February 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM

Yeah, at the beginning of Atlantis it seems pretty clear that the writer didn't have anything to write for his character. Pre enzyme ford was a bore, even if there was some good moments. But the enzyme Ford was pretty cool. He was like the good guy turned psycho. I wish they would have stick with him at that time (but they didn't). Finally, there was a special quality to his character!

Malviris
February 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Hmm it would be pretty good for him to return but ehh dont know if it would be in good terms hehe.

Stargate Steve
February 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I think it would be cool to see SuperFord again, but I doubt TPTB will want to spend anytime on him in a movie. If the series had continued he might have been brought back for one more ep.

akren
February 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Insofar as I am aware he blew up on the Hive ship, John also had nightmares about not saving him as well? :P

Hong3103
February 8th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Well TPTB have already stated that he went up with the ship... so he's pretty much gone.

Underutilized and underdeveloped by TPTB but at the same time Rainbow didn't really do a great job acting either IMHO.

Replicator Todd
February 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
There is always the option of AR's.

Ziel
February 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah, at the beginning of Atlantis it seems pretty clear that the writer didn't have anything to write for his character. Pre enzyme ford was a bore, even if there was some good moments. But the enzyme Ford was pretty cool. He was like the good guy turned psycho. I wish they would have stick with him at that time (but they didn't). Finally, there was a special quality to his character!
Excactly!!

Well TPTB have already stated that he went up with the ship... so he's pretty much gone.

There is always the option of AR's.
Lol, I was just thinking that when I was reading the above mentioned post.

Don't forget clones,etc.

Colonel Forte
February 10th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Lol! brillant!

I'm glad someone read what I wrote. Thanks.:ronan:

Ziel
February 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
You're welcome!!

WishIwasJoes
February 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
The unfortunate thing is, i liked Ford, he was like the kid in with the big boys, able to keep up and had to remind them of that more than once :)

The way they ended his character makes it hard as hell for them to bring him back with the multitude of fans scoffing h4x or something.

I liked Ford, shame how they wrote his end in, i would love for him to make a reappearence though.

C40

I agree. I really like his character and was bummed to see him go. He was light and refreshing, which was what the show needed since they were in such dire trouble. I didn;t care for Ronon too much. The actor was awesome but the way he was writen was like the writers were trying to remind themselves they were MEN! roar!

NIKIN
February 11th, 2009, 12:25 AM
a sequel to to that movie is being devoloped lol
fords dead,the writers and producers have all said that he died on the hive ship.but they could always change that if they come up with a good idea for him.

actually there wont be a sequel to it, it ended on a clever cliff hanger and that was that

But as for ford, I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but only if they write it well. If they go ahead and ruin the character I would much rather it was left with the ambiguous "did he die on the hive?" question

IceQueen
February 11th, 2009, 03:50 AM
I think he is done and dusted. To be honest, I would hope the writers would have more solid stories to work with for the films than bringing back someone from the dead (again).

kymeric
February 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Id like to see him as the Han Solo of the Pegasus galaxy! Badazz kinda immoral druggie who makes mistakes but has a good heart. He just needs a chewbacca sidekick and a princess Leia to round him out. The girl to become 'good' for and the sidekick to make him responsible and be his moral compass.

Plenty of material to see what hes been up too these last 4-5 yrs. Wouldnt even hafta really include atlantis either. Infact itd be kinda cool if they showed up after the fact and noticed nothing, like hmmm, lotta dead wraith... weird.

WraithHumor
February 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I would like to see some resolution to this storyline myself. Sheppard even stated he wouldn't be surprised if he survived the Hive explosion and they saw him again one day.

I myself think that Ford being an industrious and cunning guy would of been able to escape the Hive before its destruction.

The resolution I would really like to see, is the Wraith enzyme removed from his system and his return to Earth with his grandparents and cousin. After the terrible question his cousin posted to Sheppard when he visited her, I would hope she would apologize to him and say something along the lines of "I see now that his trust was not misplaced colonel". That is the kind of resolution I would like to see, whether we get it is another matter.

TBH I feel there are more important issues to pursue in the Atlantis movie, such as the new renegade Asgard, Todds fate, the fate of Atlantis, and the fate of the Travelers.

I just hope Lucious (spelling?) is NOT in the Atlantis movie, if he is I'm switching it off and I will loose all respect for SGA. Even though his story arc was kind of wrapped up, I really don't want to see him again, let alone them waste a 2 hr feature length movie on him, even partly. I know I am not alone in this.

I would much prefer Ford over Lucious.

Colonel Forte
February 11th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I just hope Lucious (spelling?) is NOT in the Atlantis movie, if he is I'm switching it off and I will loose all respect for SGA. Even though his story arc was kind of wrapped up, I really don't want to see him again, let alone them waste a 2 hr feature length movie on him, even partly. I know I am not alone in this.

Lucious?

Hong3103
February 12th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Lucious?
That one episode where that one dude that's pretty annoying but everyone hangs off of every word he says and loves him to death... due to the herbs he was putting into people's food. Pretty much does the same thing in Atlantis until Shepard and Beckett foil his plot. :D

Ikaros
February 13th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I would like to see some resolution to this storyline myself. Sheppard even stated he wouldn't be surprised if he survived the Hive explosion and they saw him again one day.

I myself think that Ford being an industrious and cunning guy would of been able to escape the Hive before its destruction.

The resolution I would really like to see, is the Wraith enzyme removed from his system and his return to Earth with his grandparents and cousin. After the terrible question his cousin posted to Sheppard when he visited her, I would hope she would apologize to him and say something along the lines of "I see now that his trust was not misplaced colonel". That is the kind of resolution I would like to see, whether we get it is another matter.

TBH I feel there are more important issues to pursue in the Atlantis movie, such as the new renegade Asgard, Todds fate, the fate of Atlantis, and the fate of the Travelers.

Absolutely agree on every word!!!

Colonel Forte
February 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I can't imagine for the life of me why Lucious would ever make another appearance. I don't think you have to worry about that at all. If ever I saw an irrational fear, that would be one. :daniel:

WraithHumor
February 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I can't imagine for the life of me why Lucious would ever make another appearance. I don't think you have to worry about that at all. If ever I saw an irrational fear, that would be one. :daniel:

You never know, one of the writers might take a turn for the worse and suffer a complete psychological breakdown, nobody might notice this and said writer might include that horrible character in our movie....

My comments were a worst case scenario! I can't help being like McKay :)

Infinite-Possibilities
February 14th, 2009, 01:31 AM
The Ford character got royally screwed over by the writers, more than almost anyone else I can think of offhand. Certainly in the Stargate Atlantis franchise. But despite the fact that he shouldn't have been killed like he was (The PTB, they mentioned sometime later that he died onscreen), at this point even i can't think of a way to write him back in without feeling forced. If they did though, I really wouldn't complain about it at all. I do think he should show up as visions (ala Search and Rescue) in the future sometime though.

AscendedAsgard
February 18th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'd love ford in the movie. But they screwed him up so badly, completely ****ed up his character, I'm really sorry they did because I loved him

Hong3103
February 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Writers can only screw a character up so much. The actor (Rainbow) shares some of the blame too. We all know that the first couple of seasons of any series can be rough when trying to develop a character. It just never felt like it clicked with Rainbow/Ford.

Colonel Forte
February 18th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Writers can only screw a character up so much. The actor (Rainbow) shares some of the blame too. We all know that the first couple of seasons of any series can be rough when trying to develop a character. It just never felt like it clicked with Rainbow/Ford.

What did Rainbow do? Are you talking about his acting ability (or are you suggesting a lack thereof), his characterization or was there something going on behind the scenes?

WraithHumor
February 18th, 2009, 10:15 PM

He only did exactly what the writers told him to do. And honestly I thought he did it quite well, having such a young member on a main StarGate team for once was refreshingly different.

But we all have our likes and dislikes.

But even the Ford haters, you have to agree it would be nice to have some closure to his plot line right?

Iawen
February 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM

It doesn't seem the writers had much of an idea of who most of their characters were on Atlantis; they even said in the commentary for Rising that much of how Sheppard developed was due to how Joe Flanigan played him. Seeing that JF is older and a more experienced actor, he'd have a better idea how to develop a character that writers and directors don't have much development for, but that's a hard thing to do even for experienced actors.

ColCaldwell
February 19th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Hopefully not, I don't want to see that useless character in the movie.

Colonel Forte
February 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hopefully not, I don't want to see that useless character in the movie.

Tell us how you really feel :cameron: I don't want to see him come back unlesse the writers make it really good. Otherwise, leave him dead.

Ziel
February 19th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Tell us how you really feel :cameron: I don't want to see him come back unlesse the writers make it really good. Otherwise, leave him dead.
Agreed, either make it good or don't bother

Descent
February 23rd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the writers consider him dead. Joe said something along those lines in one of his blog posts.

Jumper_One
February 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the writers consider him dead. Joe said something along those lines in one of his blog posts.

;)

Blademos writes: “[...] 6. What ever happen to Lt. Ford when the hive ship went BOOM? [...]"

Answers: ´ 6. We can assume we went down (or “up” as the case may be) with the ship. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/january-31-2009-ill-take-a-dvd-an-eight-track-cassette-and-a-tincture-of-laudanum/

nx01a
February 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Dead. No intention of resurrection. End of story.
3000th post!

major davis
February 23rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
I just want to know(meaning it has to be noted in a stargate episode. not joe's blog) if he is dead or not

nx01a
February 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Nope. We've never had any info on his situation post the hive explosion. Shep's 'vision' was his 'final' appearance, though he was just a figment and it didn't prove he was dead. Still, if the writers say they consider him dead and they'll never write him again, then he's dead.

Hong3103
February 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
What did Rainbow do? Are you talking about his acting ability (or are you suggesting a lack thereof), his characterization or was there something going on behind the scenes?
Lack therof... according to his interview back in 2005 he says he's been in the "Business" since he was 4 (acting I'm assuming). I am by no means an art/drama critique but as as a former U.S. Marine and long time viewer of anything Stargate related I was a bit disappointed by his depiction of a Marine. I'm not expecting Academy Award/Oscar level performance... just something a weee bit better then what we saw in the 1st season of Atlantis.

He only did exactly what the writers told him to do. And honestly I thought he did it quite well, having such a young member on a main StarGate team for once was refreshingly different.

But we all have our likes and dislikes.

But even the Ford haters, you have to agree it would be nice to have some closure to his plot line right?
Personally I have no problems with the way TPTB have closed off the Ford arc. His 2005 Gateworld interview makes it seem like the parting of ways was from both sides and was friendly. If it was friendly or decently friendly parting than why wouldn't the TPTB just bring him back and officially close off the thread rather then through Joe Mallozi's blog.

As a former Marine I would've loved to see Ford's character develop a little more and play a much bigger role...

kennythewraith
February 25th, 2009, 10:45 PM
hes gone...i dont see him coming back anytime soon.and if he does it will be a couple movies away if they cant find a better idea

Spimman
February 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I loved Ford, but I don't see how that could happen.

uss apollo
July 19th, 2009, 06:24 AM
he might of ascended then deascended

suse
July 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Would be nice, but I'd pass out with shock if it happened. They pulled a Jonas with him. :(

suse

XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX
July 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'd like a quick appearance by ford...maybe he pulled a Micheal when the ship exploded

the fifth man
July 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Seeing Ford again would be great. But sadly, it will never happen.

Puddle-Jumper
July 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
I always hoped that he would return to Atlantis... or that at least his faction would form somewhat of an alliance with them, I always liked him, more then Ronan anyway, who was great btw but a but too teal-esque I found..

Steelbox
July 31st, 2009, 12:18 PM
In my opinion he was one of the ones that did not worked out all that well. I stand by the decision of TPTB to kill him, if someone had to die i would say they made the right choice in killing him, at that point of the series. He could have been used as a bodyguard for Rodney in Vegas, when he presents the Stargate program to Sheppard.

Teal'c_PI
August 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Would anyone like to see the ford storyline wrapped up in one of the movies(doesn't mean it has to be the main story, i just want to see resolution for the story. What do you guys think

I'd love to see Aiden brought back, but what they showed in "Search and Rescue"...TPTB have all but consigned him to the Cold Case files. Unfortunately, I doubt they'll do it.

-----

EDIT

Would be nice, but I'd pass out with shock if it happened. They pulled a Jonas with him. :(

Good point!

GoSpikey
August 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Is there a way to block these 'Ford' boards? :P :P :P

tomaso88
August 23rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
I really do hope for the last few movies of atlantis they bring ford back just to make it more of a happier ending

Infinite-Possibilities
August 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Killing Ford off is one thing. Ambiguously terminating his character off screen and then not specifically mentioning it explicitly on the actual show itself ever again is completely inexcusable; in my opinion, anyway.

boyd22
August 29th, 2009, 02:05 AM
didn't want to make another topic for this and its probably been asked before but, was it ever explained exactly why fords eye turned black?

RickWesten
August 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Ford die in the 2 season on a Wraith ship .

Teal'c_PI
August 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Killing Ford off is one thing. Ambiguously terminating his character off screen and then not specifically mentioning it explicitly on the actual show itself ever again is completely inexcusable; in my opinion, anyway.

Well said. It's my opinion too. :indeed:

Rac80
August 31st, 2009, 02:39 PM
If he's the only former cast member without a job WHEN they finally decide to make the movie... we just might see him again! :P

GoSpikey
September 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Ouch. Lol.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it, with all of those Ford-boreds. Ew.

Infinite-Possibilities
September 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I think we should see him again, if only as more of Sheppard's visions.

Thunderbird 2
September 8th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Personally, considering they have Clone Beckett in the wings, plus Lorne, Zelenka, not to mention Colonel Carter too, I think that both Dr Weir and Ford are gone. The writers will have their hands full writing a story that will sell to make sales, involving the characters they already have.

SPOILIER ALERT! Stargate Continuum!

Having said that, Peter Williams made yet another blink and miss appearance as Apophis in Continuum!

Colonel Rebel
September 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'd love to see Ford again, but I doubt we'll see him in the movie (I'd do a dance of joy if he did though). Maybe he'll appear in the new comic series.

Major Tyler
October 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Would I love it if the entire movie was about Ford? ABSOLUTELY!

But realistically I'd be happy with even just a mention.

Jeff O'Connor
October 14th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Spoilers for 5x1 'Search and Rescue':

I had always hoped since this one premiered that Ford's shocker of a ten-second cameo was a good sign for the future. When SGA was cancelled out of a sixth season, I'd hoped Extinction would carry the mantle there, but there's no telling whether or not that was ever the intention to begin with. Knowing TPTB, it could have even been a laugh from them, knowing some of us would cling to the notion immediately.

That said, of course I'd love to see it. I've been a big Ford fan and an even bigger 'give him more resolution' nut since, what, four years ago now?

kinseySG
October 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
yeah i think he died with the hive, he was cool before he got addicting to the enzyme but after that he was a ***, so i think they should just leave him dead.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I liked him more as a villain....he seemed much more important.

creed462
October 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM
He could have survived or been brought back in so many ways. It's just sad they didn't do it while the series was running

garhkal
October 16th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Spoilers for 5x1 'Search and Rescue':

I had always hoped since this one premiered that Ford's shocker of a ten-second cameo was a good sign for the future. When SGA was cancelled out of a sixth season, I'd hoped Extinction would carry the mantle there, but there's no telling whether or not that was ever the intention to begin with. Knowing TPTB, it could have even been a laugh from them, knowing some of us would cling to the notion immediately.

That said, of course I'd love to see it. I've been a big Ford fan and an even bigger 'give him more resolution' nut since, what, four years ago now?

What was his cameo?? I don't remember seeing ford in S&R?

Obi1
October 24th, 2009, 08:34 AM
you think they could mount a rescue for Lt. Ford?

I know Rainbow Sun probably wanted out of Atlantis and all that but his character didn't deserve what he got and we have a certain affinity for our heroes make-believe or not, we need closure.

And you know, Rainbow Sun got the role by less than conventional means so to have him on for less than two seasons really kinda flys in the face of all his hard work of wanting to be on the show.

Major_Griff
October 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
What was his cameo?? I don't remember seeing ford in S&R?

In the beginning when Sheppard was dreaming about his dinner with Teyla, she turns into Ford and he says how Sheppard let him down.

jelgate
October 24th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Can't have a movie about a dead guy

ussrelativity
October 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
As a member of the F.O.R.D., I'll back his return 100%. :ford:

Replicator Todd
October 24th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Can't have a movie about a dead guy
Sure we can! Its science fiction!

Falcon Horus
October 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think he wanted off - can't be sure about that, but I think he got the boot because they didn't know what to do with his character, Ford. The first in many... :rolleyes:

And it's highly unlikely, pretty much sure for about 99,99%, that there won't be an Atlantis movie at all.

Supreme Commander Sil
October 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, I certainly hope there is and it involves him :D s5 Atlantis:
(He was able to come on s5, which was AWESOME :D!)

Replicator Todd
October 24th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I don't think he wanted off - can't be sure about that, but I think he got the boot because they didn't know what to do with his character, Ford. The first in many... :rolleyes:

And it's highly unlikely, pretty much sure for about 99,99%, that there won't be an Atlantis movie at all.
:( Well what a great way to depress people! :P
I, on the other hand, believe their is a 50.00% chance of an Atlantis movie!

Falcon Horus
October 25th, 2009, 07:13 AM
:( Well what a great way to depress people! :P
I, on the other hand, believe their is a 50.00% chance of an Atlantis movie!

And I'm not sorry. ;)

Saquist
October 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM

See FORD period would be kewl.
but will they....when then got ol' muscles-chocolate locs-Ronon?
Girls love Ronon...
I'll take the loyal sidekick...go Rainbow.

IcarusAbides
October 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I don't think they will use Ford and i'm not sure i would want them too, i love the character and wish he had gotten more screen time but it should have been over a season or two and not in a movie where it may feel rushed. However they may make it awesome at which point i shall watch.

romeo53
November 4th, 2009, 11:40 AM
attended a convention the other week with joe flanigan,jason mamoa and paul mcgillion and they seems to think the sga movie wont go ahead they still hav'nt heard anything about it but i hope it does get a go ahead in the future with so many open story lines to wrap up

Mrja84
November 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
The way they ''ended'' his character's story wasn't mighty.

Quite disappointed.

In order to give a decent ending I would like to see some sort of appearance from him in the movie.

I would love to see some resolution to his journey. He was THE character I was watching. I related to him SO much.

I agree. I really like his character and was bummed to see him go. He was light and refreshing, which was what the show needed since they were in such dire trouble. I didn;t care for Ronon too much. The actor was awesome but the way he was writen was like the writers were trying to remind themselves they were MEN! roar!

To echo other's points, Ronon just seemed like Teal'c 2.0 They even had them fight in season 4. The writers really just didn't know anything about their characters.

But as for ford, I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but only if they write it well. If they go ahead and ruin the character I would much rather it was left with the ambiguous "did he die on the hive?" question

The Ford character got royally screwed over by the writers, more than almost anyone else I can think of offhand. Certainly in the Stargate Atlantis franchise. But despite the fact that he shouldn't have been killed like he was (The PTB, they mentioned sometime later that he died onscreen), at this point even i can't think of a way to write him back in without feeling forced. If they did though, I really wouldn't complain about it at all. I do think he should show up as visions (ala Search and Rescue) in the future sometime though.

To all the people I think writing him back when they state Off-Screen that he died. How many times have they killed characters just to bring them back? Weir, Beckett, Daniel, Carter's Ascended Boyfriend, Martouf, etc.

The writers kill people off as much as I believe they write good stories.

It doesn't seem the writers had much of an idea of who most of their characters were on Atlantis; they even said in the commentary for Rising that much of how Sheppard developed was due to how Joe Flanigan played him. Seeing that JF is older and a more experienced actor, he'd have a better idea how to develop a character that writers and directors don't have much development for, but that's a hard thing to do even for experienced actors.

Which just shows how much the writing team at Stargate just couldn't see anything pass their imminent story. I hope SGU gives them new blood and and better vision in terms of story-telling. I saw Ford as an experienced off-world explorer compared to Sheppard's inexperience (he sure became a pro fast. And I also so a bit of a thrill seeker in him as well. But for freaking sakes they just could not plan character development when they actually create characters for a new show. Ugh.

I really want the new writers at Stargate to get a crack at resolving character stories and giving the Atlantis cast the care they deserve and have been craving for 5 years.

Exactly, the writers just had no clear vision for anything. So they write cheap exposition instead of a scene pushing the character to their limits to create that cliff-hanger.

EDIT:
He just had a lot of potential, that I think the writers couldn't handle.

Now I hear on the Gateworld podcasts from Darren & co, that Greer is Ford "done right".

I'm not sure if Greer is a Marine, but I hope the writers weren't blocked from writing him as a character cause he was black. Should Ford have been the prone to anger character that is Greer? Is that being prejudice to African men?

Major_Griff
November 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I have been watching S1 of SGA (I'm gonna rewatch the whole series over the next few weeks), and I have to say that Ford never had a chance. No matter what you think of RSF as an actor, he didn't have anything to work with. He was little more than a glorified extra. And the fact that there was a Carson-centric episode in S1 but not a Ford-centric ep is pretty ridiculous. And then you watch an episode like Before I Sleep and Teyla and Ford are nowhere to be found during the infirmary scenes when Old Weir is telling her story.

I really have no idea what they thought they were doing with that character. And as has been said, the enzyme story line finally made him interesting, but that's when they got rid of him. I also find it a bit suspect that the character who replaced Ford, Ronon, was exactly the kind of character than Ford had become due to the enzyme story. So it really was just error after error on the part of TPTB.

KEK
November 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I would love to see some resolution to his journey. He was THE character I was watching. I related to him SO much.

He blew up, I doubt you're going to get much more resolution than that :lol:

Infinite-Possibilities
November 14th, 2009, 04:46 AM
We never saw it though. It was apparently done off screen. OFFSCREEN. FOR A MAJOR CHARACTER.

Ford wasn't just some random unimportant dude they met on a planet once, he was a staring character. He was in the opening credits. He was one of the "heros." So if we go with the assumption that he was killed in The Hive. That's easily the worst sci-fi death EVAR.

It makes Tanith's death loo like Boromir's.

General Jumper One
November 14th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I think it would be cool to have him in the movie, being that somehow he got off the ship. But it has been a few years since season 2 and Rainbow Sun Franks probably looks a bit different and a lot older than 24 years.

KEK
November 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
We never saw it though. It was apparently done off screen. OFFSCREEN. FOR A MAJOR CHARACTER.

We saw the ship he was on explode.

Ford wasn't just some random unimportant dude they met on a planet once, he was a staring character. He was in the opening credits. He was one of the "heros." So if we go with the assumption that he was killed in The Hive. That's easily the worst sci-fi death EVAR.

It makes Tanith's death loo like Boromir's.

Actually, he wasn't, at the time of his death he was little more than a guest character.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Actually, he wasn't, at the time of his death he was little more than a guest character.

We didn't see him explode on it. There was no indication at all if he got off or not. No indication if he was dead or alive, or if we'd see him again or not. It doesn't matter if he as not in the opening credits at the time of his death, he was still a major character. He deserved major character treatment. Maybe I didn't word it well, but what I meant was he was in the opening credits at some point.

Replicator Todd
November 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Michael's ship exploded, and he came back.

He was a guest character, but a MAJOR guest character.

Major_Griff
November 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
We didn't see him explode on it. There was no indication at all if he got off or not. No indication if he was dead or alive, or if we'd see him again or not. It doesn't matter if he as not in the opening credits at the time of his death, he was still a major character. He deserved major character treatment. Maybe I didn't word it well, but what I meant was he was in the opening credits at some point.

Not to mention the fact that Sheppard said something to the effect of he had a feeling Ford made it off the ship ok.

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM

he died when the hive ship went boom

Replicator Todd
February 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM
he died when the hive ship went boom

Supposedly. ;)

kusanagi
February 2nd, 2010, 02:46 AM
Supposedly. ;)

:indeed:

Pharaoh Atem
February 7th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Supposedly. ;)

it was never established if he could fly a dart and IIRC the dart bay is where the main explosion happen. ford.. ka boom

Replicator Todd
February 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
it was never established if he could fly a dart and IIRC the dart bay is where the main explosion happen. ford.. ka boom

Still, supposedly. :P

jelgate
February 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM

Try highly unlikely

Pharaoh Atem
February 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM

we'll enjoy the movie while you sit back and feel disappointed