Ford in atlantis movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford in atlantis movie?

Would anyone like to see the ford storyline wrapped up in one of the movies(doesn't mean it has to be the main story, i just want to see resolution for the story. What do you guys think
    sigpic

I thought the story was resolved. He blew up on the hive ship...
    Just because John said he wouldn't be surprised if he saw him again doesn't mean he will. I think it adds realism to the show that John wouldn't be surprised. Because then if they brought back Ford it'd be like "Hey, it's like you predicted the future of something John!"

Comment

I though he had a good send off, keeps you guessing as how it ended up. Some stuff you shouldn't finish, like Italian Job's cliff-hanger.

Comment

Nope. In my mind his story was finishied when the Hive ship blew up
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post
          I though he had a good send off, keeps you guessing as how it ended up. Some stuff you shouldn't finish, like Italian Job's cliff-hanger.
          a sequel to to that movie is being devoloped lol
          fords dead,the writers and producers have all said that he died on the hive ship.but they could always change that if they come up with a good idea for him.

Comment

I hope not, Ford was lame.
            Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

I would not say Ford was "lame" - simply underused, then thrown out the airlock. - He went boom well good! As did Drs Beckett and Weir.

At the start of season 5, Ford made a blink and you'll miss him apearance in a nightmare that Shepperd is having. Fors is wearing his Atlantris uniform and its clear hat Shepperd has inner deamons that he never could save Ford.

The same trick was used for Teal'c in The Changleing - written by Chris Judge, where Apophis pops up in halucinations in a hospital. Peter Williams popped up as the character, as he would again for his brief cameo in Continuum. However, Apophis is dead and gone as a marker of SG1's early days.

I think the same is true of Ford. Plus Dr Weir.
              Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 31 January 2009, 11:16 AM.
              Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
              Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I would love to see him again although i think the best use of him should have been in Vegas.

Comment

The unfortunate thing is, i liked Ford, he was like the kid in with the big boys, able to keep up and had to remind them of that more than once

The way they ended his character makes it hard as hell for them to bring him back with the multitude of fans scoffing h4x or something.

I liked Ford, shame how they wrote his end in, i would love for him to make a reappearence though.

C40
                  So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                  “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

i don't care if he comes back ,however i can't see it happening the movies need to move past that and deal with other lines of events, that are more realistic and exciting i dont think ford's return would help in that respect, just my to cents

Comment

I hope that if they do bring ford back it only takes about the first 10 minutes of the first movie and its like that captured him or he turned his self in, the fixed him and hes is now safe and fine on earth. I never really liked the ford story line. However, I am and have always been a huge Dr Weir fan and a Dr. Beckett fan. I always love their story lines. I also want to see more Fran, she is smoking hot! One more thing, Scifi killed Atlantis and SG1 !!!

Comment

I wish they didn't have Shep say how he wouldn't be surprised if Ford survived because having him blow up on a hive ship saving the team would have put such a nice bow on his story and not have people thinking he could come back.

That said, Ford did actually become interesting with the SuperFord storyline so having him show up might be cool IF they finally resolve the story once and for all.

Perfecto!

Comment

Yeah im'm hoping to see Ford in the Atlantis movie, I get the feeling he is not even close to dead.

Comment

You know...there's this BIIIIIIIG river in Egypt...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              You know...there's this BIIIIIIIG river in Egypt...
                              "Wøøf!"

Comment

Working...
                              X