Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the castings so far?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of the castings so far?

*Topic*

its good

Comment

I haven't heard of any of the actors chosen for SGU. I've been reading how popular they are but I've never seen them or if I had they didn't make an impression on me.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world
      Those who understand binary
      and those who don't.

Comment

Well, hope they have humour...
        SG Fan and Gun nut.
        Fellow Airsofter too

Comment

Robert Carlyle is a very good actor and fits the Dr. Rush character very well.

I know I've seen Justin Louis, Jamil Walker Smith, and David Blue perform because of what IMDB says they've been in, but I can only really recall (slightly) David Blue. Since I don't remember them, they can't have been awful, and they wouldn't have stood out (though that might have been the role more than the performance).

Unless there's something missing on IMDB, I've never seen Brian J. Smith perfom.

The Stargate people know how to cast, so I'm confident they'll get decent people.

Comment

I can't really say much about the casting at this point as I don't really know any of the actors that well except Robert Carlyle. But then again, who knew much about the SG-1 casting (exception RDA) before the show started? I'm sure they know what they're doing when it comes to the cast.

On another note, I just saw 28 Weeks Later and I thought Robert Carlyle was great!
            sigpic

Comment

With the exception of Robert Carlyle I haven't seen any of the other cast member's work, so I can't really say for sure. From what I've seen, though I like it. First of all RC is great and the fact that the youngest cast member thus far is 25 or 26 has quieted the oh so annoying SG: 90210 people, so that's a plus.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                and the fact that the youngest cast member thus far is 25 or 26 has quieted the oh so annoying SG: 90210 people, so that's a plus.
                Pretty sure they gonna find something else to complain about soon

Comment

I view the cast as a bunch of nobodys as i've never heard of any of these actors before! Which makes watching the show more exciting!

Comment

I think David Blue can be a new fan favorite.
                    On his Myspace page he wrote that he like sci fi and watch both Star Trek and SG-1/Atlantis. Lets hope his character will be good written!

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
                      you can count on it, unfortunately.

Perfecto!

Comment

As most of the actors are unknown ask me again in the Fall
                        you can count on it, unfortunately.
                        One of the curses of fandom
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

... the fact that the youngest cast member thus far is 25 or 26 has quieted the oh so annoying SG: 90210 people, so that's a plus.
                          The producers have made no change in the age of the characters. They are supposed to be college-age. That was why 20-25 was the age range for the casting calls. This means they want actors that can portray that age range, but it need not be the actor's actual age. Most of the time, actors and actresses are older than their roles. Actors actually in their early 20s usually portray high-school kids. Of course the age that can be pulled off varies from actor to actor. Occasionally, an actor or actress might portray older than they actually are. (Examples: Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson or technically - Christopher Judge as Teal'c) The majority of the time they'll be portraying two to five years younger than their actually age. (Examples: just about every other non-Jaffa regular Stargate role with an established age)

I don't get the 90210 people, either. I'll admit that when I first heard they were going younger for Universe, I was a bit concerned that the show might be going to pander to some unrealistic adolescent world-view. I was still stinging after trying a new show that did just that sort of thing. (Anyone here seen something called Gossib Girl?) However in retrospect, I realized it was unfair to assume such intentions from the Stargate people, given their track record.

They already have. Check out some of the other threads.

I think David Blue can be a new fan favorite.
                          On his Myspace page he wrote that he like sci fi and watch both Star Trek and SG-1/Atlantis. Lets hope his character will be good written!
                          Judging from some of the eary information, I'd say Eli and Chloe will probably be early fan-faves.
                          Last edited by terr; 31 January 2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: minor gramatical changes

Comment

Robert Carlyle is a pretty darn good snag for the cast I'd say. It'll be really good if/when he's in intense scenes.

The rest I've never heard of, but that means little.
                            Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by HorizonSurfer View Post
                              Robert Carlyle is a pretty darn good snag for the cast I'd say. It'll be really good if/when he's in intense scenes.

The rest I've never heard of, but that means little.
                              I just hope that Justin Louis will be able to keep up with RC as the co-lead.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X