"What is Starbuck?" Real Discussion SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What is Starbuck?" Real Discussion SPOILERS

There's a bunch of threads discussing the recent episodes, the Final Cylons, BSG mysteries, etc. that all have bits of the discussion about Starbuck, but I wanted to make a thread to focus solely on that discussion

So anyways just discuss your theories of who/what Starbuck is.

Everyone keeps saying she is a Cylon, and I think she might be too, but if she is she's not a normal one. Remember when she came back in the S4 premiere and she was tested and they said the results were negative? Col. Tigh said it didn't mean anything cause Baltar's detector never worked since it didn't ID Boomer. But it did ID Boomer remember? Baltar just lied cause he was afraid she would kill him.

So that might mean the detector really works, in which case it should have recognized Starbuck as a Cylon.

But she can't be a normal Human either, as there's a dead version of her on Earth. So either 1) she's a different type of Cylon, or 2) she's a clone.

One thing I don't get though is, regardless of what she is, how did the remains of her first body and her viper get all the way to Earth from that planet with the storm? Viper's don't have jump drives IIRC.

EDIT - OK so I just had another thought that is confusing me. Remember that Leobin read the "757NC" of Starbuck's viper's registration in the wreckage? And how there is an "8" at the beginning of that?

Well, how would the individual (or machine) that gave the new Starbuck a new Viper know to put that "8" on the new Viper? Since the wreckage didn't include the "8", whatever replicated a new Viper would have been missing a digit, yet somehow picked the right one. My only thoughts on this is that it's either, A) a mistake on TPTB's part, or B) that the full registration was retrieved from Starbuck's mind somehow.
    Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 30 January 2009, 01:08 PM.

I don't know why it is that everyone denies their eyes.

She is the rewritten Count Iblis.

She is the harbinger of death for both peoples.

He destroyed the original reptilian cylon empire and replaced them with machines in the original, this is why imperious leader has his voice. he would have done the same to humans.

Both characters have stood before their own bodies, having resurrected without any technological aid and have gone to great lengths to destroy and cover evidence of this.

There is not one element of the series that is not a rewriting of the original or a theme touched on in an episode of the original, not one.

why would this be different?

it's a retelling of the same story, even new caprica and the settlement was in the original, but then it was resolved in one episode and they decided not to settle, in this version they settled got occupied and escaped.

that is a rewriting of the same.

the same is true with starbuck.

she is not a cylon, she could be the cylon god is suppose...
    That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbius View Post
      There is not one element of the series that is not a rewriting of the original or a theme touched on in an episode of the original, not one.
      Do you have this statement saved somewhere to drop into BSG-related convo?

I see a lot of episodes that are clearly based upon TOS, but then I see lots that clearly aren't.

HOWEVER, I agree. I only dimly remember TOS, but she definitely fits the bill. As is the way (and rightly so) with the re-imagining, she won't turn out to be Iblis per se, but I think you're right on this one. The parallels are clear.
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

one thing i was reminded of when i caught a '3 years in 5 minutes' thing off youtube

when they were on new caprica, and prior to that, starbuck was captured and we think ,experimented on, then there's a shot of leobhan with a little girl in his arms,a nd i think the implication that that girl is starbuck's off spring

i can't recall how that storyline was dealt with or if it was

if it wasn't dealt with, is it possible that the real starbuck is that corpse and the starbuck walking around galactica is a clone of some sort, made from starbuck's own body when she was a prisoner, and the clone's growth was just accelerated to allow her to come back to the fleet?

it could even play into the iblis idea, because i like that idea as well. as many prophets we've had, we're due for a false one
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Are you on about the girl from the apartment Starbuck was imprisoned in on N.C? If so, it turned out to be a random human girl.

Back on Caprica though, she did have her ovaries harvested, so maybe I missed something and it's related to that?
          Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            one thing i was reminded of when i caught a '3 years in 5 minutes' thing off youtube

when they were on new caprica, and prior to that, starbuck was captured and we think ,experimented on, then there's a shot of leobhan with a little girl in his arms,a nd i think the implication that that girl is starbuck's off spring

i can't recall how that storyline was dealt with or if it was

if it wasn't dealt with, is it possible that the real starbuck is that corpse and the starbuck walking around galactica is a clone of some sort, made from starbuck's own body when she was a prisoner, and the clone's growth was just accelerated to allow her to come back to the fleet?

it could even play into the iblis idea, because i like that idea as well. as many prophets we've had, we're due for a false one
            Kacey was the little girl's name. Don't you remember the scene in which Kacey was reunited with her real mother in Exodus, Part II?

Comment

now i do

It was so long ago i didn't remember her, so the Kacey stuff isn't right, but, with her ovaries harvested, her own eggs could have been used to clone her (at least being a vital ingredient)

so she died on earth and her clone was sent back tot he fleet...or maybe htey killed her clone to set her up, dunno, but it could explain her existence
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                Do you have this statement saved somewhere to drop into BSG-related convo?

I see a lot of episodes that are clearly based upon TOS, but then I see lots that clearly aren't.

HOWEVER, I agree. I only dimly remember TOS, but she definitely fits the bill. As is the way (and rightly so) with the re-imagining, she won't turn out to be Iblis per se, but I think you're right on this one. The parallels are clear.
                ROFLMAO, that is a good one, no i don't have it saved, i don't mind typin it!

I also am speaking of Major story arcs, not character development ect.

This series has made major story arcs out of things that were discussed and resolved in 15 minutes in the old series, but I do think we may see some new direction in the last few episodes.

maybe not.

Also, some elements of this series did not appear in the original series, but in the outline for the second season that was not funded or filmed.

Those elements, including skinjobs, were written into this one as well.
                That human piece of incompetent garbage currently holding the office of President of the USA is not in any way my president, I can't support a born failure. Same reason i was against the last nitwit.

Comment

Working...
                X