Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - News/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - News/Discussion

Bloody Disgusting say GHOST RIDER 2 is out to writers.

Columbia Pictures are moving ahead with a sequel to the 2007 Nicolas Cage movie which earned $228 million worldwide from a budget of $110 million.

It was enough to call the movie a success and director Mark Steven Johnson looks to be getting a sequel to this Marvel character, unlike DAREDEVIL which despite it’s problems was a far superior film and had lots more room for sequel improvement.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-2-revs-up.php

Dumb, dumb, dumb, duuuuumbbbbbbb!
    Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

I actually liked the first movie, glad for a sequel! But it is very odd that there is no sequel for Daredevil in sight...

Comment

I thought Ghost Rider was decent enough. I'd check out the sequel.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

WHYYYYYY!!!! Sure, I was one of the many who went and saw it at the cinema - and found it lacking everything that the trailer had. Then again, I would see a sequel, so you could say it was a "success", lol. What on earth can they do with the plot now??

(ignorant non-comic book person here)

Comment

I though Ghost Rider was a big disappointment, I hope the next is a big improvement

Comment

Maybe a Ghost Rider-Blade(Vampire Hunter) crossover like in the comics!?

Comment

Think they'll get Nicolas Cage back?
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I sure hope so, I can't really see anyone else playing as Ghost Rider now.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Think they'll get Nicolas Cage back?
                    Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I sure hope so, I can't really see anyone else playing as Ghost Rider now.
                    Normaly i like actor continuity, but in this case i wouldnt be extremely bothered if it was re-cast.

Comment

Personally, I don't think I'd see it if he isn't in it.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nicolas Cage Talks Ghost Rider 2, Wants More Horror In Potential Sequel

News about the potential sequel directly from the Spirit of Vengence himself.
                        Nicolas Cage is planning to reprise his 2007 role as Johnny Blaze aka, Ghost Rider. Cage told MTV News that a writer is currently being sought for the follow-up.

The sequel, may see the biker from hell battle evil in Europe alongside the Catholic Church is still in its early stages. A director is also needed for the film. Mark Steven Johnson, co-writer and director of “Daredevil” and the first “Ghost Rider” film, seems like a likely candidate for either role in the sequel, Cage said nothing’s been decided so far.

“Everyone is very busy. I know Mark has his own thing going on,” Cage told MTV, “It’s up to the studio. It’s really in their hands.”

When asked which elements the sequel should include, Cage spoke tentatively given the early stage of “Ghost Rider 2? development. He did, however, point out the importance of some signature Ghost Rider themes.

“It has to have that action horror element and go deeper into that if it were to happen and [it should] keep us asking questions. Keep it interesting on a philosophical level,” said Cage.

Well hopefully this Ghost Rider will be more true to the comics, and not have Mephisto be the actual devil, though Peter Fonda is very Satanic and evil.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/O...y/news/?a=6710

Comment

The first film was really good, I will go and see the second one.

Comment

daredevil and ghost rider were both good, but this johnson guy seems very good at taking what should be really cool dark characters and sucking all that out of them, and making them overly clichéd, difficult to love movies.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Knowing that Cage will be involved with this sequel is good news to me. Now I will definitely plan on seeing it when it eventually comes out.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X