This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Rodriguez to produce PREDATOR remake

We told you as much on Jan 1st 2008, the moment ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM failed to light up the box office that a full reboot of both franchises was inevitable.

Now we are hearing word from Bloody Disgusting’s “trusted sources” that Robert Rodriguez is on board to produce for Fox with his Troublemaker Studios but probably won’t direct (which means the project might actually get made unlike most of those Rodriguez has his name currently attached too).

No writer is on board yet but we do have a pitch…

“In the reboot a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters.”

The news is there won’t just be one Predator but TWO! So much for man vs. alien!

Rodriguez, if I remember correctly wrote a screenplay for a PREDATOR movie set on his alien homeworld which was rejected as being “too expensive” before 20th Century Fox decided to go with Paul W.S. Anderson’s take of a battle between the juggernauts Alien and Predator.

If that script is still lying around, maybe, just maybe, Rodriguez might push for that to be used and come into the director’s chair. I love the original PREDATOR movie but I look at actors like The Rock, I look at actors like Terry Crews, like Ron Perlman and Mickey Rourke… and well I get excited about what Rodriguez could do with them here.

There’s definitely a case of becareful what you wish for but a Robert Rodriguez PREDATOR stand-alone movie, is something I would pay to see. Is that so bad, have I sinned?

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...tor-remake.php

i will only be happy about this if it is a sequal that just happens to be similar in setting to predator 1, i don't want a remake. i don't want it to disregard the first 2 movies.

knowing fox though, they'll probably get him to not disregard the avp movies either.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Now, a film set on the aliens home planet, I be up for that, a three way battle alien vs Predator vs Human set in the future on some alien planet in 3D, now that would be beyond awesome but some lame remake of previous films when their so much in the universe to be explored not interested, their all ready enough remakes around do not need a other one.
      Last edited by knowles2; 30 January 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

<sigh> Second announcement as further proof the great big San Andreas fault needs to just dump ALL of Hollywood into the ocean, so that maybe a NEW creative, and I mean creative, center can form to make original movies.

Now I won't write these words, but you know the words I want to write, they rhyme with duck, hitch, pit. Well duck you hollywood, you sons of hitches, I hope you all get stuck in a pit.

STOP WITH THESE GOD DAMN REMAKES!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
          Your childhood: Let me ruin it for you.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

If they even try to have one guy say Arnold's infamous line in this movie I am going to kick some ass

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
              <sigh> Second announcement as further proof the great big San Andreas fault needs to just dump ALL of Hollywood into the ocean, so that maybe a NEW creative, and I mean creative, center can form to make original movies.

Now I won't write these words, but you know the words I want to write, they rhyme with duck, hitch, pit. Well duck you hollywood, you sons of hitches, I hope you all get stuck in a pit.

STOP WITH THESE GOD DAMN REMAKES!
              agreed.

Comment

Sweet for Predator! But then bad for Predator! Robert Rodriguez might make it into a kids film!

Comment

I really don't think Predator should be "remade". Another sequel, sure, I'd be up for that. But not another remake film.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Predator 1 was great!
                    Predator 2 just made it cheesy but was still enjoyable to watch!
                    STOP REMAKING MOVIES!!! ARGHH!!!!! im going insane with remakes and "re-imaging"

Comment

what's with all these stupid remakes?

Comment

There definitely are a lot that have been announced recently.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X