PDA

View Full Version : Season 8-Baal? Super Soldiers?

hail_jack
May 10th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Sorry...I'm kinda new to this soooo if I put something in the wrong place/thread etc, etc, please tell me

anyways
here's my question:

how is Baal going to get his hands on some super soldiers when they're supposed to be completey loyal to Anubis and come on if the Tok'ra and our boys managed to make a weapon to defeat them why are the system lords so scared and come running to us? Surely they could make similar weapons....right?
Peace Out
Jack

SaberBlade
May 10th, 2004, 10:09 AM
the only way that i see Super Soldiers becoming Loyal to Baal is if he created his own. with Anubis dead, nothing is stopping Baal from going to the planet they were made (evolution 1+2) and getting the information for him self. they don't live for long afterall the facility could be abandoned

as for the weapon. it was based on an Ancient device (evolution 1+2). the Goa'uld don't have access to it and i seriously doubt the Tok'ra or SGC would hand over a weapon that can kill super soldiers (seen in death knell). the last thing they would want is a Goa'uld studying it and making possible future soldiers immune to it

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 11:43 AM
as for the weapon. it was based on an Ancient device (evolution 1+2). the Goa'uld don't have access to it and i seriously doubt the Tok'ra or SGC would hand over a weapon that can kill super soldiers (seen in death knell). the last thing they would want is a Goa'uld studying it and making possible future soldiers immune to it

Or even worse, improving their sarcophagus technology based on it's design.

Elwe Singollo
May 10th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Those super soldiers... hmm...

SaberBlade
May 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Or even worse, improving their sarcophagus technology based on it's design.

well i wouldn't think the Ancient device would be turned over to them but even if they got a weapon that Jacob/Sam developed could they even use it to imporove the sarcaphogus?

Elwe Singollo
May 10th, 2004, 12:29 PM
well i wouldn't think the Ancient device would be turned over to them but even if they got a weapon that Jacob/Sam developed could they even use it to imporove the sarcaphogus?I agree.

SGSlugger
May 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Could Ba'al even know/find the location of Anubis's super-solider plant? Surly there has to be some stranglers, becuase I would doubt that Anubis would take his entire force.

SaberBlade
May 10th, 2004, 12:56 PM
well the SGC found out and all it took was to capture 1 of the super soliders. who is to say (other than the writers) that Baal didn't do the same thing.

SGSlugger
May 10th, 2004, 01:11 PM
We went through a lot of trouble though. It seemed more like luck that we actually got one.

Mike
May 10th, 2004, 01:21 PM
SPOILERS--SEASON 7 and 8
I do think we'll be seeing the return of the Super Soldiers in Season 8. I've read that Baal is the one who steps in to take control of Anubis' stuff. So I don't doubt it that he'll be very interested in Anubis' Super Soliders.

bcmilco
May 10th, 2004, 01:40 PM
well i wouldn't think the Ancient device would be turned over to them but even if they got a weapon that Jacob/Sam developed could they even use it to imporove the sarcaphogus?

Who knows, but why find out. ;)
Besides they may not be able to improve the sarc, buy they may beable to improve weapons, and or defences... it's better if you don't give your enemy any kind of advantage you dont have to.

Mr Prophet
May 10th, 2004, 02:04 PM
how is Baal going to get his hands on some super soldiers when they're supposed to be completey loyal to Anubis

Easy-peasy. Give me a big hood and a shiny face mask and I could take control of the Kull hordes.

Otis
June 5th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Sorry, just saw the SS pics in the new episode with Baal!

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Sorry, just saw the SS pics in the new episode with Baal!Can you send me a link, i was looking at the new episode with Baal, but i didn't see any Super Soldiers... :( I would be so happy :)

Mio
June 5th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Ba'alite Kull Warriors......

I hope we can figure out how to make the glowing jellyfish space gun to work.

Mr Prophet
June 5th, 2004, 11:41 PM
The space gun's a bit of a stretch for the super-soldiers. We know how to kill them and they're basically an infantry threat.

Speaking of the new shots, have they changed the design or have they just got some better angles that make the helmets look less goofy?

Torley
June 5th, 2004, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see a really funny, simple solution to an otherwise powerful enemy -- it'd be funny if the supersoldiers were weak against lactose so SG-1 has to hook up cows and spray milk at them... that'd make for a hilarious comedy episode. I have never really liked "supersoldiers" in various sci-fi stories, they tend to come off as a bit goofy and you obviously can't relate to them, so it's only a matter of time before they become fodder for the good guys (i.e. even the uber-vamps in Buffy fell prey to this later on). They have to weaken them down to kill them, so it's predictable in that regard and they're going to get easier and easier to beat.

Bring it on, War of the Worlds stylee!

Mio
June 6th, 2004, 05:32 AM
The space gun's a bit of a stretch for the super-soldiers. We know how to kill them and they're basically an infantry threat.

Speaking of the new shots, have they changed the design or have they just got some better angles that make the helmets look less goofy?

Fortified with super soldiers, an invasion on Earth would be quite decisive....

Blowing up the transport ships before they get here would be nice.

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 05:51 AM
My guess is Ba'al will get all of the remaining soliders under his control, somehow. I don't know how it will be possible unless he has created a even stronger more powerful soldier of his own

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Blowing up the transport ships before they get here would be nice.

Quite; you have to land them before they do any good, and even then, with the new disruptor weapons SG-1 can clearly take on several times their own weight in kull warriors.

As for Ba'al's control of the super-soldiers, the key would be manipulating their conditioning. If he doesn't have control of the repaired facility on Tartarus, my money's on him using Anubis' holographic equipment - or just a big cloak - to appear before them in Anubis' image.

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Hey that's a good idea. Perhaps they'll make Ba'al sound like Anubis and dress like him and Ba'al will say something like "You are now under the control of Ba'al at my request. This is all"

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Hey that's a good idea. Perhaps they'll make Ba'al sound like Anubis and dress like him and Ba'al will say something like "You are now under the control of Ba'al at my request. This is all"Haha, that would show how retarded the super soldiers are, :D Wow thats funny. :)

Teal'c
June 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Quite; you have to land them before they do any good, and even then, with the new disruptor weapons SG-1 can clearly take on several times their own weight in kull warriors.

As for Ba'al's control of the super-soldiers, the key would be manipulating their conditioning. If he doesn't have control of the repaired facility on Tartarus, my money's on him using Anubis' holographic equipment - or just a big cloak - to appear before them in Anubis' image.
Wow, that's actually a good idea :P *waits for Shadow to comment on how the writers would never think that up*

Well, if it's not that then Baal would have to go to Tartarus and create his own Kull Warriors.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Wow, that's actually a good idea :P *waits for Shadow to comment on how the writers would never think that up*

Well, if it's not that then Baal would have to go to Tartarus and create his own Kull Warriors.I think it is a good idea. I laugh on how you quickly comment on what Shadow would say :)

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I would have one question. The force field on the Stargate. Unless they arrive by ship. I'm sure that Anubis made the necessary repairs to his big headquarters going by the damage SG-1 caused

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 10:17 AM
The big advantage of the 'Baal in a cloak' plan would of course be that it would give Jack a chance to throw out some choice Wizard of Oz one liners - "pay no attention to the man wearing the curtain" - or even for Daniel to get dressed up as Anubis as well and have them vying for control.

"I'm Anubis!"
"No; I'm Anubis!"
"I'm Anubis and so's my wife!"

Meanwhile, we see the supersoldier masks turning back and forth like tennis spectators...

Classic comedy gold.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:18 AM
The big advantage of the 'Baal in a cloak' plan would of course be that it would give Jack a chance to throw out some choice Wizard of Oz one liners - "pay no attention to the man wearing the curtain" - or even for Daniel to get dressed up as Anubis as well and have them vying for control.

"I'm Anubis!"
"No; I'm Anubis!"
"I'm Anubis and so's my wife!"

Meanwhile, we see the supersoldier masks turning back and forth like tennis spectators...

Classic comedy gold.That would be so halrious!:)

Beckmen
June 6th, 2004, 10:54 AM
SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I didn't see any Kull Warriors in New Order. I saw them in Avatar. That episode is a simulation thing with Teal'c stuck in a VR thing. So the Kull Warriors aren't neccisarily coming back, they just might be in this episodes because Teal'c fears them more than regular Jaffa or something.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I think SS are scary, but not their physical appearance, haha...

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Hey here's a thought, maybe Ba'al's SS will be able to hit the broad side of a barn! :p

One can only hope ;)

KorbenDirewolf
June 6th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Why would Kull warriors be required to destroy a barn?

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Why would Kull warriors be required to destroy a barn?

It's a saying... "S/He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn."

It means they're horrible shots and can even hit a large and obvious target.

KorbenDirewolf
June 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
If they're horrible shots but can still hit targets, they've got something going for them.. Although I think I get what you were getting at. ;)

Can't have actual characters actually getting killed can we? They's plently of charcters who aren't even a name but just a job title and/or rank to kill. But there are exceptions to that.

bcmilco
June 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
If they're horrible shots but can still hit targets, they've got something going for them.. Although I think I get what you were getting at. ;)

Can't have actual characters actually getting killed can we? They's plently of charcters who aren't even a name but just a job title and/or rank to kill. But there are exceptions to that.

They may not be allowed to kill main characters but they should be allowed to hit them espeically if we're supposed to be afraid of them ;) I mean the first time we see a Kull warrior in action he completely misses two guys standing out in the middle of an open battle field. I found it very hard to believe that he actually killed all those guys when he didn't even come close to hitting Teal'c and Bra'tac. And first impressions are the hardest to break.

Plus the Kull in Death Knell had the same problem Sam was getting water and his shots were so wide of her possition it was embarrassing IMO.

IMO If they wanted to make the Kull warriors seem dangerous they should have had the shots closer to the actors/esses and/or actually hit them a few times. ;)

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 05:01 PM
They may not be allowed to kill main characters but they should be allowed to hit them espeically if we're supposed to be afraid of them ;) I mean the first time we see a Kull warrior in action he completely misses two guys standing out in the middle of an open battle field. I found it very hard to believe that he actually killed all those guys when he didn't even come close to hitting Teal'c and Bra'tac. And first impressions are the hardest to break.

Plus the Kull in Death Knell had the same problem Sam was getting water and his shots were so wide of her possition it was embarrassing IMO.

IMO If they wanted to make the Kull warriors seem dangerous they should have had the shots closer to the actors/esses and/or actually hit them a few times. ;)On commenteries, they laugh and joke around on how bad Jaffa's aim are, it was halrious. But yeh, they should have made it more 'scary' like...

KorbenDirewolf
June 6th, 2004, 09:16 PM
All that black armor is supposed to be scary. ;)

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I find the black armor racist... Well juss kidding, haha... Why can't it be 'White Armor' ?! Haha...

Darren
June 6th, 2004, 10:58 PM
FWIW, Mallozzi/Mullie's word for what Baal does to gain control of the super-soldiers is that he "reprograms" them.

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Reprogram huh... What a cheap 'insert harsh word', can't Baal be original?! and make his own! Well, if you think reprogramming is his own, then nevermind :)

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I'm sure Ba'al will do something . . .

Mr Prophet
June 7th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Slap a sticker on the side saying 'Ba'al - ask for it by name'?

Elitenova
June 7th, 2004, 06:26 AM
But they also retrofitted the P90 and other weapons at the SGC

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Plus that weapon that Carter has which nobody knows the model name to

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 09:11 AM
You mean the one they made by slapping pieces of other weapons together?

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Yep, that gun. I quite like it though

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Yep, that gun. I quite like it thoughThe gun is ... 'nifty', eww, thats a word i never use. Hey, we invented something, and didn't even have to trade with anyone... Me so proud :D

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Well we did create something at last. But we created guns anyway

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Well we did create something at last. But we created guns anywayYah :) The guns were effective too, even more effective than explosives. Gosh, what an annoying enemy...

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Guns probably have to be our best invention, and C4

Elwe Singollo
June 7th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Yes, our guns seem to do more 'spray' dmg than those staffs, which in my opinion is better.

Anubis
June 7th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Staff weapons are not designed to be made like our machine guns, but have a more serious injury affect

KorbenDirewolf
June 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Could be... But if one was a good shot, one shot at a time is all one would need.