CMS Walter Harriman/Gary Jones Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMS Walter Harriman/Gary Jones Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Have you noticed how much screen time and dialogue Walter the Chevron Guy has been getting this season? I think it's great - he's hilarious! I remember hearing on an interview (on one of the dvd sets, maybe?) that he's actually a commedian.

After eight years on the show it's about time he gets to say something besides "chevron 1 encoded, chevron 2 encoded......". You go, Walter!
    e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

yeah I think so too.Isn't it boring just waiting to say what maybe 10 lines and that's it
    your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Yeah, he showed up in almost every episode and all he got to say was "Chevron 1 encoded, Chevron 2 encoded..." it's great he has actual lines now! I like Walter...
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

And his last name has finally been spoken. Good ol' Walter Harriman
        Rocky

Comment

i loved the intro bit last week in endgame, tween him and jr chevron guy.....
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
            i loved the intro bit last week in endgame, tween him and jr chevron guy.....
            I felt the same way, and our little Stargate group that gets together love to see Walter getting some lines. He deserves it!

Comment

It's one of the reasons why I love the ep 2010 (i think thats it) because he actually plays a bigger role.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                And his last name has finally been spoken. Good ol' Walter Harriman
                As an interesting sidenote, in one of the episodes in the last couple seasons (I forget which) his uniform said "Davis" on it.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well, I have decided that the most underecognised character of the show deserves a thread!

When you think about it he probably has one of the more important jobs at the SGC, but he doesnt get much recognition does he!!?!?

So here's a place to chat about how cool Walter is

Comment

Hey there!

Martouf Marty started up one of these threads a while back, and I started one just a few weeks ago.

YOO HOO MODS!!!!

Can you combine all three please????

I'll give you blue jello!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey cool avatar suekay
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I love that guy, he's so cudly Oh, and his name is officially Walter Harriman now So he's been wearing another man's jumpsuit for a few years

I'm glad their giving him more and more lines as time passes. This guy is the voice of the Stargate. He's irreplaceable.
                        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

i thought his name was sgt. walter davis. and i agree that he deserves recognition. i mean, he has the tedious job of 'open the iris, close the iris, open the iris, close the iris.'
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

When SG1 ends, Walter needs to cross over to SGA. The SGA gate dialing procedures are just so,. . . .dull.

They need Walter to kick it up a notch!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              When SG1 ends, Walter needs to cross over to SGA. The SGA gate dialing procedures are just so,. . . .dull.

They need Walter to kick it up a notch!
                              Absolutely! Adding Walter would make it so much more exciting! He deserves recognition for his hard work at the SGC. Give him a medal or something!

Comment

Working...
                              X