How much of Sanctury uses CGI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much of Sanctury uses CGI?

Soooo...I'm a complete newbie to this show, and have just watched the double pilot episode. <mod snip>

I realise that there were a number of 'webisodes' before the TV show, and I assume that much more of those were shot using green screen, for the sake of the budget. But how much of the TV show uses CGI? Sometimes I can see it, sometimes I'm not sure, and sometimes I'm fairly certain they're on a set.

Can someone clue me in?
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 29 January 2009, 07:47 AM. Reason: alluding to d/l is not allowed :-)

Originally posted by Alder View Post
    Soooo...I'm a complete newbie to this show, and have just watched the double pilot episode. <mod snip>

I realise that there were a number of 'webisodes' before the TV show, and I assume that much more of those were shot using green screen, for the sake of the budget. But how much of the TV show uses CGI? Sometimes I can see it, sometimes I'm not sure, and sometimes I'm fairly certain they're on a set.

Can someone clue me in?
    Welcome to the Sanctuary.

I believe the CGI/real set mix is about 75/25 at this point, though it varies from episode to episode.

In the Sanctuary for All pilot, I believe most of the early scenes with Will in the cafe/crime scene/alley/hospital were done on location, while most of the Sanctuary (except for Helen's office I think) were done with green screen.

Some episodes like Kush and Requiem were done predominantly on built sets with minimal green screen, but for the most part I think about 75% of the sets on the show are green screen.

On SciFi's Sanctuary website, they have a couple videos that show some examples of the CGI set replacement they've done. http://www.scifi.com/sanctuary/

Hope that helps!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      On SciFi's Sanctuary website, they have a couple videos that show some examples of the CGI set replacement they've done. http://www.scifi.com/sanctuary/

Hope that helps!
      First, thanks.
      Second - Oh. My. Word. That's a lot more than I had spotted. Things like the outside of the Sanctuary itself, and the bridge across the river and such I was sure of, but I can't believe how little is there for, say, the central 'nexus' of the Santurary.

I can't believe the quality. Wow.

Comment

Yeh, some scenes you can really see its fake others are just amazing. I saw this clip on Sci Fi web pag and was amazed cos everything was green LOL and in the ep it looks so real

Comment

Working...
        X